Topics

WTF

• Darkhawk - September 23, 2010 2:31 a.m.

I'm sorry, but hand-holding Ashley through hordes of zombies was not my idea of fun in RE4. You remember how much it sucked in that room where you had to turn the switches while (literally) 100's of zombies swarmed you? Hahaha... whatever, dude. Ico is the greatest. And yeah, PoP (cel) had a wicked "escort".
  • goochbiscuit - September 23, 2010 3:20 a.m.

old swan's cum does indeed suck, jim.
  • JimSterling - September 23, 2010 3:40 a.m.

"I had no ideal this was the Week of Hate" If you think this is bad, you have no idea. I'll show you a week of hate.
  • phoenix_wings - September 23, 2010 3:52 a.m.

I liked Fallout 3's lockpicking, but despised the hacking portions. If I had a dollar for every time I spun around and shot Ashley in the face, well...it happened a couple times, so I guess I could go out and buy a soda.
  • Baron164 - September 23, 2010 3:55 a.m.

I hate escort missions, always have and always will. Luckily they don't get used that much anymore. As far lock picking and hacking I can somewhat agree. I feel that games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion put it in there so if you decided to become a thief you can fallow that path and grab yourself some good gear that otherwise you would not be able to find. It's not a pretty minigame but I don't generally have a problem with it.
  • Spybreak8 - September 23, 2010 4:04 a.m.

Granted it doesn't need to be in every game but Alchemy, Lock Picking and Stealth/not in a stealth game were very cool and I spent hours doing all of them.^^
  • sleepy92ismypsn - September 23, 2010 5:04 a.m.

The platforming was my favorite part of the Uncharted games. Climbing buildings in inFAMOUS was kind of a drag but it wasn't that big of a deal. You need to stop being so picky Jim.
  • NanoElite666 - September 23, 2010 5:05 a.m.

You know what I'm sick of games making me do? Run out of ammo! Screw that shit!
  • SoutheastSam - September 23, 2010 5:53 a.m.

Jim, you should just start working for GR full-time
  • PapaPessi - September 23, 2010 6:26 a.m.

Speaking of shitty escort missions... DEAD RISING anyone? Worst escort missions EVA!!!
  • publicanemone - September 23, 2010 6:36 a.m.

The mix of the time limit and impossible escorting ruined Dead Rising for me. Hope both are gone for the sequel.
  • jmcgrotty - September 23, 2010 6:42 a.m.

You didn't include the biggest one that is overdone: online/co-op play. God, the honeymoon is over on that crap.
  • kiddoblivion - September 23, 2010 7:31 a.m.

And yet with all those tasks listed, not once is "shooting things" mentioned. I'm so tired of every other game telling me to march around gunning down scampering, AI-piloted character models. When did gaming and gunning become so synonymous with each other? When exactly did America's gun culture hijack video-games? The gaming industry is so desperate to be taken serious as a medium yet it finds itself constantly pandering to the juvenile "Cowboys & Indians/Cops & Robbers" mentality of it's audience. Even a game like Assassin's Creed 2 which was set in the friggin 15th century managed to slip in gunplay to sooth the frustrations of this "cap poppin" game-playing majority. A "truly innovative game" these days would probaly consist out an adult game with mature themes, story and setting but WITHOUT anyone ever pulling a trigger. Unfortunately I doubt they could ever manage such a feat. So thanks but no, I'll stick with escorting a "bitch" in Ico, it may not appeal to the "majority" but atleast a breathe of fresh air is better than a mouth full of...well, ya know.
  • TheWebSwinger - September 23, 2010 7:51 a.m.

Well well well, quite the controversial lil article.
  • infernox - September 23, 2010 8:35 a.m.

deus ex had no lockpicking or hacking minigames and some critics thought it made it too easy. it also let you play how you wanted, so you didnt have to use stealth.
  • amguitarman - September 23, 2010 8:55 a.m.

Hell yeah! Prototype owns inFamous. That game is fun just to aimlessly run around New York.
  • Clovin64 - September 23, 2010 9:38 a.m.

Lock picking in Oblivion SSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. With regards to the Hacking section, is that screenshot from the hacking mini game in Bioshock 1? It looks bloody horrible! Bioshock 2's hacking mini game is so much better. Also I loved Ico from what I've played of it. Can't wait for the HD re-release!
  • Blackfox34 - September 23, 2010 11:59 a.m.

Terry Schiavo would have been a more effective ally than that ridiculous bitch. Quote of the century right there
  • laxsiber - September 23, 2010 12:35 p.m.

This is dumbest thing I've seen on gamesradar. I think that more games need to have climbing. I agree that Prince of Persia had best climbing but I want to see that in more game. And what's wrong with hacking and lockpicking? About stealth I don't even need to say anything. I hate games that's just one thing (like sport, fighting or mindless shooters) games should be more diverse.
  • philipshaw - September 23, 2010 12:38 p.m.

Agree with this list except for the last point because Ico is amazing because the whole game is a fantastic escort mission