• JMAN1156 - March 21, 2011 12:55 p.m.

it's funny that you have beating a gamer as a negative, and then being a sore looser as the next one! The gamer is being a sore looser!
  • rabidpotatochip - March 21, 2011 12:45 p.m.

hahaha My wife and I had a lot problems with walking in front of the TV and happily chattering away during cutscenes. To her credit though, she is the most awesome non-gamer I've ever met. She actually took the time to learn the exact moment she could safely walk in front of the TV and doesn't try to force much of a conversation if all she gets are distracted grunts. I do love the occasional Mission Impossible dive she does to get past the TV during a tense battle in Monster Hunter 3 though.
  • jim2wheels - March 21, 2011 12:42 p.m.

Great article GR, just the sort of lift required on a mundane Monday at work. I'm the beat em at their own game person. I don't care who they are - I must win at all costs! 7 years old and playing Mario Kart with me? Prepare to lose sucker!!
  • YouAreTearingMeApartAntista - March 21, 2011 12:38 p.m.

Being a backseat gamer can be acceptable as long as your passing actual words of wisdom to someone worse than you, I do it all the time *smugface*. Awesome article, the Cundy pic had me in stitches
  • ShortFuse - March 21, 2011 12:37 p.m.

Was definitely waiting for the 'walk in front of the tv' one, nothing pisses me off more then when my female housemates just walk across our games of fifa or various deathmatches we have.... Plus they also hog the tv....by watching crap, and say 'it's only a game' hell they pretty much commit all these cardinal sins maybe I should move out... or force them out... the latter probably seeing as the flat screen tv is the boys' purchase anyway
  • DarkSynopsis - March 21, 2011 12:35 p.m.

Line of Sight on easily the worst one! Had it happen to me just yesterday while trying to play some Rock Band 3!
  • Mooshon - March 21, 2011 12:31 p.m.

Genius article and photos you lot. Genuine involuntary laughs at this end.
  • HankVenture - March 21, 2011 12:28 p.m.

I am TOTALLY the backseat driver guy, but I usually just give hints and remind them of something they are forgetting.
  • IveGotTheGlow - March 21, 2011 12:27 p.m.

Really good list. I was able to relate to every moment on this list and they all piss me off when they happen.
  • robertpopovic - March 21, 2011 12:27 p.m.

It's funny how a lot of those things have exactly the same effect when used on someone watching a football match Yet 'we' are addicted geeks, but it's perfectly normal to shout and curse when someone's opening a newspaper at a very important moment of the match (Not rarely just a bloody kick-off).
  • rubblemaker - March 21, 2011 12:25 p.m.

Don't you love it when someone thinks they're first, then commits the heinous crime of writing FIRST in big letters, and they're not first? Ahh.. sweet justice. I'm so glad talking over cutscenes is in one of the points on this list. The advent of pausable cutscences has been such a blessing. I want to personally thank every developer who has ever made their cutscenes pausable. Keep doing it. Please!
  • TheLastRGP - March 21, 2011 12:24 p.m.

And I hate hearing, it's only a game. If I turn off the TV during a soap opera or a sporting event, and I say, it's only TV, my head will be chopped off. No bias should be there for games.
  • TheLastRGP - March 21, 2011 12:15 p.m.

WOW FIRST. Reading this at work, and this is a great top 7. I've definitely been salty losing to a non gamer. Funny article
  • NeelEvil - March 21, 2011 12:12 p.m.

I'm printing out the Line of Sight pic & mounting it on top of the TV. That'll learn 'em.