• presc1ence - March 21, 2011 4:27 p.m.

Re:point 4 I use backseat gamers as spotters! When we are all FPS freaks it works out well. As they are usually pointing out the same stuff they would be if we were online together! And it's hard not to shout at them when the fire is coming from BEHIND them, and they are searching the wrong way........
  • phantomfatale - March 21, 2011 4:22 p.m.

Wow this is right on the money. firstly, it destroys me inside when people try to start a conversation with me, and as fate would have it it's typically during a very important boss fight where i'm about to get raped up the ass by their ultimate attack, though there is an exception if the conversation comes from your partner also playing the game. secondly, I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but it seems like everyone, all the time, thinks they can do things better than me, and I'm constantly barraged by "ugh...no over there....no you need to go back...ugh, here let me see it I'll show you." If I wanted to see it done I wouldn't be the one playing
  • Yeager1122 - March 21, 2011 4:22 p.m.

I hate when peolpe talk over cutscenes especially if its the last one in the game.
  • MrWrighty987 - March 21, 2011 4:17 p.m.

Great article lads, i'm going this to show my wife this because she does 5 of these every single time i play games.
  • wampastompa - March 21, 2011 4:03 p.m.

i cannot wait to hear the discussion of this top 7 on Talkradar. The anger...
  • idlemindkiller - March 21, 2011 3:43 p.m.

my wife and kids beg for the wrath of doom anytime i try to play a game and they are awake. but my wife still gets to play (insert any shitty game from facebook here) fail fail fail. stay single kids!!!
  • humpiedumpie - March 21, 2011 3:40 p.m.

Wauw i lol'd so much at this top 7! Good job guys! i love this one! Great pictures too!
  • daymun - March 21, 2011 3:37 p.m.

How is that guy on page 3 playing a game on PS3 with a 360 controller? No wonder he just lost. "You've got the wrong console plugged into the TV mate"
  • MJHAYLETT - March 21, 2011 3:21 p.m.

I live alone so um all of these things don't apply to me :D I do sometimes want to tell my niece what to do when she comes round for some Ratchet & Clank or LBP but I mostly resist the back seat driving. Mostly.
  • Strangleme - March 21, 2011 2:51 p.m.

I hate losing to non gamers!! Doesn't happen very much but it stings bad when it does.
  • phate - March 21, 2011 2:40 p.m.

Awesome article is awesome! I have one to add though. Playing games badly in front of a gamer. I think of horrible things when this happens to me...
  • EnragedTortoise1 - March 21, 2011 2:22 p.m.

I hate six of the seven. I commit the other one. Backseat gaming is my worsterest habit (shut up spellcheck).
  • Weirdjedi - March 21, 2011 2:13 p.m.

I can think of a video link, comic strip, or experience that references each one of these. I'm not going to post them, but it certainly means you were spot on with the list.
  • PandyBear - March 21, 2011 1:50 p.m.

@ JakeyBaby, chances are its the other way round, his daughter terrorising him :D
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - March 21, 2011 1:48 p.m.

Yea I'm guilty of backseat gaming. I don't think any of these problems will get fixed until gamers that grew up with a controller in their hand rule the earth.
  • reveffect - March 21, 2011 1:46 p.m.

"its only a game" definately deserves number one. I remember a few years ago my old standard definition tv finally went kaput on me after so many years so I was forced to move my 360 downstairs and play on the tv in the living room. One day my mom was having her hair done by my big sister in the room while I was playing modern warfare 2. Of course I was pissed as hell playing that anger inducing game and that is when both of them said the dreaded words. After they said them I cut it off and went upstairs for I could not stand to be around them for a while. But there was a similar moment where I met a delima. Yet again my sister is doing my moms hair except this time I was play gta4 single player. I did a few missions that showed the more storey driven moments of the game ,that they were kind of impressed with but of course completely forgot about, when I started to just roam the city and drive around all crazy like. When I drove onto a boardwalk next to a canal and started running over people my mom was making sounds like "oh my god" or giggling a little saying I should "watch out" and thats when it happened. In my mind I was debating wether I should say it is just a game or cook up something else but instead I stayed silent, pulled out a grenade a blew a crowd of them to pieces. When she started her surpised laughter I said "don't worry mom they will come back they are just incapacitated, they will magicly re appear in other parts of the city like they always do because they are magic that way".
  • Bloodstorm - March 21, 2011 1:42 p.m.

Great article. My brother is a back seat gamer. I'm doing perfectly fine in a Team Swat match in Reach, then he comes is and tells me how bad and unobservant I'm being and next thing I know I'm down 3 points because my concentration has been broken.
  • RazielArcanum - March 21, 2011 1:40 p.m.

So I manage to convince my girlfriend to play MGS a couple of years ago. I put her on the Playstation version -- you know, the REAL one with the decent voice acting and spot-on humour. She found it quite enjoyable, and I enjoyed watching her. Then we get to Psycho Mantis. She manages to take him down. "Now," I think. "Now, she will be exposed to the most bitter, hateful speech in video game history. NOW is the moment that she will realise that games ARE art and there's a REASON I can link any event or philosophy to Metal Gear Solid games. NOW we'll see". She let him talk for a minute and then skipped the cutscene, then didn't play it again after Meryl got shot. I'm still not sure how she survived that one.
  • JakeyBaby - March 21, 2011 1:23 p.m.

The image of Cundy terroising his daughter is priceless and completely sums up the Jekyll and Hyde personality of a gamer! xD Brilliant!
  • Rascanuvols - March 21, 2011 1:09 p.m.

I've always been interrupted at EVERY non-pausable ending I've seen. God hates gamers.