• lewis42025 - March 21, 2011 7:22 p.m.

this is brilliant. i love it. AND SO TRUE
  • barrage7667 - March 21, 2011 7:08 p.m.

Everyone who thinks gamers get angry for no reason because of these things should definitely read this. I am definitely guilty of being an evil backseat gamer calling my friends morons or worse when they screw up. Whoops...DONT WALK IN FRONT OF MY GOD DAMN T.V
  • KittanBachika - March 21, 2011 6:37 p.m.

being banned shoulda been in there...
  • neilkelly - March 21, 2011 6:37 p.m.

The only other one i can think of (which doesn't apply these days because of wireless controllers) is when a person, or family pet pulls the controller out of the console by tripping over it!!! Like when I was playing PES on the ps2, and my mum came home, my dog started getting all excited and ran over to the door and pulled my friggin controller out. I was sooo mad I started screaming and swearing at my dog (and not even the more acceptable swearwords). Then just to tip me over the edge my mum said the most annoying thing she could have said "ITS ONLY A GAME" AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
  • Japanaman - March 21, 2011 6:22 p.m.

This is so true! I can't tell you the amount of times all these things happened to me!
  • jbrown - March 21, 2011 6:19 p.m.

Thank god for pausible cutscenes. My fiance used to think that cutscenes were the perfect time to tell me about her day, especially during MGS cutscenes. She no longer tells me "it's just a game" because it causes me to "accidentally" drop controllers and they are expensive.
  • Sniped50 - March 21, 2011 6:11 p.m.

Heehee, good article. I have another suggestion. My dad has recently been playing Bulletstorm (I got him started on that), however it's SO annoying when he asks me for help with the blatantly obvious. For instance, the tutorial section, "It's telling me to jump, but I can't seem to jump [over that very very large piece of scrap metal]." "Try going back to the glowing blue bit and then jump over THAT, dad." "Oh yeah, I hadn't noticed!" "You just went past it again, dad." In summary, being asked by a non-gamer for help with the most obvious shite in a game.
  • Stridefizzel - March 21, 2011 6:09 p.m.

This article was hilarious, I had to stifle laughter at work to keep from drawing attention! Also, every one of these is oh so true. #1 is definitely the worst though... in fact I'm pretty sure my wife said the offending phrase to me just last night after I cursed violently at scorpion for kicking my sub-zero ass on expert in the mortal kombat demo
  • 510BrotherPanda - March 21, 2011 5:55 p.m.

I'm an equal-opportunity-winner, so #6 isn't too big a deal for me. I'm probably way better at accepting lose than my little sister. Is that Justin painting a landscape? That's pretty good. So is Nathan's fiance/Matthew's wife's butt.
  • BurntToShreds - March 21, 2011 5:52 p.m.

I hate hate HATE when somebody asks me to pause an online game. You think I can just pause this tank battle in Bad Company 2 so I can come in there and watch this "hilarious" car insurance commercial?
  • Asloveszuko - March 21, 2011 5:48 p.m.

The look on that little girls face made me laugh so hard I snorted! A+++ Top 7!!!! Will share with the husband, though he does wonderfully well with my game-induced tantrums, and has never said "It's only a game.".
  • J-spit - March 21, 2011 5:46 p.m.

If my sister can invest her interest in shitty reality T.V., nobody should be saying shit about MY hobbies. Wish they would say "it's just a game".
  • erbclub - March 21, 2011 5:32 p.m.

I must show this to my wife, im pretty sure she has done at least six of these to me at one time or another, some very often.
  • Dragoon785 - March 21, 2011 5:05 p.m.

I can definitely understand why talking while someone is playing a game can be a problem. You see, it's not so much the talking but what is actually being said. And it is normally in the form of a question. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've gotten stupid questions while playing. In a fighting game, it's normally "which one is you?" or in any game "who/what is that?". Or my favorite "Did you die?". Then there's the impressive 'I'm not a gamer' quote "So, what are you playing?". When is that question ever asked and the person actually cares? Especially if they don't play anything. Ignorant non question statements would include stating the obvious "Wow, you're getting your butt kicked" Really? I hadn't noticed. Thanks for allowing me to vent, I needed it.
  • jackthemenace - March 21, 2011 5:02 p.m.

Ah, I love Justin. And even more so, I love how the picture says "ANOTHER Justin rant about graphics". Classic.
  • cj12297 - March 21, 2011 4:58 p.m.

i hate when my dad not only walks in front of the tv but also turns it OFF!!!
  • protospasm - March 21, 2011 4:53 p.m.

I respond to #5 with #1. Nothing like a sore loser turning purple after you tell them it's just a game.
  • Cleanser247 - March 21, 2011 4:46 p.m.

Top Seven! Yeah!
  • AngryScotsman - March 21, 2011 4:45 p.m.

My biggest gaming pet peeve is two people having a conversation amongst themselves whilst I am playing a game, especially at a cutscene. Even worse is when they're on the phone, because it's very easy to just walk out of the room with a phone. EVEN WORSE is when my father walks into my the room wot my games are in whilst on the phone and tells me to turn my game down! Suddenly I'm inconsiderate!
  • Letter11 - March 21, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Hilarious article! I hate it when I used to get interrupted playing a game where I can't pause the in-game clock. I NEED to know exactly how long I've played this RPG Dammit! Thankfully, these day I can push the globe on my XBox,