• LordZarlon - March 22, 2011 12:01 a.m.

Here's one for ya! I got invited to my friends house to play some Playstation 2.(This was 6 years ago). He was married and rarely got a chance to game anymore. He specifically arranged with his wife to have the whole afternoon to game so she was going out. Her plans changed and she was home. About 20 minutes into our gaming session she starts watching with folded arms. She asks him, "What are you doing?" He responds, "Playing a game." She then says, "Playing a game?" This last statement was not so much a question as it was a statement. That statement was, "YOUR AFTERNOON OF GAMING IS OVER BECAUSE I'M SELFISH AND MY PLANS FELL THROUGH SO YOUR PLANS OF FUN ARE OVER!" So I guess I would have included controlling your spouse's life so much that they can't even enjoy their favorite hobby anymore to this list.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - March 21, 2011 11:59 p.m.

Moving controllers from their established homes. This has become a much bigger problem in the PS3/360 era of gaming, as there is most likely no cable to follow back to the controller.
  • Jackelsburg - March 21, 2011 11:58 p.m.

i'm usually a pretty tolerant person when it comes to some of these things. but having my dad shouting out "hey why don't you try doing that?" or "whats over there?" like a backseat driver really starts to bug me after a while.
  • sexyman500 - March 21, 2011 11:31 p.m.

mother fucking back seat...... i think i was playing fall out new vegas and i was trying to kill caeser (really hard guy to kill) i just kept on dying while my friend watching barking orders. I then said would you like to have a go then (most likely with more swears). The mother fucker does it in first shot. He then preceded to say "see that's all you had to do" i then preceded to tackle him and we had a ufc wrestle. Me losing rear naked choke. Fuck
  • mockraven - March 21, 2011 11:25 p.m.

I'm definitely guilty of #3, the conversation one, but my memory doesn't last 2 minutes, let alone a 4 to 6-hour gaming session. lol That said, as far as #2 goes, I'll wait patiently on one side (our apartment is small so the couch is against the wall and thus there's no optimum walking path) until my hubby says he's at a good screen-obscuring point in his game.
  • Thequestion 121 - March 21, 2011 11:20 p.m.

Another great Top 7 article and I agree with all of them.
  • waffman11 - March 21, 2011 11:06 p.m.

The one that I hate more than anything on here is the idea that you can stop whenever. No. I cannot just stop. This is the middle of an online match and I'm carrying my team, they need me. Or, this is an extremely difficult boss battle and the nearest save point is one mile backward, this bitch is going down, I'll eat my dinner later. This shit is important.
  • OneEyedGoon - March 21, 2011 10:47 p.m.

Best top 7 in a long time. I love the back seat gaming entry.
  • NWzero - March 21, 2011 10:29 p.m.

mabye i need anger management, but when somebody tells me its just a game when i get fired up, i want to punch them in the face them repeatedly stab them in the eye with a fork.
  • batman5273 - March 21, 2011 10:12 p.m.

My wife is a habitual violator of #3 & #2!
  • Smeggs - March 21, 2011 9:57 p.m.

I'm usually playing a game I can pause during the time of day that anybody would be passing my TV. As long as nothing super epic is going on in a cutscene and I can still hear it, and you aren't being a douche and standing in front of the TV on purpose, you're fine. But GOD HELP YOU if you make me miss the protagonists blowing up the enemy HQ/Ship/Whatever in a giant fiery pillar of awesome because for some reason you couldn't wait two Goddamned seconds longer to get past the TV. Understandable if you have to use the pisser so badly that another two seconds would've resulted in a puddle on the carpet. NOT UNDERSTANDABLE if your excuse is "I was taking my plate to the kitchen/throwing something away," that shit can WAIT A FEW SECONDS until INSERT NAME OF TARGET HERE has been dealt with. Also you better pray to whatever form of deity you worship if you make me miss the part of the story where they explain what the hell is actually going on (again, as long as nothing epic is happening and I can still hear it you're good). "It's just a game." YOU'RE just a game. Dismissing my enjoyment as some sort of less-than-important waste will make you the subject of my jibes until the next new moon rises over the corpses of your ancestors. What would all of the little psychotic girls do if you told them "Justin Beieber is just a cardboard cut-out money grab who everyone will forget about in the next three years?" It's the same as telling a die-hard wrestling fan "Wrestling is fake" (given, wrestling is pretty damned fake).
  • Misterscaryface - March 21, 2011 9:48 p.m.

I'd say my biggest complaint as a gamer would be when you play co-op and the other gamer refuses to CO-OPerate.
  • Jasman - March 21, 2011 9:27 p.m.

"..some know-it-all gamer gobshite farting words in our earholes like guffy bullets.." That line is positively Cundy-esque :P
  • Clovin64 - March 21, 2011 9:25 p.m.

Damn, I've suffered from all of these irritating attacks on my enjoyment. Especially that one about switching the TV channel to watch some shitty TV soap when I'm in the middle of a diamond-hard boss battle. Pah.
  • Markstone - March 21, 2011 9:09 p.m.

I try not to be a backseat gamer, but when a non-gamer is failing so bad it takes a lot of effort to try and not pester them with tips.
  • cricket0 - March 21, 2011 8:51 p.m.

Worst thing to do: being asked to go do something different in the middle of the most difficult part of a game. We gamers tend to be firm in our choice to game, so when we start a game, it stops when we say so. But then somebody happens to make a comment about how you, the gamer playing a game, should do something else, and they always seem to say it right when your giving the game all you got. 2 things are evident here. If we wanted to do something else, we clearly would have before we started, or we would have stopped playing before you asked. 2nd, we are trying to win, and you are halting us for no good reason besides that you dont get what all the blinkey lights mean. I was halfway through climbing the final boss in Shadow of the Colossus, after the hour and a half of just finding the thing, then the long trek to get to it, and then up it. Right then, my cousin comes over and says "we should go puddle jumping outside!". It was pouring rain, almost night time, and it was 10 degrees out, and she thought i wouldnt want to stay in the warm house, playing my favorite game at the part i had been working so hard to get to. This is the worst thing to do to a gamer, aside from forcing you to do something else, such as unplugging the system without warning.
  • Sensationo - March 21, 2011 8:49 p.m.

Hard to have conversations during ranked ssf4 matches, or pc TF2 fun time. Yet my wife still chooses to ask me questions during those times and I just stammer around with words until I able to focus. And it is not just a f*cking game.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 21, 2011 8:20 p.m.

This is, hands down, my favorite article I've read in a while. Not only is everything completely true. Every single one of these has happened to me, in pitch-perfect form that you just described. It was damn funny, too! I haven't actually laughed this hard in a while over an article, and damn, the exact replicas of what I've experienced were flawless and hysterical! I'm now relaying this article to everyone I can.
  • batmanboy11 - March 21, 2011 8:01 p.m.

Yep, this article is pretty spot on.
  • RedhawkAce - March 21, 2011 7:29 p.m.

I love this article it's so true and hilarious now that I actually look at it and see the little things that upset us gamers man we turn into monsters once that controllers in our hand.