We Recommend

• Romination - March 22, 2011 9:22 p.m.

I don't mind being talked to, actually. I actually don't know anyone who really gets bothered by that. Actually, everyone assumes I'm paying no attention to them, so I like to butt in and ave them confused.
  • NatDaGamer - March 22, 2011 3:41 p.m.

for me, 6,2 and 1 are the main ones i experience. i very nearly punched me sis for beating me at street fighter by button mashing. AARRGGHHHH!!!! this was a GREAT top 7 though, just printed off the line of site thing :P
  • philipshaw - March 22, 2011 11:52 a.m.

These all annoy me, great list
  • e1337prodigy - March 22, 2011 11:14 a.m.

Fantastic - you missed things like RROD and games for windows; I got bulletstorm at 11am and didn't get to play until 3pm (including install) and having to sign up to 3 different forums to get help. I'm sorry, but its just unacceptable; and then people wonder why pc gaming is dieing; we just want to play the game!! why change what ain't broken. Install a game (1hr wait max) + double click its new icon on your desktop (after 3mins of wondering what it is)+ playing the game and having lots of fun = 1hr 7mins (after 5mins of nVidia/Intel/Developers/software adverts)... Actually that should be another thing on the list. Some of us gamers only have so much time in a day after working to get money to buy games. We don't want to spend 5mins per game knowing what is best for the game (if the developers were any good they would make the game to run great on an average persons pc; if you haven't got an average pc then you need to work harder in life). say you play a game a day 5mins a day X 365 = thats just over 30hours of gaming time. we could have completed homefront 6 times in that.
  • m1bayluv41510 - March 22, 2011 11:06 a.m.

Also non gaming back seat drivers that snicker snidely when they see you lose pisses me off a bit, or exclaim "damn you got killed!". got a few people like that in my life, but i have limited interactions with them thankfully..
  • m1bayluv41510 - March 22, 2011 10:57 a.m.

I don't like to be handed a bong or beer while playing games, especially if im at that dreaded battle thats before a checkpoint but waay after the last save or in the middle of a racing game. Also, people trying to have important conversations when I'm gaming really pisses me off. If i barked at you for merely offering me food and water during the last 45 minute battle why would you choose NOW as the time to tell me what happend during your day?..
  • yonderTheGreat - March 22, 2011 9:50 a.m.

"they’re doing is like hiring a Michelin starred chef and making him cook £1 value bag burgers (50 of the buggers for a quid, and you can taste the cartilage in every bite!) on a clapped-out barbeque in the rain" Can someone translate por favor?
  • jmcgrotty - March 22, 2011 7:43 a.m.

The worst thing you can do to a gamer is tell them Aeris dies.
  • thebigtarget1 - March 22, 2011 7:04 a.m.

#3...I CANT WAIT TO MOVE OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE
  • Midgetman377 - March 22, 2011 6:14 a.m.

I would have to say that turning the game off on us is the worst. Even more so when its saving or loading, causing our saved data to be corrupted. I was almost finished with Army of Two: 40th Day when my sister kicked the power cord and turned the console off. I had to start the entire game over. btw, on the last pic, Justin Bieber should be higher up on that list
  • jayajaya415 - March 22, 2011 3:57 a.m.

Me: *Mad a game* Person: "It is just a game" *Crack* Me: It was just your arm!!!!1!
  • fartinapot - March 22, 2011 3:41 a.m.

I HATE IT WHEN MY MOM WALKS IN FRONT OF THE T.V
  • slowdrum13 - March 22, 2011 3:39 a.m.

yes, how dare you try and have human interactions with me!? talking to me while i'm sitting in front of the tv, oh the humanity!!!! i'm playing a toy dammit! SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!
  • BLOODmuffins - March 22, 2011 2:36 a.m.

I have reacted in the exact same way you described to several of these situations...great list!
  • NightCrawler_358 - March 22, 2011 2:33 a.m.

Awesome article! These makeme so mad. When I have company over that I don't want there and they walk in front and then spin around to look at the room etc. and they say coming through or "oops" after they've already distracted you!! Also, I couldn't care less about losing in sports, but losing in a game yanks me the wrong way.
  • Negrobot3000 - March 22, 2011 2:17 a.m.

Great list but i think the worst thing is when you unplug the system. So many saves,so many upgreads, so many hi-scores lost due to someone wanting the plug in the damn heater.
  • gopikmin - March 22, 2011 1:35 a.m.

another bad thing you can do to a gamer is force them to leave in the middle of a good match.
  • RebornKusabi - March 22, 2011 12:38 a.m.

I thankfully grew up in a family full of gamers (My grandmother, sister and mother played video games... I'm 24 by the way lol) so only 1 of these has happened to me before, the "walking in front of the screen" entry. My mother and grandmother learned in the Playstation 1/N64/Dreamcast era that video games were trying to "attempt" to have a sincere storyline and interrupting me was as bad as me interrupting them while they watched "their TV shows". That said... I have friends whose families are not as forward thinking, or even intelligent enough, to realize that saying shit like "Jeez, it's just a game" does more than calm you down. Ironically, most of them have parents who have the same over-the-top outrage at f*cking American Idol results or American Football games that go sour. It's called Double Standards, and it's fun for the whole family!!!
  • Spybreak8 - March 22, 2011 12:30 a.m.

Line of Sight Picture is Epic Win! haha Thankfully family members were smart with the Kinect since they knew it sees you so they didn't want to block me with that but regular games it doesn't matter right!?
  • somthing42 - March 22, 2011 12:25 a.m.

That "it''s just a game" shit drives me up the wall.