Topics

Top 7

• RebornKusabi - April 19, 2010 7:48 p.m.

I love Top 7's that are somewhat "subjective". Me, personally? I found RE 4 and what it brought to the series to be a Yes to your opening picture/graph. I honestly REALLY loved RE 4 (I have owned or played literally every release that they have done on each console) and especially RE 5 (I played it all the way through, co-op, on the 360 and currently own the "Gold Edition" of RE 5)... However, what those brought to the series was completely opposite of what the series was already established as being about with the previous games (...huh, that sounds alot like the complaint here about open-world gameplay and walking being added to the Tony Hawk series). To look at it from my perspective, the constant action and gunplay of the sequels are my personal "Why did they add open-world to Tony Hawk!!!" of the RE series. I still love the series, and find that it can still redeem itself, but honestly it isn't reflective of the George Romero continuity that the first 3 games, and Code: Veronica, established; They now completely resemble the movies that were made based on the series. Except without "Mary Sue" Alice...
  • peace4me - April 19, 2010 7:11 p.m.

I disagree with dixie! I am offended tyler wilde!
  • Elementskater - April 19, 2010 7 p.m.

thats why i will never buy another sports game, the next year they will be releasing an "upgraded" version... now that UFC 2010 is comin out, i feel like the 60 bucks i dropped on UFC 09 is wasted... utterly disappointing aspect
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - April 19, 2010 6:46 p.m.

They got me with Madden 08 aswell, how was I to know that they planned to keep it annual. Clearly Madden 10 is the one that will remain unrivalled for all time.
  • ventanger - April 19, 2010 6:30 p.m.

Yea those consistent annual releases just SNEAK UP ON YOU
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - April 19, 2010 6:25 p.m.

At least Madden 10 is the best one, now I can buy that and not have to worry about the other ones. I feel like I wasted my money on Madden 09 though, if I knew they were going to come out with a better one the following year I would've just waited.
  • raygillies - April 19, 2010 6:24 p.m.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is also acceptable because the first game wasn't just called Uncharted, that sounds too plain.
  • Ensoul - April 19, 2010 6:11 p.m.

I'm assuming by dumb you mean "as an addition", even then though I don't see your angle. She's not a brilliant character design by any means but she filled the role of side kick in the sequel; a role that was established from the prior game and even had her own play mechanic to add to the mix. If you want to stick to Donkey Kong, DK64 had 4 times the side kicks with "dumb" designs Course I kinda liked that one too. :-/
  • sleepy92ismypsn - April 19, 2010 6:03 p.m.

you forgot switching to another developer. oh crash why did you have to go?
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 19, 2010 5:52 p.m.

Also, Dixie was defended to me a couple times, but I still maintain that she's dumb. Not as bad as Kiddy Kong, but the start of something bad.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 19, 2010 5:51 p.m.

Cheers, we caught those a little too late but they are fixed. This is what lack of sleep does.
  • Spacegrass - April 19, 2010 5:50 p.m.

Open-world sequels aren't always bad, it worked quite well for Red Faction: Guerrilla. As for Dixie, well, at least she wasn't as bad as Kiddy Kong from DKC 3.
  • Gamesarerad - April 19, 2010 5:42 p.m.

awesine top 7 by tyler wilde childe
  • OnyxOblivion - April 19, 2010 5:41 p.m.

I don't know. Midnight Club actually benefited from the open world. Here's a checkpoint. Get there however the fuck you want.
  • Gamesarerad - April 19, 2010 5:38 p.m.

first top 7 awesome!!!
  • Hexar - April 19, 2010 5:35 p.m.

Yes I'll second ChrisMacDee's comment(s) that I think you meant MGS2 and not 4 in which you played as Raiden most of the game. An otherwise good article.
  • Ensoul - April 19, 2010 5:33 p.m.

Dixie? Really? I'm with you on the whole Side kicks thing, Sonics a great example; but Dixie wasn't that bad. She just filled the "helicopter-float-character" spot. Maybe I'm just seeing this through DKC 2 fanboy rose coloured glasses though.
  • ChrisMacDee - April 19, 2010 5:16 p.m.

whoops lol typo and a second post, dammit!
  • ChrisMacDee - April 19, 2010 5:15 p.m.

Take it you meant Metal Gear Solid 4 in no4 :P Otherwise good article
  • Snapp3r - April 19, 2010 5:09 p.m.

Sorry, but I have to correct you on one count: NFS has had free-roam for ages, so of course Carbon was going to have it! Other than that though, nice article :)