Topics

Top 7

• OnyxOblivion - May 24, 2010 1:34 p.m.

I hate Mariokart...All the damn games are exactly the game. Not just Double Dash. All of 'em.
  • tdarlistner100 - May 24, 2010 1:20 p.m.

This a very nice "Top 7" and one that surely needed to be written eventually. My only gripe with this list of sequels that fell short of their expectations is that "Kill Zone 2" was not present on this list. I was able to play about 5 minutes of the game before the shooting mechanics got to m. Perhaps it is my own personal gripe with "Kill Zone 2" but I think it would have been a worthy addition to the list.
  • lozarian - May 24, 2010 1:01 p.m.

Pedantry: no-one remembers that Considerably fewer options. anyway. I agree, IV was severely disappointing, I've owned II,III and IV, and whilst imo III was a definite step up from II, IV added absolutely nothing. Though I would have thought that every single madden/fifa/champ manager game ever made deserved a mention.
  • reverandglass - May 24, 2010 12:53 p.m.

I gotta take issue with resistance 2 being on the list. Compared to the first game everything was improved except, one could argue, the shooting. Fans of the first game aren't going to mind that though and it's a bit like saying burnout it no good because it doesn't handle like forza! Other than that I lol'd at dynasty warriors, well done.
  • TURbo - May 24, 2010 12:24 p.m.

It's simple if the demand is inelastic, drill that shit, and keep pumping out sequels.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - May 24, 2010 12:20 p.m.

Ahh.. Here we have the paradox known as the "sequel dilemma". Keep things the same... People will say BOO-RING! Totally change things up... People might hate it! "Improve" the gameplay? You might lose half toyr fanbase! So, where would you go as a game developer?
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - May 24, 2010 12:16 p.m.

ahh RE5 improved on on-line co-op, that's something i guess