Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• JayBeat - May 10, 2011 2:37 a.m.

As a youngen, I missed out on all of these :( I wish I could have been there for you Panzer Dragoon I really do.
  • FalconMbuster - May 10, 2011 2:24 a.m.

We don't need another Kid Chameleon. I'm sorry, but no. Jet Set Radio, fuck yes. Kid Chameleon, hell no.
  • Pytor - May 10, 2011 2:10 a.m.

Great list and great article. Props for Shining Force and JSR! As for the ones that didn't make the cut, Ecco needs a rebirth and Toy Commander is still one of my fav games for the DC! It really made me feel like a kid again playing it! One more, Golden Axe baby! I really don't know how this can be done though. SEGA in its current form, without Suzuki, without Naka, without so many of the great devs who made SEGA the force it was in the arcades and at home in the 90's, really has no identity right now! They're drifting along, putting out the occasional good game. I still stand by my belief that after the DC and after the Sammy buyout, SEGA is a shell of it's former greatness, and that still pains me to this day :(
  • jpbr139 - May 10, 2011 2:09 a.m.

WHAT?! No Skies of Arcadia, it's like the best RPG ever!!! (at least for me)
  • Kapwan - May 10, 2011 2:08 a.m.

I'll add to the list of people asking where is Shenmue, but I understand why it was left off. I'd add the missing gem Skies of Arcadia to this list as well as a good version of Nights, not the childhood memory defiler that came out on the Wii.
  • meh - May 10, 2011 1:55 a.m.

Great Article, I really wish you guys would tell us who wrote it. It says GR US so I guess more than one person had their hand in it.
  • Yeager1122 - May 10, 2011 1:41 a.m.

Only played Panzer dragoon and would defintley play it agin today in some HD.
  • Larinah - May 10, 2011 1:30 a.m.

I loved Jet Set Radio Future(was probably one of the only people that played the multiplayer with friends, which by the way was a blast.) Needless to say, I'd love to see it come back.
  • LordZarlon - May 10, 2011 1:28 a.m.

Phantasy Star 2 was my first RPG, of any kind, and still one of my favorites. It was it's sci-fi setting that captivated me as well as the characters. Why didn't we ever get a new one. A REAL new one. Not some mmo. Could you imagine Phantasy Star 5 coming out on Saturn as direct competition to Final Fantasy 7. If Sega did it right we might be seeing Phantasy Stars still coming out alongside new Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior entries today.
  • SirNinja - May 10, 2011 1:25 a.m.

I've never understood why the Panzer Dragoon series didn't sell well. People: it's about a dragon that shoots HOMING LASER BEAMS. And you ride it while mowing things down with a magical SMG that never runs out of bullets or needs to be reloaded. It doesn't get more awesome than that, folks. Wait - actually, it does. The music is evocative, energetic, and just plain spectacular; it's got a beautiful art style unlike virtually anything else; it has characters you not only care about but care FOR (including and especially the dragon itself), and it's all wrapped up in a genuinely great story. If you have an Xbox/360, go find and buy a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta. It's back-compatible with the 360 and looks absolutely incredible, even today. (IMO, Orta was *the* best-looking game on the original Xbox, and it upscales very well on the 360.)
  • SausageLozenge - May 10, 2011 1:06 a.m.

CHU CHU ROCKET!
  • dcbernman - May 10, 2011 1:04 a.m.

They've got two of the greatest JRPGs of all time in their lineup of yesteryear. Skies of Arcadia and a Grandia game reminiscent of the first in the series? Hell even just remakes of the two would be amazing, let alone a continuation of the series. Imagine taking a pimped out Delphinus for a ride on a current gen console, and then firing all guns in to the fray of an epic, steampunk air battle. Sega has no soul if it continues to neglect these two amazing games.
  • TrAnMu - May 10, 2011 1 a.m.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
  • Memph - May 10, 2011 1 a.m.

Powerstone was Squeenix. Gunstar was Treasure. Kinda like asking Nintendo for another Resi game. Though GH did get a Playstation spin-off called Rapid Reload/Gunners Heaven by another dev. Worth booting up ePSXe for :) For Streets of Rage seek out SoR Remake v5 (on PC - the one that Sega bastardly stamped on upon release after 8 years, but it's of course still available in many a place and simply MUST be played by fans of the franchise. I'd love a Sega Rally / Daytona mixup released in spanky graphical whizzbangovision. Would be awsome online, quick arcade races with none of that grinding awsome pimped cars in single player to dominate crap. ROLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!
  • MrPuft - May 10, 2011 12:52 a.m.

Nice to see not everyone has forgot about the Jet Set Series
  • BoondockSaint54 - May 10, 2011 12:28 a.m.

Fun article. I would be a little afraid if Sega did decide to bring some of these series back. I can see a Toejam and Earl remake being something like Dead Rising where you fight the psychos, be it Santa Claus, the Boogeyman, etc, at the end. Doesn't really feel right.
  • TheMonarch - May 10, 2011 12:24 a.m.

I would totally dig a new Toe Jam and Earl. Sega count me in!
  • garnsr - May 10, 2011 12:21 a.m.

I tried Burning Rangers again a year or so ago, and it made me motion sick. It's a tough game to play. Panzer Dragoon used to do that too, I don't know if it's just Saturn's polygons or what. It'd be great to try these out in smooth form, though. Especially Panzer Saga.
  • SirCheesedip - May 10, 2011 12:16 a.m.

BRING BACK TOEJAM AND EARL! I played TJ&E on Genesis all the time! Sadly I played the Xbox one.... If they ever remake TJ&E, they should call it the third game, kind of what I hope they do to Banjo-Kazooie...
  • BattleReachRising - May 10, 2011 12:14 a.m.

I want Sonic the Hedgehog back. The good one, not a princess kissing werehog.