Topics

Top 7

• homiegfunk03 - May 10, 2011 4:31 p.m.

POWERSTONE!!!
  • Lemurian - May 10, 2011 3:41 p.m.

the first JET SET RADIO IS MY FAVE GAME OF ALL TIME i have 4 copies of that game and i still play it occasionally after 10 years of having it i have played every zelda every mario both mass effects and finished okami cause thats how i roll and STILL nothing compares to jet set radio for me i dont know why either, its obviously due to nostalgia to an extent but god i love that game and always will
  • philipshaw - May 10, 2011 1:59 p.m.

This top 7 is awesome and I could never understand why Sega never put out another JSR after the GBA one. When they announced the dreamcast collection I was thinking we would at least get a HD remake but no we get a poorly aged sonic game and a game that has no point without the fishing rod controller
  • HitmanSB07 - May 10, 2011 1:22 p.m.

Agree with all except the first page(because I haven't played those), I really want another Phantasy Star...It could be the consoles answer to pokemon :P
  • Brett35 - May 10, 2011 11:56 a.m.

I would love a new powerstone
  • knightnettie - May 10, 2011 11:24 a.m.

No Skies of Arcadia or Shenmue...?
  • jmcgrotty - May 10, 2011 10:46 a.m.

You might want to edit part of your list. In regards to Jet Set/Grind Radio, you weren't too clear that you were joking. Surely some people will think your mentioning of the games is a testament to the games being good, and you shouldn't let that idea gain any traction with anyone. So, as I said,it does seem like an edit is needed: either editing the copy to show you are loking about Jet Set/Grind, or taking them out altogether.
  • Zixor - May 10, 2011 8:49 a.m.

You guys totally forgot about Sonic the Hedgehog. Oh, sorry, I misread the tittle as "Top 7 Sega Series That Won't Stop R***ing Our Childhood". Sorry.
  • ichigoame - May 10, 2011 8:06 a.m.

I'd like to get a polished version on jet set on PSN..because of the internet thriving more than it did ten years ago, I think it can be marketed to niche very easily
  • Ariaka - May 10, 2011 7:46 a.m.

I love Shining Force. They made a strat-RPG Shining game recently, for the DS apparently, but as always, Japanese only release. Made me tear up a little inside, in frustration and in sadness. Make me cry seeing Kid Chameleon and I'd say Golden Axe, proper. Not the new one with Tyra (admittedly, a hottie, but not a real good game), I want my fantasy beat-em-up and gnome-whacking back. And Phantasy Star... lovely, just lovely. It was one of the best RPGs I've ever played, the original one was so balanced so well. It was really fun, and I miss it. Lastly, Chuchu Rocket. Yeah, it's getting reincarnated on every platform they can now, but I'd rather a new, fresher experience. Same with Billy Hatcher... why have you let yourself go, SEGA?
  • moan4stalone - May 10, 2011 7:42 a.m.

Virtua cop 2
  • garfunkling - May 10, 2011 6:29 a.m.

Can't argue with several of these entries, Nice list. As much as I enjoyed panzer dragoon I feel that another jet set would ultimately lead to a better game.Orta was good but was too rail based in my opinion. I think if there was another jet set radio they could work out a better trick system (possibly tony hawk inspired) plus employ more multi player aspects which would add tremendously.
  • kingsmikefan - May 10, 2011 6:07 a.m.

I remember by big sister and I played streets of rage and she turned on me in the last mission. I was like "whyyyyyyyyy?" I also watched her play Ecco, thinking back then it was weird as fuck
  • Dameon Angell - May 10, 2011 5:20 a.m.

I totally agree with a few of the commentators before me. An HD re-up of Power Stone for XBLA or PSN would bring fighting to a more casual audience and those who miss 4-player same console gameplay.
  • AlpineGuy - May 10, 2011 4:50 a.m.

I wouldn't mind another Jet Set Radio game. I think cel shading graphics have come a long way since the original Xbox. It could be GORGEOUS.
  • Syncmaster - May 10, 2011 3:30 a.m.

BREATH OF FIREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Darkhawk - May 10, 2011 3:27 a.m.

There IS a new Panzer Dragoon (rails shooter). I'm surprised you didn't think to mention it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLr92mGuwnM&feature=related for Kinect!
  • FaIconPaunch - May 10, 2011 3:21 a.m.

Great Top 7. I missed out on most of those, but they all seem like they'd be worth revisiting, especially Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon. I gots a feeling that Talkradar will be chock full of nostalgiac ramblings. Just the way I like it.
  • shawksta - May 10, 2011 3:01 a.m.

Hell yeah to Jet set radio and Panzer Dragoon! I agree with bobob, a 3ds Remake would be awesome! Sega should just go with Nintendo's steps and just make a new toejam and earl in its awesome cartoonish fashion, Just like Galaxy 2 and DKCR, Sega can nail it if they tried really hard to keep it the same!
  • thombilous - May 10, 2011 2:43 a.m.

Thank you for the love for the Shining Force series. Signed up just to say thank you. I'd love a return to the old school format (especially if it was like SF2).