Topics

Top 7

• whiteknight1981 - May 31, 2010 3:19 p.m.

How can Mikel possibly top this? He just WikiParezed all of history! *Insert Brett remix of Current Affair noise here*
  • JNewman - May 31, 2010 2:50 p.m.

My favorite type of article, the type that mixes historical accuracy and women tied to cacti. Although Mikel, I feel Adolph Hitler's giant battle mech at the end of Wolfenstein 3D may have painted the dictator in a negative light. That thing didn't look eco-friendly.
  • ThatsWhatSheSaid - May 31, 2010 2:42 p.m.

that was a gift read, alotta effort put into that i bet ya, cheers. oh and any mention of Onimusha is fine by me!
  • AnonymousZombie - May 31, 2010 2:12 p.m.

Damn near everything Edison got credit for he stole or bought from someone else.
  • KnightDehumidifier - May 31, 2010 1:53 p.m.

Don't forget Nikola Tesla, who I guess for some reason disappeared from the planet to an alternate universe to give Nolan North a jet pack.
  • Robusken - May 31, 2010 1:40 p.m.

Mikel be my history teacher!
  • theemporer - May 31, 2010 1:11 p.m.

Thomas Edison did not invent the light bulb.
  • Unoriginal - May 31, 2010 12:44 p.m.

If you would feel like Coping out you could have pretty much put 90% of AC at Nr.1. Good read and I am enjoying the early top sevens lately
  • Mexicutioner - May 31, 2010 11:49 a.m.

Man, Onimusha sure as hell brainwashed me into thinking Oda Nobunaga was freaking evil. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sweet top 7.
  • HawtKakez - May 31, 2010 11:36 a.m.

Wow, educational and entertaining. That's not good. I want more swearing and irrelevancy.
  • Clovin64 - May 31, 2010 11:17 a.m.

I hate to sound like a whiny little bitch, but EA should bow their heads in shame (at least) for slandering one of the worlds greatest poets and crapping all over a literary masterpiece. Seriously, I was so pissed when I first heard the game was coming out. It wasnt even any good to boot. I almost cried when I heard that a Paradise Lost movie is in the works. Seriously, action junkie game/movie producers should just leave poetry alone. Once again I have to apologize for being a whiny little bitch.
  • Felixthecat - May 31, 2010 11:09 a.m.

I wuv mah History, and the best portrayal I have seen in a game of any person who lived a long time ago is Leonardo da Vinci in ACII. Games are like Movies I guess, they need to bend the truth considerably in order to make any form of historical person or event interesting to the masses. I mean, no one wants to see Dian Wei as the noble bodyguard to Cao Cao who wielded twin Halberds and killed a shit load of people to protect Cao Cao, they want to see him as a hulking, steroid filled monster who swings a spiked wrecking ball around, which is precisely how he is presented in Dynasty Warriors 6.
  • Tenfey - May 31, 2010 11:01 a.m.

I'm skeptical.
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - May 31, 2010 10:57 a.m.

>Oda Nobunaga I love playing as that guy!
  • mgkyo666 - May 31, 2010 10:53 a.m.

Well, I'm up at almost 4am because a tooth ache woke me up and forced me to floss through braces(which isn't easy.). I'm guessing that was God's way of saying "Psst, wake up! The top 7 is up, and Mikel wrote it so go read!!!". I gotta say, reading this top 7 at such an early time was well worth it and I can't wait to listen to you guys discuss it on Friday! Now if you would so kindly excuse me, I must return to sleep.
  • TomMishkin - May 31, 2010 10:42 a.m.

You should have read the articles that came out here in Italy after ACII and Dante's Inferno. ACADEMIC NERD RAGE! It's kind of our soft spot, our history and culture; guess it's because we have nothing to be proud of nowadays.
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 31, 2010 10:29 a.m.

A couple quick additions: Thomas Edison was also portrayed (accurately) in Where In Time Is Carmen San Diego. Just figured I'd put that out. If this were a Top 8 list, you could have fit Nicola Tesla in there, the mastermind behind the cool shit in Dark Void. Finally, fuck EA for their muscle-fucking of the literary works of Dante Alighieri. When I saw the game announced at the 2008(?) VGA's, I was so fucking psyched. Upon learning that Dante himself was the main character, I lost all hope in the game and in EA's decision to exploit public domain material. I'm sure the Jack the Ripper game will be excellent, though.
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 31, 2010 10:20 a.m.

The contrast between the entries and General Custer is hilarious, both in terms of graphics and concept. Only at Gamesradar, folks!
  • bluscorp - May 31, 2010 10:08 a.m.

A very good read Mikel, I like reading up on history. But some games do take it to extreme. That's the bit that make playing Assassin's Creed a little uncomfortable, when they question God. But it's only a game so i try and not take it too seriously.
  • VoodooPanda - May 31, 2010 10:01 a.m.

@Onepersonwithnoopinion Someone that cares about their night owl demographic