Topics

Top 7

• SausageLozenge - June 1, 2010 10:51 a.m.

Can't wait to hear about this on Tdar
  • shyfonzie - June 1, 2010 5:10 a.m.

Wow, Dante's Inferno is an even shiddier God of War rip-off than I thought!
  • Dvsshark - June 1, 2010 5:06 a.m.

Man, Ford and Edison were douches.
  • justinbanda - June 1, 2010 4:34 a.m.

Great read, as usual. Two things, though. Since half the characters on this list were in ACII, you may as well have added Dante to it as well. In ACII, Ezio finds one of his great-grandfather's letters scattered throughout one of the Assassin tombs. In it, Dante is described as a ruthless Assassin set to take Ezio's great-grandaddy to France (I think), but as the letter goes, he was murdered before they departed. Anyways, yeah. Oh, and I second the Leo Da Vinci comment. ACII made him totally gay :P Not that that's a bad thing, but he probably should have been on this list.
  • notallgoodnameswheretaken - June 1, 2010 2:57 a.m.

@theemperor You must be an idiot, Thomas Edison was most famous for inventing the lightbulb.
  • michaelmcc827 - June 1, 2010 1:37 a.m.

I see you didn't have the heart to make another Hitler article...I see how it is. Great read though. Didn't expect anything to be posted today.
  • tdarlistner100 - June 1, 2010 12:43 a.m.

Hm, weird thing is that the picture of Girolamo Savanorola engulfed in flames is in my theology textbook and there is not a single direct mention of him in the text.
  • IveGotNewSocks - June 1, 2010 12:34 a.m.

you forgot to mention that Capcom protrayed Dante as a white haired half demon with dual pistols and a giant sword.
  • WoodyWoodrowAndThePanfluteOfDestiny - June 1, 2010 12:17 a.m.

Mike +1. As a fellow history dork I applaud you.
  • WickedSid - May 31, 2010 10:49 p.m.

I still wonder what would have happened if Tesla had won the War of The Currents, although, you could argue that he did, we'd probably have Jet-packs, and Plasma Weaponry by now. Damn you, Edison!
  • Jacko415 - May 31, 2010 10:12 p.m.

i love the ACII fiction. i find it interesting
  • garfunkling - May 31, 2010 9:45 p.m.

Good top seven. Its still crazy that they electrocuted the elephant. Reminds me of the town that hung one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_(elephant)
  • DeadGirls - May 31, 2010 9:32 p.m.

Seriously-- Thomas Edison was a total asshole IRL.
  • axemahn - May 31, 2010 7:42 p.m.

should i feel stupid that i didnt recognize over half these people?
  • garnsr - May 31, 2010 6:35 p.m.

I would've given Nobunaga #1. The others are more obscure than he is, I think. He's certainly the most defamed game character I can think of, having played several games with him. I don't remember Edison in AC2, though I went through all puzzles.
  • CatrParrot - May 31, 2010 5:56 p.m.

This is yet another reason I love GamesRadar; how many other game sites write articles that are both educational AND entertaining?
  • AFTERLIFEJOSH - May 31, 2010 5:25 p.m.

Learned my history for today.
  • LaffPiranha - May 31, 2010 4:52 p.m.

Fantastic article, Mikel - humorous and insightful! In regards to Dante Alighieri, I find it particularly interesting that Florence apparently has five city council who are against revoking the sentence of a 700-year-old dead guy.
  • ventanger - May 31, 2010 4:15 p.m.

Wow, I knew Assassins Creed would be in this list a buncha times, seeing as it's basically the Da Vinchi Code: The Game, but I had no idea to which extent Japanese culture turned historical figures they didn't like into demonic myths... it's kinda creepy actually.
  • Pytor - May 31, 2010 3:50 p.m.

Great read Mikel! Very informative!