Topics

Top 7

• mothbanquet - November 2, 2013 5:19 a.m.

'You French prick'... Still makes me chuckle to this day.
  • Forsvaine - September 18, 2011 8:33 p.m.

Honestly, I can kind of see why Ford was demonized, because he was an anti-semite, right? As for Edison, I think it's only speculated.
  • Jamahl - March 19, 2011 3:33 a.m.

Looking back at this, why was Jesus from AC2 not on this list? It basically says that he wore a peice of eden called the Shroud of Turin (as you may know from real life) and hypnotized his followers, and only when the templars took it from him was he killed.
  • psycho ninja 4 - September 16, 2011 7:16 p.m.

Wait, Jesus was in the game? O_o
  • FFSamurai - August 20, 2010 6:31 a.m.

Even though this has been commented on already I can't help but ask. Really, that's the version of Dante your going with? Not doing the whole "Super Metrosexual Trigger Happy Japanese" mercenary one instead? And then there's Virgil, the "Super Metrosexual, slash-happy Japanese" guy who represents the greek philosophy and guide to Dante in the divine comedy? These two are seriously less deserving of a spot than the "Master Chief"-i-fied version from a B-rated action slasher on your list? Aside from this, very nice list, especially of Nobunaga.
  • fattoler - August 19, 2010 12:13 a.m.

Thomas Edison did not invent the lightbulb
  • RacoonHail - June 7, 2010 9:54 p.m.

The history stuff is very well done. With all the mentions of people defamed by Assassin's Creed II (Spoiler's) I am surprised that there is no mention of Machiavelli being one of the good guys! I personally laughed my ass off when he first appeared as a member of the good guys. Read The Prince, and unless he is being sarcastic (which is actually possible) he is one bad dude.
  • SenatorPepper - June 7, 2010 2:37 p.m.

This is a truly incredible piece of games journalology, and a perfect example of the sort of content GamesRadar offers that you can't find on those OTHER gaming website. Maybe it's just because I'm a history buff myself, but this article, for me, was a total RadarGasm. And happy belated birthday.
  • Darkwun - June 7, 2010 11:11 a.m.

I love the fact Yasuke gets a mention, as I'm currently writing a book on him :D
  • Zeb364 - June 6, 2010 8:51 p.m.

Great top seven. I like the touch of serious intelligent discussion, it provides a refreashing change of pace. A little variety never hurt anyone. The General Custer one was hilarious though. Never have to worry about the Gamesradar crew taking themselves too seriously.
  • BrushieTundra - June 4, 2010 4:31 a.m.

Great article. I love history!
  • JohnnyBarnstorm - June 4, 2010 12:40 a.m.

Oh man! Don't forget the Indian wrestler The Great Gama! He was immortalized in Shadow Hearts Covenant as a... uh... man who loved the company of other men. And to finish Joachim's side quest, you must... er... take him.
  • NightCrawler_358 - June 3, 2010 12:08 p.m.

Dante wrote a stern poem? THE FIEND!
  • JenosIdanian - June 3, 2010 10:05 a.m.

Wow, being burned while being hanged is not a pleasent way to go.
  • jhayen - June 2, 2010 11 p.m.

For the people calling theemperor an idiot: Read your damn history, he didn', create the light bulb, the bulb was created long before. He just synthesized the first lasting filament. And AC is just incorporating the "what if" that has made so many religions before possible. Stop saying it's exetreme, it's fiction, like almost every other game out there.
  • Shrimpandwhitewine - June 2, 2010 7:03 a.m.

I loved this top 7, I am quite fond of games and history. Great work Mikel.
  • InFeRnOg - June 1, 2010 4:25 p.m.

What about Gregori Efivomich Rasputin? Does Shadow Hearts: Covenant, ring any bells? Or how about the film Hellboy?
  • JaptainAmerica - June 1, 2010 3:29 p.m.

I've been Japanawikiparazed. Great stuff.
  • philipshaw - June 1, 2010 11:08 a.m.

This was a very informative article