Topics

Top 7

• PoseidonThc - May 5, 2009 10:49 a.m.

I think deciding the fate of the Rachni in Mass Effect was one of the hardest decisions I've made in a game. I weighed that one out forever.
  • cookie23q - May 5, 2009 6:27 a.m.

i luved nukin 1 of the planets in mass effect that waz aaawwwwwsssoommmmeee and also destroyin the alien race of bugs
  • TonyBlue05 - May 5, 2009 6:16 a.m.

I would add "The Granstream Saga" to this list. It was an obscure PS1 action/rpg with a strong linear storyline. You travel through the game with two female companions, and then, right before the final boss, you are stripped of your powers. It is only at that moment that you are told you can only defeat true evil with the sacrifice of the spirit of someone who loves you. Then you find out that BOTH of you companions have fallen in love with you, and you now have to pick which one dies for the better good. No matter which you choose, the ending is bittersweet, and completely gut-wrenching. I spent about 20 minutes in stunned silence trying to pick for the first time.
  • FlyinMX - May 5, 2009 4:37 a.m.

I don't know why, but I have trouble being evil in games. Even if it means I don't get to nuke a whole f*ckin city. Bioshock was an exception because I felt the extra Adam would be helpful for a first go at the game. I'll eventually try it without harvesting them. I'd add Dragon Quest 5 to the list. You can choose to marry the daughter of a wealthy man you barely know, or you can marry your childhood friend instead. Considering you have to make the choice in front of them both, it's definitely a tough situation to be in. I actually spent about 15 minutes thinking it through. Also I never pick anything other than the blue water pokemon as my starter. It's always been that way for me. Totodile for the MF'ing win baby.
  • TrIp13G - May 5, 2009 3:23 a.m.

Saved Megaton, killed Playboy and Francis.
  • gmilf71 - May 5, 2009 2:17 a.m.

no darkwatch? choosing whether to save the poor souls or suck their blood and harvest their life force. It's such a difference, that it even detemines the last boss battle. I kinda felt guilty fighting cassidy as a last boss. It's actually a lot like bioshock.
  • SneakyAgent - May 5, 2009 1:58 a.m.

even though you dont really have a choice,i think reviving elika in prince of persia next gen really gets you thinking. I practically fell in love with elika and didnt care bout the dark god coming back a SECOND time but still.
  • mrsnowywaffle - May 5, 2009 1:43 a.m.

Fable 2, they freaking PUNISH you for being good. Lose experience in the spire, lose your youth in the tomb, lose your dog at the end of the game to save some joes who died. And yet, I still was good. Oops...spoilers
  • elilupe - May 5, 2009 1:41 a.m.

When i played Splinter Cell:Double Agent, I couldnt believe when they asked you to *SPOILERS*kill Lambert, i sat there for so long with the game paused because i have played all the other Splinter Cell games and hes cool character. I decided to kill the terrorist guy in the room instead.
  • ssj4raditz - May 5, 2009 1:34 a.m.

That picture of Carolyn is adorable!
  • RebornKusabi - May 5, 2009 1:23 a.m.

Huh... I noticed at the end of article that you have the box art for inFAMOUS... Have you guys played that by now?
  • super-saint - May 5, 2009 1:21 a.m.

umm... you forgot the end of gta iv were either you ether *spolier!* or *spolier!* and then either *spoiler!* or *spoiler!* *spoliers!*
  • theschwartzb - May 5, 2009 1:08 a.m.

Also, @ Carolyn, im just going to assume that most of thed commenters here are guys (including myself), so, not to make it seem like a bad thing, but if two girls are taking a bath, i really dont think a guy is going to be paying much attention to the bath salts, sorry, just saying the truth.
  • GamesRadarCarolynGudmundson - May 5, 2009 12:40 a.m.

To people commenting about the official Ar tonelico II art, the bath/shower/towel theme isn't just some random sexy image - in the game those characters can take a bath to gain stat boosts. It's really cute. You put little bath salts and stuff in the water and they splash around and level up. Seriously.
  • NipplesTheSuperHippo - May 5, 2009 12:39 a.m.

BG 2 FTW! Well, I see why you couldn't put it on here. It would kinda be cliche to say: "Baldur's Gate 2 . . . the game!"
  • Armyofnone - May 5, 2009 12:22 a.m.

Arcanum forced a lot of difficult decisions, the one that leaps immediately to mind is the choice between magicka and technology. On one hand, I can light my enemies on fire with a fireball spell... on the other hand, I can light my enemies on fire with a napalm grenade. On one hand, I can shoot a dwarf in the face with a shotgun, in the other I can root him to the ground with vines and hit him with a bolt of acid. I still don't know which was better. In any case, awesome article as always GR! (Charlie Barratt I love you)
  • SwampRock - May 5, 2009 12:08 a.m.

The Witcher and Jade Empire should've been in here, both had great decision making
  • Cwf2008 - May 5, 2009 12:08 a.m.

Lol i like the one for Megaton...sure you get paid a measly 500 caps, sure you kill everyone that you just met, but on the other hand, how many times do you get to f**king nuke a whole f**king city?
  • Bloodstorm - May 5, 2009 midnight

I have another one for Fallout 3, at least it took me a while to make the decidion. WARNING!!!! if you havent played The Pit don't continue reading. I had a hard time deciding to kidnap the baby or not. Freeing slaves is morally sound, but kidnapping a baby seems so wrong too. I thought that was a pretty tough choice.
  • JHawk - May 4, 2009 10:53 p.m.

It seems like I always gravitate toward the "moral" decision when I get to a fork in the road. I have a really hard time choosing to be a dick in games like KOTOR. I appreciated that Fallout 3 gave achievements for being a fence sitting neutral pansy as well...or as we like to call them in America, the Swiss.