• HankVenture - November 15, 2010 2:42 p.m.

My favorite games of all time make number 1 and 2. Gah those twist were great and I never saw them coming.
  • AlpineGuy - November 15, 2010 2:37 p.m.

Vhat a tvist! Anyway, great article. Each entry's pretty much essential, and I always love a good shout-out to Silent Hill 2 and BioShock.
  • Stahlbrand - November 15, 2010 2:26 p.m.

Fuck yeah, KOTOR. Captcha is getting ridiculously hard to read.
  • Squander - November 15, 2010 2:13 p.m.

Final Fantasy VII - Aerith scene is worth mentioning!
  • Games_Radar_DaveMeikleham - November 15, 2010 2:06 p.m.

And I would have got away with it if it wasn't for that pesky @avantguardian. You are right, of course, that both Roach and Ghost do indeed bite it unexpectedly. But the reason MW2 made the list was because of the act of betrayal, not the deaths themselves.
  • CH3BURASHKA - November 15, 2010 2:03 p.m.

Great, an entire article I can't read. At the very least, I approve of it going up so early. Thanks.
  • avantguardian - November 15, 2010 1:34 p.m.

i kind of hate that i end up writing about mw2 a lot... but anway, possible nitpick forthcoming; regardless of shephard's allegiances (NO ONE KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON!), it seems to me that roach and ghost's fate would fall very much into the category of "characters unexpectedly biting it"... yes? no? btw great read...meiks makes me laugh...
  • sixboxes - November 15, 2010 1:23 p.m.

Your photoshop jobs make my day =D
  • KnightDehumidifier - November 15, 2010 1:23 p.m.

Mega Man 6 had an impeccable plot twist, you see there was a robot showcase from robots around the world and Mr. X stole them to do their evil work. However, it turns out Mr. X is actually Dr. Wily! Dr. Wily is Mr. X.
  • Unoriginal - November 15, 2010 1:13 p.m.

Saw it comming
  • Crabhand - November 15, 2010 12:47 p.m.

I can't argue with anything on the list (due to only playing half of them), and I very much agree with the number one choice. I do, however, take issue with the way you talk about Revan. I could create a long winded post about why he's the most intelligent and benevolent sith lord to grace the Star Wars universe, but suffice it to say there is more to his ambition than meets the eye.
  • Ulukai - November 15, 2010 12:21 p.m.

Having played System Shock 2 i was totally expecting the plot twist with Andrew Ryan, at least it was handled a little differently though.
  • AGENTJORRRG - November 15, 2010 12:05 p.m.

uhh...TRUE CRIME??? The biggest, least expected sudden shift in story and gameplay I can think of? HELLOOO??
  • pr0tostar - November 15, 2010 12:04 p.m.

6/7 were excellent for the article, but... how is Samus a PLOT twist? It's a revelation that had nothing at all to do with the story. And although it obviously shaped the future of the character/plot/franchise, it was originally intended as an easter egg ending.
  • TheLefty - November 15, 2010 11:55 a.m.

I just thought, due to finding out who the Origami killer was (not that I was planning on playing Heavy Rain, with my lack of a PS3 and all) that it would be a cool idea too link directly to different sections from the top, that way you don't have to do avoid collecting any info just to get to the parts about the games you have played. In my search for the Bioshock section I learn quite a bit.
  • reaperman22 - November 15, 2010 11:22 a.m.

unfortunately i only just got bioshock so ive already had it spoiled but the twist is just brilliant... the fact i know already makes every line of atlas's dialog makes him seem like an evil lying manipulative prick
  • EDfromRED - November 15, 2010 11:14 a.m.

Fantastic article, allthough I'm dissapointed you didn't include the Kinectimals plot twist, when it's revealed the island is a isolated prison for dangerous & sadistic creatures and you are devoured alive
  • harujongil - November 15, 2010 11:05 a.m.

The KOTOR twist wasn't very well conceived I thought. Almost from the beginning of the game I knew that was how it'd play out. A different scenario never entered my mind.
  • SausageLozenge - November 15, 2010 11:02 a.m.

Greater than Vader is Luke's dad? I don't know, given context could KOTOR's plot twist be achievable if not Empire's? After finding out and then having to wait 3 years must have been horrible to see if Vader was telling the truth or manipulating Luke.
  • MassSaber - November 15, 2010 10:53 a.m.

KOTOR's and Bioshock's plot twist work so bloody well because up till point you like you're in control espcially in KOTOR where you chose where to go and how to act etc. Still kinda upset that monkey 2 one that Lechuck is Guybrush's brother isn't there tho