Topics

E3 E3 2010 Top 7

• ChrisMacDee - June 7, 2010 11:24 a.m.

I highly suspect that Valve are going to announce a completely new game. Valve have not made a wholy new game since left 4 dead, and even that was basically a standard shooter with impressive spawning technology. Maybe even just announce Source engine 2 :P I'd like a look at Metal Gear Rising as well, even though I suspect it may be Kojima's worst game yet...
  • TheHolyHandGrenade - June 7, 2010 11:23 a.m.

ELDERSCROLLS V!!!!!! i dont even care if its MMO or not, as long as its ELDERSCROLLS!!!!1
  • crumbdunky - June 7, 2010 10:54 a.m.

Starfox Wii, sadly would have to have controls befitting the Wiimote to fit in with their tenet of more Motion+ games and we all know how just using the motion set up for Skycrawlers felt, don't we? So I just don't see it, really. Asides from that I totally don't agree about Bioshock3 being very anticipated after an anaemic second game and you moan about GTA4 being "dour" just because it's not gonzo like SA(and any further down that road and we'd have had TWO studios making Saints Row games and do we honestly want that? And anyway, you gave it Ten/ten so stop whining about it now that you think it's trendy to do so. HL2ep3 for PS3? ARE YOU MENTAL? Also, given the fact L4D1 and 2 and TOB were crappy asall hell onthe 360 wouldn't webe better off praying Valve just ignore consoles entirely until they learn to give two shits about console gamers? Allowing us to bring over mods(like on UT3 on PS3)would be a start on 360 but, as it is, they only got away with tOB on MS' console because the EA mangled PS3 version was SO bad! Seriously, paying £40 for L4D on my 360 after paying half that on steam for the infinitely better(mods and quality-why can't they get as close to Bioware in making PC and console versions similar in standard?)PC version was galling to say the least and made me feel so angry at Valve for gimping my 360 only gaming mates so badly and covering it up by slagging off Sony was weak sauce indeed. So, asit stands I'd love them to either leave sonsoles well alone until the day comes where they're willing to look after console gamers as wellas us long term fans on PC-I couldn't, in all honesty recommend any of their console games to my mates having played the true versions as their console ports are among the very weakest, slapdash, cash ins in existence today. And to say that about possibly my favourite devs ever really, really hurts, tbh. I'd go as far as to say PS3 only gamers get the better deal from Valve asat least they aren't being asked to pay twice what PC gamers do for half the content and half the quality-and that's a sad thing to have to say. Having said all that I am, naturally, happy to pee my little pantsat the slightest mention of Ep3, or better, even a fully fledged promise of HL3! BTW, Prototype2? Really?Why not go the whole hog and just ask for Hulk UD2(or 3 if you count P1 as pt2!)? Either way count me out as inFamous was twice the game that mess was-how fugly? then again new Cole looks to be wrecking the good work SP did with inFamous anyway so maybe a second Prototype could be average-a vast improvement. Anyway, with the DC games I doubt you'll see anything beyond the movie tie ins and DC Uni online in the next year or two as they don't like their franchises competing outside the comic sphere for some reason even though it works for Marvel. And why do you guys NEVER wish for the second Warhawk game from Lightbox and DJ? Surely if the Starhawk and SP addition rumours are proven true at E3 it would be an amazing follow up to what many still feel is the best game on PSN, no? Warhawk, in space, with single player to add meat to the online bones which were already amazing? count me in even if you'd prefer flogging Rapture's dead horse over and over again. I've still to be told(convincingly) by anyone just why Bioshock2 wasn't just crap-the multiplayer for starters can eff right off and, worse, why does the prototype big Daddy operate better than the finished one? Seriously, sharks were jumped, by a Big Daddy, wearing Andrew Ryans balls as deeley boppers. Houghton was right in the first place, imho. BTW, not London(though I love the place dearly)for GTA5 but, instead, Glasgow or Manchester! Or am I just desperately trying to shoehorn in The Delgados and The Smiths into the radio playlists? Or Stone Roses, Joy Division, New Order, Happy Mondays et al providing the musical backdrop for moss side gun wars? Alternatively Galsgow could see us carjacking and razor fighting in Easterhouse smack warrens to the tunes of TFC, B&S and Mogwai! Hell, you could even have half set in one and half in the other as a crimelord sends you as his deputy to sort out a gang merger to seize control of vice in the two northern British cities. There you go! No more need to stay Stateside as the series comes back to it's real home and given our more tight gun controls the rarer shootouts would return GTA to it's more shocking roots. Recap:in urethrae. WTF? Wjho's running this thing? Antista, I demand answers when the recaptcha starts being so rude.
  • Conman93 - June 7, 2010 10:26 a.m.

Games I want include Sly Cooper 4, Jak ps3, Kingdom hearts 3, resi 6 (even though it probably wont be made for another 4 years) and maybe a GOOD crash and spyro revival
  • Timothy_Lemon - June 7, 2010 9:53 a.m.

ace combat 7 please? just say it exists, thats all i need.
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - June 7, 2010 9:52 a.m.

HALF LIFE 3!!! NAAAAAAAAAAAAAOW
  • RampagE - June 7, 2010 9:51 a.m.

Valve Please DO NOT MAKE an another L4D and show us the real stuff about HL. And Bethesda don't try to trick us with a cheap-ass MMO, everyone want a Single Player Elder Scroll's (maybe with a co-op mode)(BUT MAYBE).
  • chrisat928 - June 7, 2010 9:39 a.m.

If Valve's current track record and Gabe 'I never get tired of cheeseburgers' Newell's comments mean anything there will be no Episode 3/HL3/Portal 2 on PS3. re: the vascular lol, must of known I was talking about Newell. Also, 2:15 in the morning on the west coast? Who was hit with insomnia?
  • bluscorp - June 7, 2010 9:38 a.m.

Games i want annouced: Manhunt 3, GTA5, Resident evil 6, New need for speed, Loads really.