Topics

E3 E3 2010 Top 7

• Defguru7777 - June 21, 2010 9:33 p.m.

I've almost forgotten completely about Half-Life at this point, and that scares me. Bungie's probably not going to go full force on their new IP until after Reach comes out. It could also depend if they do any map packs for it.
  • DriveShaft - June 21, 2010 9:36 p.m.

E3 kinda sucked this year. No good info or footage of anything that wasn't 3D or motion control, I was hoping maybe Rockstar would save the day, but if they didn't even release anything on the 4+ things they have coming out, it makes me think they'll crush the next E3, or TGS.
  • frogfromchronotriggerisactuallyjesus - June 21, 2010 10:29 p.m.

Miyamoto told IGN that the vitality sensor wasn't at E3 basically because E3 is all about excitement and showing off stuff about relaxing would've made no sense. They'll still show it eventually though.
  • SumthingStupid - June 21, 2010 10:34 p.m.

If respawn doesn't show something soon I think people will forget what happened, I make sense about bungie because they want the focus on reach, and too bad about no Insomniac.
  • RedOutlive10 - June 21, 2010 10:49 p.m.

The lack of Half-Life 2 Episode 3 was the biggest disappointment for me.
  • Imgema - June 21, 2010 11:35 p.m.

“Dude dude dude dude… we should totally make something up, like some dumbass thing that reads your heartbeat and keeps score, just to make everyone else think we’re working on some amazing new thing that’s gonna sell a million copies*” Haha, so funny and true!
  • D0CCON - June 21, 2010 11:50 p.m.

As soon as I saw this list's title, I immeadietly thought LA Noire. Although unlikely, that would have been nice. Good to see I'm not alone there.
  • D0CCON - June 21, 2010 11:51 p.m.

oh and half-life 3, but I personally wasn't expecting that to happen either.
  • shyfonzie - June 22, 2010 12:17 a.m.

Last Gaurdian is probably gonna make me cry like a baby.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - June 22, 2010 2:36 a.m.

Rockstar lign up looks pretty solid i would buy any of those games except maybe not max payne because i don't really have time. I finally got around to buying and playing through Ico and Shadow of the Colossus this year after hearing how good they were so i'm totally with you guys on bummed on not getting to see it at E3. I also wanted to see Resistance 3 which i was expecting to be released this fall but now i'm not so sure if they will keep up the trend of making a Resistance and a ratchet and clank title every other year they are also working on an unnanounced Multiplatform new ip.
  • Fathios - June 22, 2010 3:25 a.m.

HL2: Ep3? Come on! Has everyone forgotten about us Half-Life fanboys already?
  • UACtv - June 22, 2010 3:25 a.m.

the last guardian looks excellent, but im still confused, is that gargoyle thing the guardian of the little kid the guardian. Looks like i just have to wait until the game comes out and find out that way.
  • NanoElite666 - June 22, 2010 5:27 a.m.

If I recall correctly, it was already established that Insomniac wouldn't be showing off anything related to their new multiplatform series at E3 this year. Still, I was hoping for something about Resistance 3...
  • Vitoruss1 - June 22, 2010 5:29 a.m.

Guys, I really loved Shadow of the Colossus, too, but putting the Last Guardian at #1 is pretentious BS. A lot of gams jarnalists cling onto it for what it represents rather than what it is. It represents that games can be emotional and artsy. What it IS looks boring, to be honest. And come on, I know that's a "just your opinion" thing, but are we really fooling anyone?
  • GoateeGuy615 - June 22, 2010 5:38 a.m.

Aliens: Colonial Marines...where the hell are you!!!!! I want HL:E3 as well...
  • taterboob - June 22, 2010 5:41 a.m.

Half Life's absence baffles me for yet another year. Last year, it was Left 4 Dead 2 and this year it's Portal 2. What's the deal, Valve?
  • CH3BURASHKA - June 22, 2010 7:08 a.m.

Those last three (BG&E, Max Payne 3 and The Last Guardian) were also my top 'no shows'. Ubisoft's audacity to confirm Michel Ancel and BG&E in development mere weeks before E3 with nary a new screen or video is mind-boggling and frustrating. Rockstar said off the bat that they're skipping E3, but I was hoping they'd at least release a Max Payne 3 trailer during E3. Though I'm convinced it will be good, others aren't and they have quite the PR battle, I think. As for Last Guardian, I'm absolutely positive it will be shown at TGS - it only makes sense. Have faith fanboys, in due time everything will come.
  • foxyexplosion - June 22, 2010 8:06 a.m.

Omigod Devil's Third looks amazing and Im super glad this article brought the game to my attention. Great article just cause its sooooo informative about some things Ive missed. Secretary noes
  • JosefMotley - June 22, 2010 9:02 a.m.

no-one but confused reviewers care about dull stealth/stealth/stealth game Beyond Good & Evil. we did play it, it just wasn't very good, suffering at first from being underhyped and now having being completely overhyped by everyone in the gaming press for about five damn years now, bored of it. just throwing that out there
  • philipshaw - June 22, 2010 10:14 a.m.

I have to agree with the top 2. I knew Rockstar wasn't at E3 but I expected to see something of The Agent at the Sony Conference. I was so angery that The Last Guradian wasn't shown,I was even wearing my Ico t-shirt when watching the live stream