Topics

Halloweek Top 7

• Fastthumbs227 - October 26, 2010 12:59 a.m.

Why is Mk vs. Dc not on this list :)
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - October 25, 2010 11:56 p.m.

Can't wait to hear some of this on this weeks Talkradar
  • FanofSaiyan - October 25, 2010 11:10 p.m.

A very bloody edition of Gamesradar Halloween indeed! While it didn't make the list, Killer Instinct had some pretty great fatalities (where else could you meditate and drop a car on somebody!) as well as some great stage fatalities (too bad only Idol could die a fiery death). My absolute favorite fatality from KI has to be Fulgore unleashing a fury of bullets on his poor hapless victims!
  • kuroda - October 25, 2010 10:36 p.m.

that chick (spice) from timeslaughter looks just like lady gaga! damn that game was ahead of it's time!
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - October 25, 2010 10:33 p.m.

Yeah, the Sega CD Eternal Champions is a bit harsher than the Genesis one, but the in-game stuff wasn't all that bad. Sure the fatalities were bloody but countless games had 'em. I was looking for games that had a lot of blood throughout, not just fatalities. But yeah, it did have some really intense finishers.
  • Ded - October 25, 2010 10:22 p.m.

I am also somewhat shocked and mildly appalled that Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side wasn't here... Was actually quite a fun game too (not exactly an amazing fighter though..)
  • batmanboy11 - October 25, 2010 10:05 p.m.

mmmm, blood and guts... Halloweek is awesome. Good Top 7, Elston.
  • skiallday - October 25, 2010 9:57 p.m.

I am shocked and appalled that Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side was not included on this list. To see what I mean see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKpPsJR7iQ
  • juicenpancakes - October 25, 2010 9:34 p.m.

And thanks for all of the embedded videos. They add so much to the feature. Just showing pictures would not have done this justice.
  • juicenpancakes - October 25, 2010 9:26 p.m.

I'm very excited for what you have in store for Halloweek! May Satan bless you this week.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - October 25, 2010 9:22 p.m.

Deadliest Warrior (the downloadable game) says hi. God, that game is pretty bloody- but not as bloody as Blood Storm. XD that game is just hilarious. :P
  • ventanger - October 25, 2010 9:19 p.m.

The first time I heard about Thrill Kill, I read that it was a vehicle for the Wu Tang Clan to get into games, is that right? Anyways, a next gen Primal Rage would be retardedly awesome.
  • 510BrotherPanda - October 25, 2010 9:08 p.m.

@CatrParrot I am ashamed of all the terrible Engrishy stereotypical "Asians" in these... I think it's "Show no mercy". Too bad Primal Rage isn't getting a reboot like MK is. The SNES one is the first 2d fighter I ever owned! And based on the comments, a couple of other people liked it back then, as well.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - October 25, 2010 8:59 p.m.

@Fox IMO eating your own barf is a weirder than pissing on someone you just beat up. But that's me! The SNES version was censored, I don't think the others were though. (Gen, PSX etc). But whatevs! And I didn't find eating cavemen to be all that bloody, but it probably deserved a line in there.
  • JADENkOTOR - October 25, 2010 8:40 p.m.

Thrill Kill didn't have the most blood but it was definitely the most disturbing. And what was with the pelvic thrust the nurse does after every kill... Did they motion capture some chick riding on top? Good list, I liked this one.
  • garnsr - October 25, 2010 8:21 p.m.

Strange that these are pretty much all 16 bit games. You'd think we'd have gotten more gore with better systems. And the Jaguar had a fire button, how could it not have done well?
  • TheWizard92 - October 25, 2010 8:16 p.m.

The new Mortal Kombat definately looks promising(:
  • FoxdenRacing - October 25, 2010 8:02 p.m.

This is probably the first time I've been disappointed in a GR article. They go to great lengths to mention Primal Rage, mention the obvious stuff [the life bar and buckets of blood], yet don't bother to mention two of the things that made it unique...and tastelessly offensive. 1) Eating cavemen. All those little humans weren't just for decoration...they could be stomped, squished, and even eaten to regain health. 2) The puke being the most tasteless? C'mon...Chaos' original fatality, a golden shower of acid...was an order of magnitude more demeaning, and at least two orders of magnitude more tasteless. It was so bad they even recalled first-run copies of the game to replace it. How could you guys miss that?
  • Strangleme - October 25, 2010 7:53 p.m.

@Kapwan I agree 100%!!! BONESTORM!!!
  • Strangleme - October 25, 2010 7:52 p.m.

Shit!! Excellent Top 7 Brett!!