Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• Redeater - August 16, 2010 9:50 p.m.

@ Randomnumba "Halo on the xbox didnt have the subtitle combat evolved. Combat evolved was for the PC port." Thats pretty funny because my xbox cover has combat evolved on it.....not to mention its on the first freakin google pic search.
  • Redeater - August 16, 2010 9:46 p.m.

Can you people stop posting games that were not launch?? God you are on the internet anyways, do a bit of research before you spew out complaints like "pokemon or MGS2"?????? METAL GEAR SOLID 2 CAME OUT AS A DEMO WITH A GAME THAT WASN'T EVEN A LAUNCH TITLE!!!
  • Strangleme - August 16, 2010 9:29 p.m.

I really do like this Top 7, but I don't agree with Tetris being #1. I think it should have been Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario 64. That's just my personal opinion. I can't wait to hear you discuss it on talkRadar this week.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - August 16, 2010 9:27 p.m.

Come on, Twisted Metal: Head on was the best psp launch game. And what about Resistance FOM?
  • shyfonzie - August 16, 2010 9:25 p.m.

HURP DURP WHY ISN'T THE GAME *I* LIKE THE BEST LAUNCH GAME???
  • deformedorange - August 16, 2010 9:19 p.m.

nice job I was readfing this and I was like "wait, Halo at #4??? Oh ya mario and tetris. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."
  • grizzly311 - August 16, 2010 9:16 p.m.

Battle Arena Toshinden blew my mind when it was released. Loved that game. Still like to pop it in now and then just to get a laugh at its blocky magnificence. I was also enthralled with the notion of black CD's at the time.
  • FETALJUICE - August 16, 2010 9:15 p.m.

Super Mario Bros. and Mario 64 dominated my childhood. Good times!
  • neilbeforezod - August 16, 2010 9:05 p.m.

My (broke) parents never bought me a console, but my mother worked for a mailorder place that had a small game division. Some how she got her hands on a N64 just before launch along w/ a copy of Mario 64... in Japanese. Sufficed to say I was the happiest, most confused boy on the planet for a week (I didn't get to keep it). For once the kid who never had any games, had an exclusive none of his rich friends could match. I loved that incomprehensible game.
  • Tronto13 - August 16, 2010 8:56 p.m.

i was expecting CoD 2 to make the list! :O
  • garnsr - August 16, 2010 8:48 p.m.

I never cared for fighters much, aside from Samurai Shodown and Virtua Fighter, but when they were offering Soul Calibur for $20 on the Dreamcast launch day I picked it up, along with Sonic Adventure. And Soul Calibur must be the game I played the most on DC, and is still about the only fighting series I really like.
  • Ampatent - August 16, 2010 8:46 p.m.

I have a hard time believing that Nintendo wouldn't have sold just as many Wii's without Wii Sports, and because of that I feel it's not at all deserving of a spot on the Top 7 Best Launch Titles of ALL TIME.
  • Hayseyboy - August 16, 2010 8:42 p.m.

Luigi's Mansion.... :(
  • Starplatinum - August 16, 2010 8:28 p.m.

Yeah I didn't see that number one coming at all but I totally support if not just for the fact that it was my first gaming console, hand held or not. I got the gameboy before I ever got my genesis and I loved me some tetris. And it was the first time I ever seen my mom play a video game, which she still plays to this day.
  • Skykid - August 16, 2010 8:24 p.m.

Why not Uncharted, it was what made the PS3 great? I'm sure there are reasons...
  • Randomnumba - August 16, 2010 8:21 p.m.

• MasterV - August 16, 2010 8:20 p.m.

Quite good choices here. Can't find better launch games than these. Still remember seeing each and every ine of them the first time.
  • Ded - August 16, 2010 8:03 p.m.

Ah the lovely Soul Calibur :D how did it all go so wrong from there! (With Sega's consoles AND the rest of the Soul Calibur series..)
  • DirkSteele1 - August 16, 2010 8:02 p.m.

I will admit that I wax lyrical everytime the Dreamcast is mentioned, but Soul Calibur still sits in my all time top 3 games. I lack the words to describe just how blown away I was when I loaded it up for the first time....Even more so when I found out the intro movie was rendered in real time.
  • thedutewaw - August 16, 2010 8:01 p.m.

My parents would never buy a console, so I went through the N64, Dreamcast, and PSX only being able to play at friends' houses. I played Halo at my friends house and then spent the whole summer mowing lawns to buy Halo and an Xbox. I actually bought Halo before the Xbox and spent weeks just staring at the box and reading the manual. Because of that Halo is one of my all time favorite games.