Topics

Top 7

• thefreakysurgeon - August 26, 2010 9:37 p.m.

Super Mario 64 was the BEST! Not my favorite game on the N64, though (Paper Mario is my favorite N64 game)
  • frogfromchronotriggerisactuallyjesus - August 24, 2010 1:20 a.m.

WHAT ABOUT ARC RISE FANTASIA
  • Bhup666 - August 20, 2010 10:26 a.m.

For the first time in my life, I totally agree on a list on the internet! With everything! I loved Tetris on Gameboy back in 1990 when I first got that handhold console. Just loved it!! It's still my favorite game on DS.
  • Camoxide - August 18, 2010 9:13 p.m.

wtf you had Wii sports over Twilight princess?
  • elpurplemonkey - August 18, 2010 6:25 a.m.

Definitely one of the better Top 7's in the last few weeks. My personal number one would be Super Mario World, but I recognize that the list is more about impact on the system and the video game landscape than personal taste. Also, echoing another poster above me- way too many people don't know what the word 'launch' means.
  • bhamjustin - August 18, 2010 2:36 a.m.

What a great & nastalgic (SP?) Top 7! I was sure that Mario was going to take the #1 spot with the NES, but when I saw you'd really thought this through and saw Tetris held that spot, I knew you were right. The fact that Tetris is now playable on all stages/platforms/anything, you are truly correct. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
  • CoktorBloktopus - August 17, 2010 11:26 p.m.

i love all of theses game. I have been laid because of WII .
  • fanboyhunter - August 17, 2010 10:08 p.m.

Great article Brett! My pick would be Halo for #1 and Mario64 as #2 but I see your reasoning and agree.
  • Ravenbom - August 17, 2010 9:13 p.m.

Thank you for taking the risk of saying "Wii Sports". As a hardcore gamer myself I can't deny the impact that it's had. There are people that think the Wii only plays one (5) games: Wii Sports. It's impossible to ignore. Though, if you want to get super hardcore, Pong is where it all started and it was HUGE in the land before I was hanging around in my father's ballsack. I would have changed out SoulCalibur for Pong, personally. Still, I personally can't argue with the entries at all, love it!
  • GameManiac - August 17, 2010 7:04 p.m.

One of the best Top 7 articles in a while, especially since I've played all of the games on the list, except for Soul Caliber and Lumines.
  • SHAPATTAK - August 17, 2010 4:06 p.m.

I had Tetris dreams for days after playing it for the first time on Gameboy (for hours straight).
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - August 17, 2010 2:55 p.m.

This some ho-ass-shit to not include Kameo. Nah, just kidding.
  • joshin69 - August 17, 2010 1:49 p.m.

For me ridge racer could and should have been on there for the PS
  • skyline19 - August 17, 2010 12:02 p.m.

glad halo was in there, the memories :)
  • philipshaw - August 17, 2010 11:04 a.m.

I agree with the number 1 but saying I wasn't born when it came out, Mario 64 is still my favorite lauch game
  • AuthorityFigure - August 17, 2010 9:05 a.m.

So many sales, so few memories...
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - August 17, 2010 7:20 a.m.

TECHNICALLY the N64 puttered through a final year and died in 2002, but there were no games released in the US in 2003, and 2001 was so utterly devoid of content that the system was effectively dead a month before the GameCube launched in November '01. 2001 had Paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Madden 2002 and the Power Puff Girls game as the only notable releases. Very sad. Then THPS3 in 2002 as an afterthought.
  • QWERTYCommander - August 17, 2010 6:56 a.m.

Hey Brett, the N64's funeral wasn't in 2001, it was in 2003, with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.
  • PanzerDSS - August 17, 2010 6:48 a.m.

No Panzer Dragoon? :(
  • jmcgrotty - August 17, 2010 6:21 a.m.

I always found it humorous that at the time of the PS2s release, FantaVision was getting rave reviews.