Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• BAbaracus1983 - July 1, 2010 4:47 a.m.

Couldn't agree more, Gamesradar.
  • codywebb46 - July 1, 2010 3:25 a.m.

red dead redemption for sure, just beat it. now playing all the side missions and little things. best game yet for sure. but i guarantee once call of duty black ops comes out that will be the best game of the year!
  • RocketPenis - June 30, 2010 9:07 p.m.

Those were all great choices. My personal favorite games, of this year are, Final Fantasy 13, Mass Effect 2, and Mario Galaxy 2.
  • MotokoAramaki - June 30, 2010 9:05 p.m.

ME should have been higher than Mario Galaxy 2, imo.
  • spideralex90 - June 30, 2010 8:02 p.m.

Oh hell no, Bad Company 2 should have at the very least kicked off Bayonetta. However, i agree with Mass Effect and Red Dead.
  • keeganstruble - June 30, 2010 6:02 p.m.

Id say ME2 is the best game of 2010 so far but thats my opinion... but im happy that RDR got it because that was an awesome game.
  • Switchblaze42 - June 30, 2010 3:50 p.m.

I have to completely disagree with this list, solely on the basis that there is no Battlefield: Bad Company 2. In my opinion, Battlefield is easily the best this year (so far). It takes everything Modern Warfare 2 attempted to do, balanced everything, refined the weapons, and *gasp* implemented bullet drop. True, there are some good games on this list, Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect 2, and God of War 3 are all amazing continuations of a franchise, but this list isn't complete without the game that makes any CAll of Duty game obsolete.
  • EdDeRs1 - June 30, 2010 3:01 p.m.

its all gona change when Reach comes out...
  • hobonateor - June 30, 2010 2:57 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who liked Just Cause 2 better than Red Dead...
  • Hurricrane - June 30, 2010 2:33 p.m.

I wouldn't have Bioshock 2, FF13, or God of War 3. they all just felt souless and to me were completely boring. But hey, I don't have a website
  • UltimateZeldaFanboy - June 30, 2010 6:49 a.m.

i can see Halo Reach taking the best game of the year overall, and RDR in second
  • gaseoussnake - June 30, 2010 4:47 a.m.

Aw man, i thought peace walker would be on the list. maybe next year, bayonetta for sure
  • bjt2012 - June 30, 2010 4:40 a.m.

Red Dead deserves the top pick, IMO.
  • sklorbit - June 30, 2010 4:13 a.m.

my list would have been very similar. RED DEAD REDEMPTION BEST GAME OF 2010!
  • TURbo - June 30, 2010 2:55 a.m.

I beaten Mass Effect twice, and never played Red Dead Redemption, but I will give best game of 2010 to Redemption because The Red Dead was unproven compared to Mass Effect 2, which at least had Mass Effect 1 which was a success.
  • ViolentLee - June 30, 2010 1:15 a.m.

That's just a CRAZY good list, and the year's barely half over! I'd swap out Bioshock 2 for Picross 3D, though, but that's just me.
  • Clovin64 - June 30, 2010 12:46 a.m.

Brilliant list. I have all the games except Mass Effect 2 and Mario Galaxy 2 (I only have a PS3!). Some of these games were some of the best games I've played on the current generation of consoles so far (along with Oblivion obviously). Its been one hell of a year so far! I was thinking about God of War III there for a second. Its undeniably a good game, nay, a brilliant one, but I think its just too similar to the previous God of War games. I've gotten a little bored of my second GOW3 playthrough because it feels like I've done it all before. I would personally have replaced it with Heavy Rain. Just finished Red Dead about an hour ago...AWESOME GAME. Definetly deserves the number one spot. One of my absolute faveourite current gen games so far. Red Dead and FF13 are my two fave games of the year so far, but theres nothing else coming out this year that really interests me until the Last Guardian comes out.
  • gilgamesh310 - June 29, 2010 11:59 p.m.

It might be true to say that Final Fantasy XII oozes that perfection from every pixel but it's certainly not true about Final Fantasy XIII. Honestly that has to be one of your most overrated games ever. No game where you spend 25 hrs watching cutscenes, pressing up in between should ever get a 10/10. Mass Effect 2 was phenomenal mind and actually succeeded in being an RPG unlike FF 13
  • Starplatinum - June 29, 2010 11:04 p.m.

@HitmanSB07 That's a good point, but a lot of the GR staff seem to have been very vocal in their enjoyment of Red Dead throughout the playtime and not just only at the ending which they only just talked about. But who knows if red dead came out earlier in the year and ME2 just came out.
  • HitmanSB07 - June 29, 2010 10:47 p.m.

I seriously think that you GR guys just finished RDR a few days ago and the ending is lingering in your minds, hence the " RDR has the best ending ever" article. If so, you guys probably only created this article because you were on a RDR high...The game just goes downhill( or even just falls off a cliff) from there.