Topics

Top 7

• Japanaman - February 15, 2011 12:57 a.m.

What? No mention of Reptile's fatality from MKII where he pulls your head off with his tongue. That HAS to be the best beheading ever!
  • 510BrotherPanda - February 15, 2011 1:09 a.m.

Thanks Mikel; the Brutal Legend and Duke ones cheered my lonely self right up!
  • Bitmun - February 15, 2011 1:16 a.m.

Obligatory; what about this little number from Bayonetta? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mE7Un0lzV4#t=2m40s Nothing like ripping off the head of a god, especially since he's been a massive prick to you throughout the entire first quarter of the game. Still, good list, very fun read. The videos were nice.
  • Yeager1122 - February 15, 2011 1:44 a.m.

Truely what valentines day is all about ripping peoples heads off.
  • theintellectual - February 15, 2011 2:26 a.m.

nothing to fight the valentines day blues like watching somebody get their heads violently torn off.
  • keltar93 - February 15, 2011 2:44 a.m.

Once again, GamesRadar finds a far-fetched excuse to attach a great Top 7 to a special event. I fully expect the DECAPITAAAAYYYYYSSHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!(perfectly qouted, fetalspray) to become a TalkRadar sound effect
  • DangerZone723 - February 15, 2011 3:14 a.m.

Brutal Legend should have been at least #2. I haven't laughed that hard at a game in... well, forever.
  • Genericpenisjoketista - February 15, 2011 6:17 a.m.

I was hoping to see Brutal Legend's decapitation at #1, but after watching the two that placed higher than it... I can see why they did. This was an excellent article and I enjoyed reading every last bit of it. Especially the reasoning behind why Duke was at #1. "Because something very bad happens, and it involves an ass." Stay awesome, Mikel.
  • Lionzest7 - February 15, 2011 6:19 a.m.

Guess all the heads popping off in Ninja Gaiden 2 were not noted? lol
  • JBizFoShiz - February 15, 2011 8:57 a.m.

Does nobody else think of Sunny Delight when Helios says "Feel the power *of the sun*!" I must have ripped his head off 7 or 8 times last year, and always loved the tearing of flesh and subtle product placement for orange drink.
  • snothammer - February 15, 2011 9:56 a.m.

Dr. Salvador's decapitation made failing in RE4 so goddamn satisfying. I don't think I've ever been so pleased to die in a videogame. My former boss has that official art poster, and it makes me jealous.
  • jmcgrotty - February 15, 2011 1:18 p.m.

How do people keep dying to Salvador. By no means am I world class player, bit he's never killed me.
  • The_Tingler - February 15, 2011 1:55 p.m.

Could you guys remove the Sponsor Ads that last twice as long as the clips? Thank you.
  • AntistasMetroid - February 15, 2011 4:21 p.m.

Mr.Reparaz, your features never cease to amaze. Hit me up for some dracler huntin' some time...
  • philipshaw - February 15, 2011 4:21 p.m.

This is the best top 7 of this year, great job Mikel
  • oryandymackie - February 16, 2011 12:29 p.m.

I remember being beheaded by Dr. Salvador. I dropped my controller and sat, for about five minutes, open-mouthed, before turning off the PS2.
  • Zeb364 - February 17, 2011 10:33 p.m.

And THAT is why Duke is the man.
  • CoppertopJohnson - February 19, 2011 9:52 p.m.

I've always been very partial to Mortal Kombat, myself. Good stuff, Mikel.
  • Mezolitik - September 20, 2011 4:49 a.m.

That Salvador one was horrifying. I remember being totally stunned when I first saw it. The one in the special mode (I can't remember its name; 'kill lots of enemies 'til the time runs out') was infinitely worse though; he was bigger and he could run, IIRC. Also, for sheer hilarious violence, what about the Power Fist decapitation in Fallout 3? Veronica, in particular, literally punches raiders' heads off.