Topics

Top 7

• Pruman - February 15, 2011 12:45 a.m.

No Dead Space? Something like 80% of the death animations in the game are decapitations. The Brute one in particular stands out as the most brutal for me.
  • deadpool125 - February 15, 2011 12:29 a.m.

@#5: When the Gatekeeper to Hell asks you who sent you, Tell 'em it was Gunnery Chief Ashley Williams. I've been on a Mass Effect binge and only just noticed that Ashley and Shinobi have the same voice.
  • trojan12 - February 15, 2011 12:24 a.m.

Duke doesn't lie when it comes to kicking ass!
  • WickedSid - February 15, 2011 12:24 a.m.

Eddie's was awesome, Kratos' was awesome, Duke's was the best and he tops it off with whistling his own theme song.
  • NightCrawler_358 - February 15, 2011 12:17 a.m.

Awwwwwww, lovely! These were all great entries, I couldn't even think of some that I would've added! WAIT! the Demoman's Highlander sword in Team Fortress 2 decapitates every enemy it hits, so thats a pretty cool one too.
  • wiitard07 - February 15, 2011 12:10 a.m.

I was hoping Eddie's decapitations would make it up to number 2 or one, but I love helios and Duke's! Also I think that the rapid tap A kills in Dead Space II where you put the Puker's head over your shoulder and rip it off, and the one where you pick up the pack and punch its head off deserve some love. Also from Dead Space II *MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT* The one where you fail to correctly use the Needle machine and it lifts Isaac's whole head off and the one where you javelin off Tiedman's head.
  • fetalspray - February 14, 2011 11:48 p.m.

DECAPITAAAAYYYYYSSHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
  • CancerMan - February 14, 2011 11:40 p.m.

I personal favorite decapitation omitted from this list were the glaive decapitations in Dark Sector. Satisfying slow motion gore that never got old. Also that Legend Decapitation is fucking Metal!
  • batmanboy11 - February 14, 2011 11:39 p.m.

Awesome list!
  • juicenpancakes - February 14, 2011 11:38 p.m.

Happy VD everybody! Yeah! The videos do so much for this article. Thanks for going the extra mile, Mikel. Here are some loving valentines for you that I found on some fantastic website: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/xbox-360/news/vg-valentines-available-for-heartbreakingly-late-purchase/a-2011021413313281075/g-20060321132945404017
  • Yaro - February 14, 2011 11:30 p.m.

@ RicePuddingUK Well to be fair the series was pretty much dead for the last decade. Anyway, awesome top 7 Mikel. I spit my drink at: Natural enemy: a helicopter. =)
  • BigDannyH - February 14, 2011 11:22 p.m.

RE4 bag head dude sawing off my loaf of bread is hands down the scariest thing I've experienced in a game. Agree with G4J, when you hear that saw ... peg it!
  • RicePuddingUK - February 14, 2011 11:21 p.m.

Ha! I love how Duke Nukem is coming back everyones like "OMG Duke Nukem! Best series ever" and completely forgets everything else, like sheep! Never spoke about it before.
  • Nin10DOH - February 14, 2011 11:20 p.m.

I hope they have some of that badassery in Duke Nukem Forver. I'm sure it will though...
  • Hullonotna - February 14, 2011 11:17 p.m.

Brilliant. The last 2 were epic, and the duke still has it. Can't wait to see what he does in DNF
  • Outlander - February 14, 2011 11:16 p.m.

Wow. I had never played Duke Nukem 3d... I never knew he literally ripped someone's head off and shit down their neck. That's what valentines day should truly be about.
  • Genocide4Jawas - February 14, 2011 11:02 p.m.

I've played through RE4 a few times, but I've never seen the Dr. Salvador chainsaw death because I NEVER let those creepy fuckheads get close enough for that noise
  • Thegynecologistwithchipmunkcheeks - February 14, 2011 10:52 p.m.

Perfect for valentines day
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - February 14, 2011 10:51 p.m.

So romantic