With the Oscars marching ever closer (27 February, folks) and the BAFTAs taking place this Sunday, The London Critics' Circle Awards were handed out last night.
With The Social Network picking up Film of the Year, and Director of the Year for David Fincher, it's still hard to guess which movie will end up taking home the Best Picture Oscar this year.
There's a clear favourite for the Best Actor gong though, with Colin Firth given another award to weigh down his mantlepiece.The full list of winners were as follows:
• Film of the Year: ( The Social Network )
• The Attenborough Award: British Film of the Year: ( The King’s Speech )
• Foreign Language Film of the Year: ( Of Gods and Men )
• Actor of the Year: Colin Firth ( The King’s Speech )
• Actress of the Year: Annette Bening ( The Kids Are All Right )
• British Actor of the Year: Christian Bale ( The Fighter )
• British Actress of the Year: Lesley Manville ( Another Year )
• British Actor in a Supporting Role: Andrew Garfield ( The Social Network )
• British Actress in a Supporting Role: Olivia Williams ( The Ghost )
• Young British Performer of the Year: Conor McCarron ( NEDs )
• Director of the Year: David Fincher ( The Social Network )
• British Director of the Year: Tom Hooper ( The King’s Speech )
• Screenwriter of the Year: Aaron Sorkin ( The Social Network )
• Breakthrough British Film-Maker: Gareth Edwards ( Monsters )
• Dilys Powell Award for Excellence in Film: Kristin Scott Thomas
There's not a huge amount to disagree with on that list really, and it's nice to see TF fave Andrew Garfield getting some recognition, along with Monsters director Gareth Edwards.
It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the BAFTA line-up on Sunday...