• reyalejandro13 - February 3, 2009 10:13 p.m.

Garr, i hated the temple of the Ocean King. One i got the ability to kill those guys, i did it with pride!
  • jamminontha1n2 - February 3, 2009 9:58 p.m.

Great list Shane. The only game that I can think of that wasn't on this list is Golden Sun on the GBA when you have to sneak into the thief town by using the shadows.
  • The_Lurcher - February 3, 2009 9:16 p.m.

wow an SotC and beyond good and evil reference but granted both are very sexy... anyway awsome article cant wait for the talkradar for this week
  • skyguy343 - February 3, 2009 9:05 p.m.

and before i forget, another SotC reference!! WOOOO!!! XD
  • John-117 - February 3, 2009 8:50 p.m.

Fantastic job shane, I haven't played too many of these games but I absolutely love some stealthy action. Some of these games I never even knew had stealth elements, but I may go play some of them if I can find them cheap. It's interesting to hear that Uncharted 2 will incorporate stealth into the gameplay because I always felt the first cried out to let you sneak in around the cover. P.S. MGS series owns them all!(in my opinion :P)
  • Craig234 - February 11, 2009 6:54 p.m.

Hard to believe the article left out the original "Rogue" game, one of the first computer games, a text-based game that was the first 'dungeon crawler'. I don't know any game that creates more tension and suspense as you move carefully, one step at a time, in the lower levels trying to avoid the monsters, where one encounter can end the game. You typically spend years trying to beat the game and few do. It has a lot of stealth in it because the goal is to get an amulet, not kill monsters, and there is direct stealth as well as stealth-like items to help you sneak. There's a lot of tension as you move through dark rooms, each key press risking danger.
  • Bronzus - February 6, 2009 8:53 p.m.

Uh, XIII?
  • NelosAngelos - February 6, 2009 1:15 a.m.

I love stealth action, its just so much more satisfying knowing the only time someone sees you is usually right before they're dead, if they see you at all.
  • NERDRAGE - February 5, 2009 4:25 p.m.

Indigo Prophecy – 2005 the version i played was called fahrenheit it was a good game the sneaking was fun and all but at the end it just ended up being to far fetched and nice article
  • cdell - February 5, 2009 4:09 a.m.

theif was ,and is, freaking awsome i must have wasted over a 150 hours playing that game on the xbox over and over again
  • T1MOTHY95 - February 4, 2009 10:51 p.m.

WTF! no mirrors edge! the entire game is about running away from dudes with guns! It's pratically your ninja game, yet not even aword about it! seriously though, sneak king is creepy
  • ThoFrew - February 4, 2009 9:59 p.m.

The Hitman series rocks!! i loved setting up the hits and trying to get away without alerting anyone.
  • leognarkill14 - February 4, 2009 8:49 p.m.

hey! what about being a rogue in WoW? a rogue is based on stealth and a druid also has a little stealthy element in it and also gears of war,you have to sneak around so that the beserker doesn't completely rape you.
  • flayz - February 4, 2009 8:29 p.m.

One of my fav's not on the list was Mark of Kri. You could lock on to some guy below you, drop down and stab him through the back and it's disney cartoon look made the kills particularly satisfying Also It doesn't get much better that BG&E for stealth. played like a poor man's metal gear without the 30 minute cutscenes
  • stuzimuzipuzi - February 4, 2009 7:33 p.m.

i love these kind of games
  • ledgenskill - February 4, 2009 5:35 p.m.

u forgot time shift u got to stop time then move around be4 ur suit makes it normal (suit make time contrul and ur suit is damiged)sorry for spelling
  • pimlicosound - February 4, 2009 11:46 a.m.

In the Star Wars: KOTOR games, you can activate a stealth generator or Jedi stealth powers to turn invisible and sneak around. Stealth is broken by attacking an enemy or a successful detection roll. But how's this for an obscure stealth reference? In Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, there are a couple of missions where you have to manoeuvre your little fleet of space vessels around the dark sides of various planets and stuff, avoiding sensor stations and enemy patrols, to make it out of the enemy-occupied sector!
  • phoenix_wings - February 4, 2009 6:52 a.m.

I never knew so many games that I loved had so many stealth elements to them. Agent 47 ftw. After a while in Blood Money I used to just walk around and head-butt people. Blowing up the guy's wife with the bbq...planting an explosive device in the cake on that ship...awesome. Snake rocks it too.
  • aequitas13 - February 4, 2009 5:13 a.m.

Awesome job here... +1000 for the Thief series. I was just amazed by TDP when it first came out... sneaking through hidden corridors in castles rather than going in guns blazing... brilliant! Metal Age cranked up the fear of being found by adding those dam robots "The Will of Karas!" lol... Just started Deadly Shadows again last week after a couple year hiatus. Love this series! I'll never forget the first time I shot a rope-arrow and realized I could make my own ladders ANYWHERE I wanted... that was something totally new and really allowed you to attack a mission in a huge variety of ways.
  • gbiZZle08 - February 4, 2009 4:38 a.m.

i'm so glad they put fallout 3 on here. i'm on my third playthrough and i made a super stealthy character and have the stealth suit. makes the game way more fun and challenging