Back in October, Total Film joined up with Orange and BAFTA for The Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award, designed to recognise a fresh face destined for fame, fortune and critical plaudits.
Fellow jurors included Simon Pegg, Sienna Miller and David Yates, and now, after two long months of debating and deliberating, the shortlist of five nominees can be announced:
Hackney-born Adam rose to fame in Noel Clarke’s Kidulthood , before reprising the role in the follow-up Adulthood and again working with Clarke in 220.127.116.11 . Adam then went on to make his own mark on the film industry by co-writing, directing and starring in Brit comedy Anuvahood .
Australian actor Chris became an overnight success after landing the title role in film version of the Marvel comic Thor and he will reprise the role in The Avengers this year. Chris is next starring in Snow White And The Huntsman opposite Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron and will play Formula One driver James Hunt in Ron Howard’s Rush .
Chris began his career in the cult comedy series The IT Crowd before breaking into film with roles including The Boat That Rocked , Gulliver’s Travels and Bridesmaids . Chris will next be seen in Judd Apatow’s This Is 40 alongside Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann.
After receiving much critical acclaim on the West End and Broadway stage, Eddie burst onto the film scene in My Week With Marilyn alongside Michelle Williams, Dame Judi Dench and Kenneth Branagh. He recently finished filming Birdsong , the BBC adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Sebastian Faulks, and will soon be starring in the film version of the musical Les Miserables .
RADA graduate Tom broke onto the big screen earlier this year in Kenneth Branagh's Thor . Tom’s recent projects include Woody Allen’s film Midnight In Paris , Steven Spielberg’s War Horse , and The Deep Blue Sea opposite Rachel Weisz. Tom will be seen playing the big bad in The Avengers in May 2012.
The OWRSA is the only BAFTA decided by you, the paying public. Last year’s winner was Tom Hardy, and previous winners include James McAvoy, Kristen Stewart and Eva Green.
For details of how to vote for your favourite candidate, read about our competition below.
The OWRSA will be awarded at the BAFTA ceremony on 12 February 2012.
Win VIP tickets to the BAFTAs!
Time to dust off your Sunday best…
The Orange BAFTAs is the highlight of the UK film calendar, the world’s glitterati gathering at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London, to celebrate the very best of a year in cinema.
You’ve seen it on TV – why not now see it for real?
Total Film has joined forces with Orange and BAFTA to offer one lucky competition winner the chance to win a pair of VIP tickets to the awards ceremony, hosted by Stephen Fry.
As well as two tickets to the UK’s hottest show (including access to the red carpet viewing platform to watch all the stars arrive), the winner will also receive UK travel to and from London, one night’s stay at a swanky central London hotel, and a black tie dinner for two in a London restaurant.
The Orange BAFTA ceremony is taking place on the evening of Sunday, 12 February, 2012.
To enter the competition, simply vote for your favourite candidate by texting Total followed by the surname of your preferred nominee to the short code 88080 (eg Total Deacon). Votes will be charged at your standard network rate, plus 25p. See the full terms and conditions below.
For more details go to orange.co.uk/bafta
BAFTA PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over except employees of any company or organisation associated with the prize draw (including without limitation Orange group companies and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts) and their families; the agents of any of the above companies or organisations, their employees and the families of their employees; or any other person associated with this prize draw.
2. Only people living within the UK may vote. If you vote from outside the UK your vote will be discounted.
3. All entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions, which, by taking part, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted.
4. Only one vote per person and only one entry per person. No purchase necessary. You can vote online at orange.co.uk/bafta.
5. Votes will be charged at your standard network rate, plus 25p and a confirmation message to voters will come from 83080.
6. Prize for two people includes:
- Travel from your nearest station to and from London (Standard class rail within mainland UK. Flights from NI only, these will be standard class tickets and booked on whichever airline chosen by the promoter). Reasonable travel expenses to be refunded by 17th February 2012 provided valid receipts are supplied to Orange on Sunday 12th.
- London hotel accommodation at a 3* hotel (bed & breakfast only).
- Dinner at a central London restaurant (1/2 bottle of wine included, additional drinks to be bought by winner)
- Access to Red Carpet grandstand at Covent Garden.
- Two tickets to The Orange British Academy Film Awards.
- Any additional expenses, such as meals and refreshments, are not included.
7. The closing date for the draw to win the VIP package is 9am on Friday 3rd February 2012. The winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries by an independent person on Monday 6th February 2012. The winner will be notified by Wednesday 8th February 2012 by telephone. Voting for the Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award will close after the BBC live vote on 12 February 2012.
8. Orange accepts no responsibility for entries not received. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Incomplete and/or late entries will not be accepted.
9. If any winner is unable for any reason to accept a prize or cannot be contacted by the 8th February 2012, Orange reserves the right to award the prize to another participant whose name will be drawn at random from all other eligible entries received.
10. Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative is available.
11. The decision made by Orange is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Orange reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this prize draw on reasonable notice.
13. The prize winners’ names will be available on request by sending a SAE to the promoter’s address and specifying which prize draw you are enquiring about.
14. Any queries relating to the prize draw should be directed to email@example.com
15. The winner may be required to take part in some publicity.
15. We will use your telephone number to contact you regarding this prize draw only, and will not use your phone number or email address to send you any advertisements or other communications. Nor will we share your details with any third parties. We may, however, contact you by SMS or email to ask you to complete a short survey about the Orange British Academy Film Awards. If you do not wish to be contacted about this survey, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The promoter is: Everything Everywhere Limited, referred to in these terms as “Orange”.
© Everything Everywhere Limited
Registered Office: Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW