• Overlord153 - December 18, 2010 3:56 a.m.

Another fine choice gr. But let's get to to the real stuff. The most failing of failed games this year. I think Tony Hawk Shred will be on that list.
  • TBag - December 18, 2010 3:46 a.m.

Mass Effect 2 loosing out to Red Dead is more disappointing than Charlies Halo:Reach review. JK...I love you Charlie. But Seriously RDR over Mass Effect 2 Brett I thought you had some pull at Games Radar, I must be wrong.
  • TheNesta - December 18, 2010 3:43 a.m.

Well... I did say it needed more NIER.
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 18, 2010 3:34 a.m.

RDR and ME2 are great choices, their spots are perfect. i'm glad you acknowledged FFXIII's menu system, i really like that. It was so pretty and smooth, and the whole leveling system with the crystal flowers was really neat, like a enhanced version of X's. Great article, with great awards and choices. So much better than the VGA!
  • conchking - December 18, 2010 3:28 a.m.

Just wait for the worst of the year awards. That is where the funny is at.
  • smellslikefish - December 18, 2010 3:27 a.m.

honestly, red dead became boring after the first week, and as someone who's played through me2 six times already, i know for sure my goty is mass effect 2. but i think it should have been a tie. giving mass effect 2 the short end seems unfair but also red dead getting the short end seems unfair. well, what a year, amirite?
  • Corsair89 - December 18, 2010 3:23 a.m.

I don't think I've ever agreed with an awards ceremony/article/whatever more than now. Bravo Gamesradar. Bravo.
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - December 18, 2010 3:05 a.m.

@NocturnalRight Muramasa won the Okami award in 2009. http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-platinum-chalice-awards-2009/a-2009121718458226099
  • NocturnalRight - December 18, 2010 2:59 a.m.

I'm surprised Muramasa didn't get the Okami award but you still made a good choice. I'm glad to see Darksiders and No more Heres 2 on this list because they were both insanely fun. I'd also have to agree that Kriby's epic Yarn was almost sickeningly adorable. Lastly, I really need to pick up Enslaved.
  • wiljohannes - December 18, 2010 2:51 a.m.

Americans LOVE their sandbox. Great to see FFXIII and enslaved there, beautiful games complety underrated.
  • lovinmyps3 - December 18, 2010 2:48 a.m.

The only one I disagree with is the GOTY. Don't get me wrong, I love Red Dead, but Mass Effect 2 was amazing. Bayonetta would have been my personal runner-up. Anyways, thanks for the article GR! Good to see that Final Fantasy XIII won TWO awards, as it was tied for my personal second runner-up with Red Dead. Suck it FFXIII haters! =P
  • Mode - December 18, 2010 2:48 a.m.

Holy... I actually agreed with everything. Is....is this good?
  • santaclouse37 - December 18, 2010 2:48 a.m.

I love reading these every year, and this time around I actually agree with most of the choices, or at least understand where all of them are coming from. Also, this all just really leaves me anticipating the Anti-Awards.
  • potpan0 - December 18, 2010 2:43 a.m.

Fallout:NV could have got the 'It doesn't actually suck' reward. So many people (mostly who haven't played it), upon hearing 'Fallout New Vegas' instanly think glitch and bug fest. But it is a lot better than that. (This is probably a bit biased though, just look at my avatar)
  • thing1amc - December 18, 2010 2:36 a.m.

WHAT?! STARCRAFT II GOTY FOR SURE! THEN ME2, THEN GALAXY 2, THEN RED DEAD!
  • PlainLikeVanilla - December 18, 2010 2:28 a.m.

No! You failed! Mass Effect 2 all the way!
  • CH3BURASHKA - December 18, 2010 2:27 a.m.

Great categories this year. Pretty funny that the GOTY choices of the staff and readers matched up exactly. It's been a great year, so much so that I've forgotten about many games. Can't wait to read the Preemptive GR Awards in a few weeks.
  • InsertChrisAntistaJokeHere - December 18, 2010 2:25 a.m.

We need moar awards!
  • MrDuracraft - December 18, 2010 2:22 a.m.

2010 did give us the vuvuzela... gah... OT: Very comprehensive list and I actually agreed with like 95% of it. And the 3DS can come gnikcuf fast enough!
  • Robusken - December 18, 2010 2:20 a.m.

Jesus its like you guys just grabbed everything amazing from this year and managed to stuff all that in one article. I agree with almost everything on this list especially: Just Cause 2, NMH2, Scott Pilgrim, Enslaved and a bunch of other stuff. After seeing that Deadly Premonition video I feel like I need to go buy it now...