Topics

Old-school

• TheElephantManchurianCandidate - April 14, 2011 11:39 a.m.

Loving MK week don't listen to the haters aka. Portal 2 fanboys
  • cyclone306 - April 14, 2011 noon

GODDAMN "KOMBAT WEEK". All week of this mortal kombat bullshit. How much is WB or whoever the fuck owns the rights paying you? Now I'm going to go buy this game EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EVEN LIKE FIGHTING GAMES, because I'm extremely susceptible to corporate properganda. This is exactly what happened to me with UMK3 on XBL I was like "oh shit I did have a lot of fun with MK 1 & 2 I should totally buy this." Play it for 10 minutes, lose to the easy computer and haven't played it since.
  • cyclone306 - April 14, 2011 12:03 p.m.

P.S. I guess that means these are kickass articles though...what I'd REALLY like to see is more character spotlights...*nudge nudge*
  • NightCrawler_358 - April 14, 2011 12:17 p.m.

this article was... kool. I'm still trying to decide between MK9 or Portal 2 on day one, I'm not sure which one will have more content. At first I was really excited fro P2, but now I'm kinda leaning on the MK side. guess I better "kollect some kash."
  • JetpackJesus - April 14, 2011 1:45 p.m.

@NinjaJamez Yeah, Kano and Sonya were both captured in MK2. The true reason Johnny Cage didn't appear was because his MK1 and 2 actor - Daniel Pasina - appeared in an advert for MK rival video game "Bloodstorm" dressed as Johnny Cage and making fun of Mortal Kombat. After he was fired, they decided to write Johnny Cage as dead in the canon storyline before he was revived. As for Scorpion, Daniel Pasina also played all of the ninja's in the first 2 MK's, hence none of the ninja's appeared in MK3, bar Sub-Zero who was replaced by a different actor. As for the storyline, well, I can't remember what it said for Scorpion not appearing in it, but yeah, they were all brought back by Mortal Kombat Trilogy.
  • philipshaw - April 14, 2011 1:55 p.m.

I love it when you do these sort of articles, also having the characters music from the MK album was a nice touch
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 14, 2011 2:11 p.m.

maybe its just me but the writer seems like a hardcore SF fan. im not saying thats a bad thing, but if youre doing a tribute article for MK maybe you shouldnt bash it continually saying SF was a better game. i know you cant talk about MK's history without talking about SF but still. other than that, good read.
  • mothbanquet - April 14, 2011 3 p.m.

You know, I never really gave much thought to the new MK but these excellent features have really whipped up my nostalgia real good. I now remember the insane amount of time I used to play MKII with mates after school and the trailers for the new one look pretty sweet. So, as with DNF, you lot are single handedly responsible for selling these games to me...
  • jmcgrotty - April 14, 2011 3:24 p.m.

(Only mentioned because someone in another comment asked about it. Not trying to post off-topic with it) Here is the complete history of Zelda: In 1986-87 (Depending on country), Nintendo released The Legend Of Zelda. Following that release, the series went downhill quick, with no other game released being worth playing.
  • TheMonarch - April 14, 2011 5:17 p.m.

Totally enjoying the recent MK love on Games Radar. I had the fortunate ability to play UMK3 free. My cousin won the actual cabinet from an EGM (I think) contest. He still has the game, it still works and is still fun to play every once and awhile.
  • Camo335 - April 14, 2011 5:39 p.m.

Am I the only one who LOVED the PS2 games?! Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon and Shaolin Monks were a LOT of FUN! VS DC did suck, though.
  • sternparez - April 14, 2011 8:37 p.m.

I'm totally on a nostalgia trip and am definitely going to pick up MK9 but does anyone else wish they'd gone for a more realistic look staying faithful to the originals?
  • taterboob - April 14, 2011 10:11 p.m.

No, no, no. You guys are crazy. Everybody knows that Raiden REALLY says "TIDY BUBBA GAAAAY!!!". I'm glad I could clear that up.
  • moan4stalone - April 15, 2011 2:41 p.m.

Something beter to report on? FINISH HIM JK