We Recommend

• MOOSE1234 - June 4, 2009 4:10 p.m.

GOW? MGS4? WTF?
  • Picnic1 - May 30, 2009 7:18 p.m.

Crash Team Racing is not just easily my favourite PS1 game, it's easily my favourite karting game, my favourite racing game ever and one of my favourite ADVENTURES (it feels like a proper adventure) ever so I would have put that as number 1. I haven't played very many Dreamcast games but surely Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Sonic Adventure or one of the Crazy Taxi games sum up Sega brilliance better than a fighting game.
  • Picnic1 - May 30, 2009 7:03 p.m.

The NES was an aged system in 1990 when it released its best game Super Mario 3. In the United Kingdom, more people were playing the Commodore Amiga because there was much greater variety of games from inventive studios (mostly British but a few from America) with much better graphics. I think that Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World deserve to be listed as the best SNES games. DKC is timelessly good looking for any console, not just of its generation. Banjo Kazooie is the top N64 game in my opinion. Metroid Prime is the top Cube game and number 2 should be the Resident Evil remake to me.
  • Forsakenday - May 26, 2009 2:50 p.m.

Sly Cooper was easily one of the best games for PS2 or Jak II or III. And there is no way Gears of War was the best for 360, that game was horrible. But the PS2 choices were messed up. Seriously I bet Okami sold around 8 copies.
  • GalenMarek - May 24, 2009 4:27 a.m.

Conman93 u r soo dumb. Windwaker link is on SSBB.
  • Chaotica - May 24, 2009 1:13 a.m.

Omg they ignored both of the disgaea series on ps2 they were way better then gta
  • RollinG - May 23, 2009 7:24 p.m.

you forgot the tiger game.com. It wasn't a great handheld, but it was a handheld. Also, Crash 3: Warped should be the top game for the PS1 imo. Finally beat it 100% last week after 10 years of it collecting dust. Still tons of fun and very satisfying.
  • otownoboi - May 23, 2009 2:32 p.m.

Wow, that was a walk through memory lane, espicially for the super nintendo. But personally, i think Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was the best for the super N.
  • solsunforge - May 23, 2009 7:44 a.m.

Im not knocking anyones opinions but when you state things as fact you should probably get the opinions of others then just in your office. Also wasnt phillips cdi a game system? Also wheres the ngage? Have you ever done a list of systems that were supposed to be that never were like phantoms project x. Anyways I like a few of your choices but it seems like you just got lazy with the computer games part as well and the apple 2. You forgot games that were classics in the 80's like oregon trail and where in the world is carmen san diego. The originals mind you. Anyway decent list of games and impressive amounts of systems you called up but I feel your research is lacking especially with the newer systems.
  • jcsnoopy - May 17, 2009 3:13 a.m.

Why is Rockband in the 360 slot for second best? Sure there was a mic, but then you have to put up with idiots who think they can sing! How did Halo3 not get on the list?
  • silvereye - May 10, 2009 6:03 p.m.

If you ask me, they should do another article like this for the top ten games on each of the current consoles and computer. Oh and I think Sonic Adventure should of been Dreamcast no1
  • fairlightprincess - May 4, 2009 1:45 a.m.

Ok...where did zelda go for the wii? Wii sports sucks and I found super mario galaxy not as entertaining but really good.
  • Danomeon - April 18, 2009 11:29 p.m.

My favorite game for the 360 is actually left 4 dead right now. It's my favorite ame of all time, as I've never had more fun in any game than I have had playing versus with my friends. And Valve is nice enough to give us free content, which is rare.
  • Sinsational - April 15, 2009 2 p.m.

I agree with most of it, (at least for the newer-gen stuff), but I have a few disagreements. 1st) I think SW: KOTOR should have been put on top. Sure, Halo's popular, but 2 killed my interest in the series. At least KOTOR had the story chops to be remembered far into the future, Halo 2's story makes me puke - not want to puke, but actually makes me puke. 2nd) I don't think GTA:SA should be the PS2's greatest game. I never had much love for the GTA series. I didn't see much point in buying the game. I played it for ten minutes, put down the controller and said "No thank you." There's plenty of other (better) games out there for the PS2 that could be defined as the greatest. FFX, God of War, Devil May Cry, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus... you get the point. Also, I loved Samurai Showdown. That's one of the only games I remember from the older gen gaming era that I payed for hours. Oh, and why does SoulBlade(PS1) never get any love? Sure it isn't the greatest of the system, but it's the progenitor of the whole damned series! This isn't directed towards your article, just an in general observation.
  • Pocho1031 - April 15, 2009 4:20 a.m.

Halo 3 and CoD should be in 360's best
  • squad441 - April 11, 2009 5:07 p.m.

metroid sucks
  • rv - April 10, 2009 3:53 p.m.

Alright article although Halo 3 should have well beaten Rockband for second place. Its one of the best selling games in the world and it only comes out on one platform.
  • battenfelder - April 1, 2009 3:26 a.m.

i agree Gears is the best on the 360, but Mass Effect deserves 2nd place! rock band is a multi console so it doesnt count!
  • VEGETO2X - March 31, 2009 11:24 p.m.

dude resistance retribution is way better than loco roco
  • demo117 - March 28, 2009 9:34 p.m.

wows