• blootoon2 - January 29, 2009 9:44 p.m.

why doesn' the ps2 have a (so far)?
  • Tonis181 - January 29, 2009 8:55 p.m.

Shouldnt guitar hero have been the secong greatest for the 360 or PS2. I mean it was the first and inspired rock band. I like rock band better but u should give credit were credit is do
  • Life - January 29, 2009 8:40 p.m.

Very good article. I've never even heard of some of these systems.
  • stroypa - January 29, 2009 8:27 p.m.

runescape for the win! actualy i dont like runescape i just wanted 2 annoy factcat bcos WoW isnt a game its an unhealthy absession! I mean i saw a motorbike the other day which had a WoW paintjob! get a life looser. i like games as much as the next guy and i can get obsessed at times but WoW just totally takes the biscuit in terms of pepl getting obsessed. I think the pepl who play it wuld rather lose their testicles than totally lose their accounts. anyways now that ive finished my WoW rant i think that okami 2nd on ps2 was a poo decision and at least 1 football game should b on ther or mayb ther was but i didnt see it. and by football i dont mean stupid "american football" i mean the proper english version which the americans stole the name from. i mean y call a game football which predominantly requires the use of your hands? and i actually do like american football btw its just i dont like calling it football. we should call it "Yankee ball" anyways as i was saying im a big yankee ball fan come on u cardinals! also LBP shuldn't b 2nd 4 ps3 it shuldnt even b in the top 100. its a platformer with querky graphics and querky this and querky that. the only reason pepl say its good is 2 b snooty. thats right they all want 2 b big twats sticking up their noses in the air saying "its sooo original" but its not all theyve done is make a game which leaves u feeling empty inside. Just 4 the record im not some idiot who says things without trying the thing that he is bashing bcos ive got LBP and after playing the first 4 levels i felt like i was 5 bcos its agame 4 little kids and belongs on the piss opps i mean wee, I MEAN WII.d
  • chewbroccli - January 29, 2009 8:24 p.m.

Okami was great. it deserves the second place it got.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - January 29, 2009 7:33 p.m.

No Matt I'm with you, Phantasy Star was an easy winner on Master System.
  • theatticusera - January 29, 2009 7:03 p.m.

the reason the colecovision had a better donkey kong was because they had the console rights and actually made the other two versions and made them inferior. Some say on purpose....
  • ssj4raditz - January 29, 2009 6:38 p.m.

@miiketakashi: Hell yeah! I had me an Amiga 500!
  • miiketakashi - January 29, 2009 6:24 p.m.

Yep.. you forgot the Commodore Amiga!
  • deathrebellion - January 29, 2009 5:29 p.m.

OK i agree with al,ost the full list though the desicion of not putting Crash Bandicoot in the top position for the PSone wuzn't a gud one ask anyone who ever owened a PSone if the haven't played Crash and loved it Also i totally agree to the PS2 choices Okami wuz damn Emotional
  • Jordo141 - January 29, 2009 5:06 p.m.

Where the heck is Uncharted for the PS3?
  • triforcerpgfreek - January 29, 2009 4:35 p.m.

You should have put Legend of zelda ocarina of time down as the best N64 game or at least the second you pick 007 over zelda come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bulletbill23 - January 29, 2009 3:32 p.m.

I had the game gear and those were the only two games i ever played on it. Great list and i agree with all your choices.
  • darkmagshin - January 29, 2009 11:37 a.m.

yeah, i agree with most of that stuff except for the stuff i haven't played yet so wouldn't know anyways. i agree that super mario 64 is one of the best games on N64, however there are many that hold a CLOSE second place. ocarina of time is good and so is goldeneye, but for some reason majora's mask was my other favorite game of the N64. That means alot because the n64 was my favorite system and the first game console i ever got. i have 3 of them and they all still work :P as for psp, i'm shocked that you didn't put any of the gta games on the list, however i can't really comment on your decisions since i haven't played either of those games.
  • Cernunnos - January 29, 2009 11:03 a.m.

i think i must disagree on N64, GBA and DS. i feel goldeneye was far better than super mario 64, but thats just me. furthermore, Golden Sun is by far THE best games nintendo has ever published. and on the DS i think FFIV was better than phantom hourglass, and certainly better than SMB, especially seing as SM64DS is also better than that. kingdom hearts should also be the best game for ps2.
  • nintenflo - January 29, 2009 9:08 a.m.

would mostly agree, but where r resi evil 4 & f zero gx on gamecube and also surely shenmue was the greatest dreamcast game!!!
  • ssj4raditz - January 29, 2009 8:21 a.m.

Nice call on Okami being 2nd on PS2. And, good God, I played those Commodore 64 games, now I feel old...
  • TastyCakesMcgee - January 29, 2009 6:34 a.m.

Really good article. I personally don't agree with the Xbox 360 one, but defiantely most all the rest.
  • Bootsiuv - January 29, 2009 6:28 a.m.

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of these games (almost all of the top nintendo ones in fact) came out very early in the consoles lifetime? I think we all can agree that the average life of a console is ~5 years, and many of these games came out when the system debuted or shortly there-after. Does that mean that we've already seen the best that PS3 and 360 have to offer? Thank goodness I'm a pc gamer now....
  • Laini - January 29, 2009 6:06 a.m.

Ah Dizzy, that takes me back. Those games are classics. People who remember the Dizzy series have been saying for years that it'd make a great GBA/DS games and yet still Codemasters does nothing. Shame really, grew up playing those games on the ole Spectrum