• familiarrealms - March 4, 2010 2 p.m.

@ Vagrant, lol i agree with the fact that everyone argues who should be with cloud. For those that do argue, you obviously havent played crisis core. The only reason aerith fancied cloud a little is because she is blates infactuated with Zack. And obviously, cloud, at first, believes he is zack and that zacks memories are his. Great article GR sensible choices for the article.
  • Vagrant - March 4, 2010 12:17 p.m.

Ah, my mistake. Sorry.
  • drako691 - March 4, 2010 10:51 a.m.

@Vagrant they didnt include FF tactics because its a spinoff, read the top and it sez it wont include side story villains. @cwf youve never played the main series, have you?(excluding FFXI, not the best imo) great article, sephiroth was predictable but still no. 1 for good reason
  • Vagrant - March 4, 2010 10:13 a.m.

No Final Fantasy Tactics villains? Ramza's brother could totally be on there. (he's way better than Vayne) Sin was a fascinating idea for a villain. Kinda ruined it in the game, but the idea of just this unstoppable, unkillable force just showing up and killing people, considered God's punishment for global sins. Kefka is just straight up the best. He seems no less shallow than Sephiroth, but instead of being entirely powerful and consequentialist, Kefka was much more human with his cowardice, spite and raw evil. I heart me some FFVII but Sephiroth isn't that good. Although he's presented brilliantly. The slow discovery in the ShinRa building, the Nibelheim flashback, following him across the world, etc. It's incredible dramatic effectiveness. But after the Nibelheim incident when he starts absorbing the Lifestream and evidently learns the truth about Jenova, suddenly he goes all power mad and decides to become a god and kill the entire planet to do so. They put all the red herrings about Jenova, but basically he's just greedy and wants god powarz. There's no real motivation or anything beyond that. He's a shallow villain. Unfortunately a lot of FFVII fans, the likes of whom like the Compilation, and argue over Aeris and Tifa being with Cloud, they just go "OMG HE'S SHINY AND AWESOME/HOT!" Which is why about 75% of the fanbase doesn't even understand the story and makes everyone hate on the original game.
  • Clickshark - March 4, 2010 8:29 a.m.

Interesting list. Pleased to see sin, relieved to see Kefta and Sephiroth.
  • xDxP - March 4, 2010 5:19 a.m.

I'm surprised that FF VII is getting such high praise this week for all the negativity it seems to spur from the guys on Tdar.
  • infestedandy - March 4, 2010 3:16 a.m.

@Cwf2008 Clearly, my friend, you've missed an era.
  • Cwf2008 - March 4, 2010 3:07 a.m.

To hell with final fantasy i dont see what all the hype about it is
  • Corsair89 - March 4, 2010 2:57 a.m.

Yeah, the last minute main villain swap really pisses me off, which is why I don't like FFIV as much as I could have(don't get me wrong, I still love FFIV) But yeah, Sephiroth is the best.
  • solidsnake_5552000 - March 4, 2010 2:22 a.m.

Oh my bad, It has been officially declared now.
  • Zeipher - March 4, 2010 2:22 a.m.

@MetalGearFlaccid Read the article, clown.
  • solidsnake_5552000 - March 4, 2010 2:20 a.m.

This week should have been declared the final fantasy week, because unofficially I declare it is.
  • MetalGearFlaccid - March 4, 2010 1:42 a.m.

And Kefka lost to Sephiroth why...?
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - March 4, 2010 1:38 a.m.

I agree, Sephiroth at the top is predictable, but he didn't gain this notoriety by being a cookie-cutter villain. I think the text rationalizes the choice pretty well. It's also on a scale of murderousness (dial M for it), and he does kill a crapton of people.
  • Kenzo - March 4, 2010 12:49 a.m.

sephiroth, saw it coming
  • evilmonkeyturds - March 4, 2010 12:14 a.m.

Kuja, from FF9 for one simple reason. I spent days trying to figure out if it was a man or woman. You don't do that to a teenage boy that is just going through puberty. That is true villiany.
  • rynmls - March 4, 2010 12:02 a.m.

nice articles covering Final Fantasy series one of my favorite games... nice work gamesradar
  • CrashmanX - March 4, 2010 12:01 a.m.

I am honestly surprised by this and the previous article. Both are quite well written compared to what I was thinking they would be. Plus both of my favorite characters placed relativity high in both of them (Celcil #1 and Golbez #4).
  • Twizinator - March 3, 2010 11:57 p.m.

dunno if i should be following the week o' FF, cause i've never played a FF (unless you count FFXI, in which case you're dead to me)
  • BigBoss11 - March 3, 2010 11:55 p.m.

Very good list, was hoping Kefka was one and Sephiroth was two but after reading your reasons I can definately agree with you.