It was the battle of the horrors this weekend across the pond, and The Final Destination scored a resounding victory with a surprising - for a fourth series entry - $28.3 million.
The 3D release bested both Inglorious Basterds - which slipped to second place with $20 million and Rob Zombie's second stab at Michael Myers story with Halloween 2, arriving with $17.4 million at third.
Fourth place saw District 9 making $10.7 million, while G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra dropped to fifth with $8 million.
The only other wide release, Ang Lee's Taking Woodstock, flopped on entry with $3.7 million in ninth place. Must've taken the brown acid...
Your top 10, then...
- The Final Destination ($28.3 million)
- Inglourious Basterds ($20 million)
- Halloween 2 ($17.4 million)
- District 9 ($10.7 million)
- G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra ($8 million)
- Julie & Julia ($7.4 million)
- The Time Traveller's Wife ($6.7 million)
- Shorts ($4.8 million)
- Taking Woodstock ($3.7 million)
- G-Force ($2.8 million)
[Data Source: Box Office Mojo ]