• Japanaman - March 22, 2011 3:54 p.m.

To me, there were only 4 really good games on the system and all of them were super cheap. The Virtual Boy was like $30 at Wal-Mart which came with Mario Tennis which was a good game for its time. Then Toys R Us had Red Alarm, Teleroboxer, and Galactic Pinball for $10 each. I rarely saw any other titles anywhere for sale, but there wasn't anything worth buying unless you just had to have a Mario or Wario game for the system.
  • philipshaw - March 22, 2011 12:09 p.m.

Oh my eyes
  • AuthorityFigure - March 22, 2011 8:39 a.m.

I've been promoting Mario Clash for years and years.
  • super0sonic - March 22, 2011 8:29 a.m.

I have really been enjoying these articles but i was not expecting to see VB. To be honest it makes a lot of sense.
  • EroticInvisibleMan - March 22, 2011 6:57 a.m.

http://www.sydlexia.com/top100vb.htm I prefer this list.
  • 59009Upsidedown - March 22, 2011 5:01 a.m.

I spent so many hours playing red alarm. I thought galactic pinball was good as well, but that might just be nostalgia talking
  • KarateJezus - March 22, 2011 2:12 a.m.

I remember the only reason I got a virtual boy was because I found one on sale at Toys R Us that was marked about 75% off. It came with Teleroboxer and I played the hell out of that game and got so into that when I finally pulled my head away from the virtual boy, it felt like my eyes were sweating from the strain of trying to cope with the hellacious tints of red and black... And although I can probably attribute my loss of vision, in some way or another, back to the virtual boy; I did have a whole lot of fun playing Teleroboxer the one or two nights it took to beat it.
  • DVTClark - March 22, 2011 1:51 a.m.

my goodness, I was wondering what that Jack Frost was doing in the picture, so they were all from the older Atlus games eh? wow, that's awesome, and uh,, my eyes, goggles do nothing! haven't said or heard this in awhile.
  • Silentboy - March 22, 2011 1:48 a.m.

Weren't there only like 5 games for the Virtual Boy anyway?
  • Im2awesome - March 22, 2011 1:48 a.m.

Bah, shoulda had Mario Tennis on this list too :D But the others were just as good, and you left Red Alert up there, so I forgive you. I loved the Bomberman game on there too, even if it was just a tetris puzzle rip-off.
  • hester2 - March 22, 2011 1:38 a.m.

Jesus, the screenshots hurt my eyes. I can't believe I used to own one of these. Correction: I still own it, it's in the attic back at my parents' house.
  • gopikmin - March 22, 2011 1:28 a.m.

I thought you already did a similar article
  • garnsr - March 22, 2011 12:50 a.m.

I may have played a demo at a Toys R Us, but otherwise I never touched a VB. It came out long after I felt like I needed to love Nintendo.
  • RebornKusabi - March 22, 2011 12:25 a.m.

I played 3 out of 5 games on this list (Teleroboxer, Jack Bros. and Wario Land) and they were indeed great games. My favorite of those three was Teleroboxer because of it's Punch-Out!! vibe (Arcade version specifically), your left and right hands were controlled by the D-Pads which was pretty neat and unique and your death animation/"Game Over" screen was incredibly awesome (Metroid Prime had a quite similar game over screen as well). Other than that, I predict the 3DS is going to have a better reception than Virtual Boy did... Hell, the pre-release reception to the original DS was just as "interesting" as the reception has been so far towards the 3DS anyways lol
  • thecakeisapie - March 22, 2011 12:06 a.m.

just looking at these still frames strains my eyes. i can't imagine having a device strapped to my head and playing this
  • Nap1400 - March 21, 2011 11:42 p.m.

Uh...yeah, I'll just wait for the best GBC games list. The atrocity that was the Virtual Boy is not a subject I like to bring up, even if the list is complimenting it.
  • WelcomeGhosts10 - March 21, 2011 11:26 p.m.

Very nice! I had all of these except for Jack Bros. I can remember very vividly sitting at my kitchen table trying to lean in to see the games and how awkward it was for my neck and back, but the whole time I loved every minute of it especially Red Alert! Though, I am sad that Mario Tennis was not on the list, I was a huge fan of it :D
  • Rubberducky - March 21, 2011 10:58 p.m.

I remember wanting one of these. Seeing how just looking at the screenshots above kinda makes me squint I can imagine that actually playing the game would've been like jamming pencils into my brain...
  • Baron164 - March 21, 2011 10:30 p.m.

Man, Mario Tennis on the Virtual Boy is still one of my favorite in that series. Also VTetris and Galatic Pinball were also really good if not very unique.
  • CatrParrot - March 21, 2011 9:56 p.m.

I didn't realize there were even five VB games worth mentioning.