We Recommend

• 510BrotherPanda - February 10, 2011 10:40 a.m.

There are a couple of spelling/grammatical errors in this article, in the Wesker, Viewtiful Joe, and Spider Man sections... and maybe a few others... Still, it's a very concise and nicely-made list article, Henry/Brett.
  • liquidbings - February 10, 2011 8:33 a.m.

why is the roster almost 20 less characters than MvC2? Thats what I want to know....thats a serious difference in numbers!
  • NanoElite666 - February 10, 2011 6:43 a.m.

I've never been one much for fighting games in the past, but dammit if this site's coverage of this game hasn't piqued my interest in it. Now I guess all that remains is to see if I actually go out and pick it up once it's out.
  • Ridureyu - February 10, 2011 6:30 a.m.

CORRECTION: Technically, Shuma-Gorath first appeared in a mention in the Robert E. Howard Kull the Conqueror story, "The Curse of the Golden Skull." Golden Skull was published in 1967, but as Robert E. Howard died in 1936, the story had obviously been written before then. This makes Shuma-Gorath, in one form or another, older than Superman. Also: Robert E. Howard and H. P. Lovecraft were penpals and often swapped ideas back and forth. Thus, there exists the distinct possibility that, on some level, Shuma-Gorath is an actual Lovecraft creation.* *His appearance in the story was basically a mention/background cameo, so don't assume that it was the smae as the big ole' octopus. But hey, he was a crab-spider thing in the Conan comics, anyway.
  • sgloomy - February 10, 2011 6:02 a.m.

@NightCrawler_358 Every time I imagine Nightcrawler, i have this image of his level 5 super where he is constantly teleporting and beating the crap out of the other guy [or girl, alien, robot, etc.] as they stand there confused and helpless, kind of like that move flash has in MKvsDCU, but you know, a good version of it!
  • GameManiac - February 10, 2011 5:55 a.m.

I guess only so many characters can be included. I'm glad Zero is in MvC3. What a shame that Phoenix Wright isn' in here. Of course, what else can he do besides yell "OBJECTION!"
  • Crimmy - February 10, 2011 5:35 a.m.

Agree with first sentence: WHERE THE F*CK IS MY MEGA MAN! Also, I love using Captain Commando in MvC 2, so that would be nice.
  • tuomotaivainen - February 10, 2011 5:14 a.m.

Well, there goes me buying this on day one. Here's hoping Megaman gets brought in as DLC. That's when I'll buy the game (and Megaman DLC) :)
  • lovinmyps3 - February 10, 2011 5:01 a.m.

I'm really happy C. Viper made it in, she's been my main character for the last few months in IV. Can't wait for this to come out!
  • 5DollarFootlong - February 10, 2011 4:44 a.m.

goddammit tuesday can't come any sooner. i'm so hype for this game. i should start stacking up on pringles.
  • NightCrawler_358 - February 10, 2011 3:52 a.m.

@sgloomy I know right!? he can stick to walls, attack with his tail, do all sorts of acorbatics, teleport as a special move, its all things that they can and have done with old characters! and whodoesn't love him!? Also, I love Mega Man, but Zero makes for a cooler, more interesting character, who fits the gameplay better. Last, but not least, i hope Chris uses more "boulder punching" techniques in the game.
  • FIVE - February 10, 2011 3:26 a.m.

Where the hell is Leon Kennedy? He's way cooler then chris in my opinion. Besides who wouldn't want to see them fight each other?
  • JetpackJesus - February 10, 2011 2:51 a.m.

Needs more Jean Reno.
  • Personamanxx - February 10, 2011 2:50 a.m.

@BurntToShreds: I would actually love JJJ as a joke character. Even get JK Simmons to voice him and all.
  • BurntToShreds - February 10, 2011 2:43 a.m.

J. Jonah Jameson has to be a top-secret joke character. Also, I wish they went with the Mega Man Zero version of Zero. Those boob-lights are annoying :/ Whatever, you can't please everyone.
  • ShrimpyMan - February 10, 2011 2:43 a.m.

wait a minute... where the frig is Mega Man?! >:(
  • shawksta - February 10, 2011 2:34 a.m.

At First I was Meh, But Im happy for the Roster, Butt Hurt People need to just get over it and accept this roster and just have fun. We never asked and Bitched over MVC2 because it was so huge everybody's making a fuss about MVC3's Characters, Just get over it guys and get ready to enjoy this thing!
  • shawksta - February 10, 2011 2:26 a.m.

@Joshnix whats wrong with you,Didnt you read? They were originally gonna put ALL 4 Fantastic 4 members but it would take too much space and since Super Skrull has Powers from ALL OF THEM, Super Skrull said hi
  • shawksta - February 10, 2011 2:24 a.m.

I cant wait for this Game! Guys, Frank was IN THE GAME AT SOME POINT, its proven by the Episode 2 trailer with him being the pilot. Capcom confirmed it but he was removed because his moves from TvC needed more time to be Fixed for MvC3, so expect DLC. Also They Confirmed having Interest In giving Phoenix Wright a Moveset and then making him a DLC. LOL brett at your Nathan comment XD
  • g4m3rk1dd - February 10, 2011 2:02 a.m.

"So, MvC3 gets Tron Bonne and Zero, but no Mega Man?!?!" I KNOW RIGHT?! WTF IS THAT they needed to include ALL of the characters that they usually include AND put in new characters... megaman was half the reason i wanted to buy the game D: