• Hurricrane - October 28, 2009 12:45 a.m.

omg, Wideload's response to Lieberman just made my week, I had never heard that before
  • TestDDs - October 28, 2009 1 a.m.

Zombies are the greatest pandemic ever in history Scientist should invent a disease that makes dead arise and is spread like AIDS. If i become President or Prime Minister i would invest all tax payer money into the development of the bamf disease hell yeah!!!!!!!
  • Samael - October 28, 2009 1:15 a.m.

@Doctalen Wow...I could not disagree more. While Weeks was a very good sequel and Imogen Poots is stunningly beautiful in it, it did not have the heart the Days had. Also wanted to state how much I HATE intelligent zombies. It takes all the fun out of them. If you have smart zombies, why not just have the characters fight normal humans. Can't stand it. Lastly, thanks for informing me about "The Dead Shall Inherit The Earth". It sounds awesome, but "The Blackest Heart" sounds even better. Eh, I'll just get both.
  • RedBandit - October 28, 2009 1:21 a.m.

No Rob Zombie..... Really??
  • evilgoat420 - October 28, 2009 1:47 a.m.

I m with cadbury. No The Walking Dead love? for shame, i thought it would be mentioned because you obviously know your zombie.
  • Conman93 - October 28, 2009 1:51 a.m.

I remember tarman. He creeped me out. Shaun of the dead= BEST MOVIE EVER!! I have to see the evil dead! GO RESI!!
  • batman5273 - October 28, 2009 2:20 a.m.

Very good article, Tyler Captcha: Pittsburgh Babylon
  • TKTOWA - October 28, 2009 2:34 a.m.

No mention of Dead Alive? Not only is it an amazing zombie movie, but it's by Peter Jackson and holds the record for goriest movie EVER made.
  • slapdatass - October 28, 2009 2:34 a.m.

No Brain Dead (or Dead Alive for Americans) by Peter Jackson? Aww. I'd put a lawnmower above even a chainsaw for zombie slayage...
  • gyromne - October 28, 2009 2:45 a.m.

Dead Alive missed your cut also.
  • BlackElement17 - October 28, 2009 2:48 a.m.

A comprehensive list, my only objections are the absence of "The Zombie Survival Guide" "World War Z" and "The Walking Dead"
  • AlpineGuy - October 28, 2009 3:03 a.m.

There's certainly a good list here, but I have to agree with the users: World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide are staples in zombie literature. Max Brooks does an excellent job of making zombies relevant, even to non-fans. But like I said earlier, it's still a pretty well-researched and exhaustive article.
  • skyguy343 - October 28, 2009 3:06 a.m.

okay, its already been said a lot but world war Z. frighteningly realistic, incredibly compelling, oddly paced at times but a fantastic read no less. the zombie survival as well. can not wait until the world war Z movie.
  • GearsofRabies - October 28, 2009 3:45 a.m.

Gee sure is march around here!
  • GearsofRabies - October 28, 2009 3:46 a.m.

Gee sure is march around here!
  • jar-head - October 28, 2009 4:29 a.m.

Evil Dead was a pretty good series...
  • helix92 - October 28, 2009 10:16 a.m.

I'm shoked that you didn't mention Zombieland, Braindead, World War Z or Marvel Zombies
  • EDfromRED - October 28, 2009 10:42 a.m.

Good article, I'm eager to check out the novels you listed.I saw a clip of tha Zombie vs Shark fight before, but I didn't know the origin, I'm gratefull I finally know the source. I would have included "World War Z" on the list of Zombie tomes though, and filmwise, the Zak Snyder, Dawn of the Dead
  • moredhel_1 - October 28, 2009 11:39 a.m.

Awesome, awesome, awesome article Tyler! always great to see Zombies in the spotlight. BTW, I live right across the street from a cemetery - I'm in trouble, yeah?
  • Shrody - October 28, 2009 12:41 p.m.

I am very happy to see The Rising on this list, great read and grittier than a bag of sand in an oil drum. I love the Dead movies by Romero, but seriously put Land of the Dead at #4? That movie was awful.