Topics

Sony

• garnsr - October 18, 2010 10:46 p.m.

I didn't get a PS2 until after GTA 3 came out. I played it a few years ago, after Vice City and San Andreas came out, and it was almost like controlling PS1 games, the camera control was really goofy after getting used to using the right stick easily for so long. I'd like a revamped version of the PS2 trilogy, with current controls. I'm anxious to see what the next year holds, I think I got my PS2 in 2002, but I can't remember what I got.
  • AwesomeA1010 - October 18, 2010 10:43 p.m.

SSX deserves more love, the sequel was the best snowboarding game made... well, ever, since the genre has died SSX really is awesome :)
  • batmanboy11 - October 18, 2010 10:43 p.m.

MGS2 is my favourite of these. Good list though.
  • McSpermie - October 18, 2010 10:28 p.m.

I hope you guys go to at least 2008, see some PERSONA
  • AGENTJORRRG - October 18, 2010 10:16 p.m.

GTA 3, Silent Hill 2, THPS3, and GT3 are good, rest are not even slightly
  • Jacko415 - October 18, 2010 10:10 p.m.

GTA III WAS THE SHIT BACK THEN! i would always go over to my friends house to play it cause my mom wouldn't let me get it hahaha.
  • Nonstop17 - October 18, 2010 10:10 p.m.

i remember when i first saw the GTA 3 trailer i was so excited..great memories
  • revrock - October 18, 2010 10:05 p.m.

hmmnnnn.... no Fantavision? Ya ever think that maybe the whole Y2K thing (the new millennium, not just the end of the world deal) put a damper on the Dreamcast and helped the PS2? I mean didn't everything pre Y2K just seem so antiquated? Also, too bad Okami didn't come out in ought zero or ought one so it could be on this list. I await its positon at the top of 2006's list.
  • n00b - October 18, 2010 10:03 p.m.

damn my nintendo fanboyism!!! i missed out on so much. i just completed Silent Hill 2 and enjoyed it very much. In all the years after silent hill 2, its story still holds up and surpasses a majority of the video game and movie stories written today.
  • Haxorz - October 18, 2010 10 p.m.

SSX, good times with that game, but still love tricky more do to it's soundtrack.
  • Phazon117 - October 18, 2010 9:57 p.m.

I still say that Pro Skater 4 is better than 3. It just is.
  • paganpoet - October 18, 2010 9:56 p.m.

I'm so glad that finally MGS2 was mentioned and there is no picture of naked Raiden with his hand over his crotch.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - October 18, 2010 9:54 p.m.

@frog Because something else is going on next week. Something we've done for a few years in a row now... Plus it's always lame to keep celebrating something once the day itself is over. The actual anniversary is next Tuesday, so everything after that is like writing about Christmas movies in January.
  • Lolo - October 18, 2010 9:46 p.m.

It's lists like these that keep me coming back to games radar. Oh and the awesome reviews, "Is it better than?", the game music features, and much more. I can't wait for the rest of the series. May I suggest a similar series for other consoles?
  • frogfromchronotriggerisactuallyjesus - October 18, 2010 9:31 p.m.

not trying to criticize, but why would you have a week dedicated to the PS2's 10th anniversary of its NA launch when it isn't until next week? ESPECIALLY considering that its the NES' 25th anniversary TODAY. why wouldn't you save the PS2 themed week for next week and the NES week for this week if you were going to do a themed week?
  • EvidentDead - October 18, 2010 9:30 p.m.

It surprises me how great some of these still look today (some more than others) but to tell the truth, it doesn't even feel like its been that long ago when these were new, and in the loop. Almost 10 years! Children were born, and are going to school between now and when the games on this list came out!
  • F4G1TR0N - October 18, 2010 9:28 p.m.

Lol didn't know ffX was that old :o