Topics

TalkRadar

• foxyexplosion - July 16, 2010 8:52 p.m.

I follow one of the artists working on the new thundercats show on devart and you guys should be excited for the new take. I think its going to be amazing and a crazy utilization of new technologies. These are only things i think and though you may be jaded from your childhood memories that really werent that good, its gonna be tight yo. barbusse generalissimo
  • kneehighsocks - July 16, 2010 8:47 p.m.

Listen to the podcast! It is the best part of my week! Sadly being born in the early 90's I only recognized a few of these.
  • thor0997 - July 16, 2010 6:41 p.m.

IF a clip is 50 minutes long then im glad you didnt use a snippet.
  • CoolBowling - July 16, 2010 5:08 p.m.

I loved listening to this on the podacast.
  • Weirdjedi - July 16, 2010 5:02 p.m.

The real podcast is 150minutes long? It was like watching a movie. What a ride. Although, I was hoping that the winners of the Persona 3 contest would have been announced. I guess you can only squeeze in so much. Plucky o' Brothers and Lemmings references brought back good memories.
  • Weirdjedi - July 16, 2010 2:54 p.m.

I remember watching every episode of most of these shows, but I don't remember what the actual episodes were about. The sheer mention of the shows makes me giggle with joy, but I don't know why. Must have been that coolness of what shows used to be like before all of the modern reality live action shows came up. Anyone remember Toonami? Man that was awesome.
  • philipshaw - July 16, 2010 9:52 a.m.

That was awesome even though I only knew the 90's stuff
  • AngryScotsman - July 16, 2010 9:21 a.m.

It's hardly a clip if it's 50 minutes long. That's the length of most other (inferior, naturally) podcasts.
  • camelfro - July 16, 2010 4:33 a.m.

this is awesome and congrats batman5273 for awesome art!
  • batman5273 - July 16, 2010 3:47 a.m.

WOW, I totally wasn't expecting this article. I feel so absolutely honored to have my photoshop art used not only in the article but as the pic for the YouTube video. It was an absolutely pleasure to make. I was listening to the podcast with paper and pencil and as the answers were revealed I would jot them down. Then it was time to hunt google for the proper images. Some of the older cartoons like Rocket Robin Hood were tough to find. A few others like Swat Kats, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and Inhumanoids I had to take art off of DVD covers and wallpapers. Once I found the pics that I was happy with, it was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. I tried to keep scale consistant and match the peoples actions on the best location. I moved some guys around through trial and error but overall I was happy with the results. The TalkRadar Podcast is the greatest and as always I am just greatful for the opportunity to once again contribute. PS My wife wants to know if Gamesradar can just hire me for art. I promise to do everything Cheryll tells me to! LOL
  • Thuperman - July 16, 2010 3:20 a.m.

Man this was full of win i watched so many of these shows. I would have to agree that cowboy bebop had an awesome theme song and i really miss watching gargoyles, swat cats, and freakazoid (is that how you spell that?) Also what happened to samurai jack? I feel like it just disapeared
  • Spybreak8 - July 16, 2010 3:20 a.m.

I have no trepidation, I love and listen to all of the non boring podcasts of TalkRadar! This was great btw even though some of these I didn't know.
  • evilrainbow7 - July 16, 2010 2:48 a.m.

(Gasp!) Most of these characters brings back great memories!
  • YesWeCantista - July 16, 2010 2:33 a.m.

Loved the quiz, brought back so many memories! I'de personally like to see what someone could do with the license to the early 90s TV show Ronin Warriors. The show really doesnt quite hold up these days, but it reminds me alot of Captain Planet, minus the forced multiculturalism of course
  • gamer71525 - July 16, 2010 2:03 a.m.

love all these shows. Thanks for the memories. @ robovski, These were awesome cartoons there is no shame in knowing them all. thanks for all the people out there that post these shows on youtube.
  • Metroidhunter32 - July 16, 2010 1:21 a.m.

I recognized 6 people on that wallpaper. Only one that I'd still watch today would be Samuri Jack. God, that was a good show.
  • robovski - July 16, 2010 1:14 a.m.

Ditto on the clip comment - if that's a clip how long is the original?
  • robovski - July 16, 2010 1:13 a.m.

God I'm such a sad loser that I knew them all.
  • Valntyne - July 16, 2010 1:01 a.m.

Here's a comment for the Hell of it.
  • Cyberninja - July 16, 2010 12:56 a.m.

i dont think this counts as a clip.