PC | Submitted by alex smithUltimate Guide
Possible CIA Moles
Dept. Director - Eugene Warhurst
Senior Analysts - Steve Collins
Sci. & Tech Support - Jamie Seaton
Dir. of Central Intel. - Peter Sterling
OPERATION EAGLE SHIELD
Advisor - William Colby
Moscow Station Chief - Maxine Foster
Dir. of Training & Edu. - Francis Milkovsky
Weapons Prod. & Dir. - Giovanni Negron
Administrator - Peter Hanlon
Tech Staff - Darren Cohen
Tech Staff - Kate Magruder
Tech Staff - Lee Tae Sung
pycraft Tips - Washington
1. The license plate # is 2GGX829
2. There are 6 tanks on.
3. All you have to do in the Zone is get to the ‘X’.
4. Go directly forward as fast as possible and then click on the beacon.
FIRST THINGS FIRST
In your briefing, you were given important instructions on the nature of
your mission ... to protect the President.
* There is a pressing matter at hand, right here in DC.
* Find out more about a killer on the loose.
* Analyze the video of the Dubanski assassination first.
* Go to your office and fire up your computer.
* Access the K.A.T.
* This looks more complicated than it is (thank goodness!). Simply zoom in
on the windows and find any suspicious looking characters.
* Use the Mix and Match tool.
* When using Mix and Match, I found it easiest to start with the hair on
the head and face. Then fine tune the face shape and the rest of the
* You'll know you've got it right when you've found a match.
* Read all about the person you've found.
* Report your findings.
WHAT WEAPON WAS USED?
* Zoom in on the podium area for a closer look.
* Using keen observation, you can see this wasn't an ordinary weapon.
* Notice all of the tiny little holes?
* Someone also told you the shot could not be heard.
* Read the description of all the weapons.
* The weapon you're looking for is silent and uses projectile shots.
* Read carefully about the Pulse Electric Gun.
* Don't forget to file a report on your findings.
WHO STOLE THE WEAPON?
* Taking written notes here will help you through this section.
* First, read the bios.
* On the calendars, check out the elevator access and analyze the voices on
all of them.
* One voice doesn't match -- there's an imposter here!
* The imposter accessed the elevator on the 24th.
* Which one of the people never uses elevators?
* In Dr. Cohen's calendar, analyze the voice from the 24th and use Mix and
Match on the photo.
* Read all about Wayne Allen and file your report.
* You're not done yet, however. Find Wayne Allen's accomplice!
* Report all of your findings.
HOW DO I FIND THE ACCOMPLICE?
* Go back to the Security Model and concentrate on Dr. Cohen.
* Listen to his phone conversations and write down the addresses.
* Dr. Cohen got a phone call a few days before Wayne Allen stepped in.
* The person who called lead the Doctor into a trap.
* A rendezvous was arranged between the Doctor and his girlfriend.
* The girlfriend is the accomplice. Who is she?
* You must now analyze the phone call from 6:10 PM on the 22nd.
* Analyzing the entire message will get you nowhere.
* Isolate just a portion of the message so her voice can be recognized.
* Highlight only the portion "Friday Late" until you get a match. A red
folder will appear.
* Click on the red folder. Read about her.
* Report: Ying, 2314 E. Rockland St., Washington D.C.
HOW DO I FIND YING?
* In your office, you'll find a bunch of items sitting on your desk.
* Spies do have time for light reading and playing computer games!
* Download the books from EBCM. Play Shanghai and solve one puzzle to
reveal a secret message.
* Pick up the evidence from your keyboard and click it on your computer
* Decode Ying's sticky note.
* You must have some tools at your disposal that the others don't, since
they tried already.
* Didn't you pick up something recently?
* Try the section under Beale A-B. One of those books looks familiar.
* Select Beowulf.
HOW DO I DOCTOR THE PHOTO?
* This is one of the hardest puzzles to solve because all items in the
photograph must look real.
* Raven must be convinced that this is Grendel and that he is in custody.
* Various hints have been given in your reading to help you choose the
* Resize the items so they look correct in size, shape, and proportion.
* They also must be positioned correctly on the photo.
WHAT ITEMS DO I USE?
* For the newspaper, refer to Raven's message to Grendel that you decoded
* Raven gives a place where they should meet.
* The message read "I'll join you in Istanbul."
* Select one of the Turkish newspapers.
* The one that worked for me was the left paper.
* For the cigarette brand, read the Grendel file.
* Select a pack of Emperor filterless cigarettes.
* The one I chose was the center pack.
* For the face, it's really a matter of trial and error.
* Since he's holding a cigarette already, you don't need the one with the
cigarette behind his ear.
* Notice how the current face is shadowed by the overhead light.
* Pick the bottom left face.
WHERE DO I POSITION EVERYTHING?
* Of course, the face goes on top of the existing one! Resize it smaller.
* Resize the newspaper slightly bigger and place it on the table.
* If you're having trouble with the paper's position, try the left corner
of the paper aligned with his elbow.
* The cigarettes should be scaled much smaller and put within his reach.
* Center the pack on the table in front of the ashtray.
WHERE ARE HOLT AND SEATON?
* You can only access the offices of Holt and Seaton after you've been told
* Both of them have had some disappointments and setbacks in their careers
and personal lives.
* It's possible they have defected, but not likely.
* It appears they've gone on a little R & R.
* This section is not necessary for finishing the game. It just helps you
rule them out in your search for the mole.
Spycraft Tips - Moscow
HOW DO I HET BIRDSONG TO COOPERATE?
* Poor little guy is scared to death! And I don't blame him.
* I'm sure there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
* He really doesn't want to kill anyone; but it might be necessary if
everything else fails.
* There are two ways you can handle this.
* Tell him to kill the Mafioso. He won't like it, but he'll do it.
* Or, you can simply stress the need for him to set up another meeting with
BIRDSONG HAS DISAPPEARED! WHERE IS HE?
* Go to his apartment and pick the lock. You won’t find much inside.
* Max put a recording of her conversation with Birdsong on your desktop.
* Return to the office and open Sound Analysis.
* Play the recording.
* Listen carefully to the background noises.
* Isolate and analyze the key sounds to get his location.
* Four sounds should be recognized -- aircraft, bell, bird, and trolley
* Use the Map Tool (click on the small globe at the bottom right of your
screen) and find the cities where the sounds can be heard.
* Remember that the bird has flown, so he may not be in familiar territory.
* Find a city where the 3 other sounds are common.
* Birdsong has gone to a town north of the bird's normal habitat.
* Click on Novosibirsk.
* Check to see where all the sounds can be heard.
* He's hiding northeast above the Zoological Gardens.
* Report that he is in Novosibirsk in the Suvorov Residence.
BIRDSONG WAS KIDNAPPED! WHERE IS HE BEING HELD?
* Get the recorder on the floor of the stakeout location.
* Watch the replay of the crime and isolate the photo to look at it.
* You now know who did it -- Kneecaps.
* Find Kneecaps address and you'll find Birdsong.
* Report the correct address (No. 19 Leningradsky Prospect).
* Go and rescue him!
HOW CAN I FIND THE ADDRESS?
* The clue you need for this is in the Moscow office.
* The file cabinet can be accessed to the left of the desk.
* Read the information in the file folders.
* Pearson hid the address for obvious reasons.
* The information is inside Pearson's Operations Log.
* And where can you find his Operations Log?
* In the OPS MGR of course!
* Open your PDA, COMLINK and select OPS MGR.
* Select the highlighted entry with instructions to meet with Pearson's family.
HOW DO I RESCUE BIRDSONG?
* Don't waste valuable time. Direct your team and find the proper room
* without getting caught.
* Your team has special talents. Use them to their best advantage to get
* where you need to go.
* Use Fiber Optic viewing while standing in front of an open door.
* When you find suspicious activity, throw a grenade to clear out a room.
* Blast a hole in a wall for accessibility to a room with no obvious entry
* Locate the room where Birdsong is being held by using Fiber Optics.
* Remember, you want to rescue him -- not kill him.
* Don't throw grenades in that room!
* Have your party enter the room.
I KEEP GETTING THROWN IN JAIL! NOW WHAT?
* You've obviously wasted too much time exploring.
* While it's an interesting apartment building, you don't need to look in
every single room.
* There's no need to go into the basement at all.
* In fact, the 1st floor has nothing to offer either.
* Birdsong is being held on the 2nd floor, northern-most middle room.
* Go immediately to the 2nd floor. Throw grenades in the rooms to the
south and east.
* Split up your party and surround the enemy from both sides.
* Notice one room has no hallway entrance.
* Blast a hole in that wall.
* Throw a grenade to clear the newly accessed room, and then have 2 of your
party enter that room.
* Throw a grenade in the room immediately south of Birdsong's location.
* Enter that room with 2 of your team members.
* Use Fiber Optic Viewing to spot Birdsong.
* Have all 4 people enter simultaneously from both sides.
Interrogating the Prisoner
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN
* You must solve a puzzle in Washington before this occurs.
* Have you found the PEG thief?* Have you discovered the PEG accomplice?
* The accomplice needs to be questioned here in Moscow.
HOW DO I GET THE PRISONER TO TALK?
* This one won't talk unless threatened.
* There are two ways you can get her talking.
* I've covered both ways below. Both will get you the answers, but one is
a little kinder than the other.
* Enter the interrogation room -- she's waiting for you there.
* Convince her that someone she cares about is in danger.
* Show her the doctored photograph.
* If you don't have the photo, return to Washington and get it.
* If you don't like the way things are going, you can always threaten to
* take her to the bullpen.
* Convince her that Grendel is talking.
* The proper sequence begins with "Grendel goes to ..."
* Then select "If you talk, Grendel joins you ..."
* Find out who she works for.
* If you selected "lock me out" on install, this area may not be available
* It involves the use of torture with electric shock.
* Be insistent with Max that you want to go to the bullpen first.
* Enter the bullpen.
* Try asking her questions at a low setting. She'll simply laugh at you at
* Notice that the setting increases a little with each question.
* Increase it a bit and ask again.
* Don't go too high! You may kill her.
* Finally you'll see different questions available. Ask them, without
* increasing the intensity.
* She will eventually say whom she works for.
HARMONICA WANTS TO MEET ME, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
* Ignoring him could mean your doom.
* You should meet with him in the alley.
* Max will give you good advice.
* Lead him on. Make him believe you're interested in joining.
* Afterwards, you may go into Max's office, but don't stay too long.
* Max will believe you're a traitor if she catches you rummaging around in
* As far as I could tell, there was no way to actually break open her desk
* Go back to your office.
HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT THIS?* A message can be found in your Moscow office.
d you check the file drawer again?
* A floppy disk has been inserted inside one of the folders.
* Use the floppy on your computer to load it.
* Read all of the threads and articles.
* Find the one that contains an unusual header.
* Decipher that header.
* One of your monthly book selections has the key.
* Use the Rabid Hound.
WHERE IS ONYX?
* Read his file thoroughly. He has some quirks that will help you find
* For one, he's a vegetarian and requires special meals.
* Secondly, he always flies business class and insists on an aisle seat.
* Now that you have these facts in mind, review the flights and make
special notation of those that match the above criteria.
* Go to your office and answer your phone.
* Yuri wants to see you, so proceed there.
* Review the file from Yuri, especially the travel purchases.
* Also review the dates where a sequence of bills was spent all at once.
* On 3/8 he flew into Heidelburg.
* Look at the dollars spent in Heidelburg.
* You'll find Onyx in the Hotel Schlumpen, Heidelburg, Germany.
HOW CAN I GET ONYX TO TALK?
* He's a shady character and will need some persuasion.
* You can already tell he's a liar.
* Hit home!
* Threaten his family and he'll see things your way.
* Read his file again and notice where his family lives.
* His family lives in Jammu. You'll get his cooperation (and the correct
* password) by concentrating on that.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET THE PIT
* Two methods are available. Talk or Shoot. Both can get the Pit.
* If you've done well in other shooting scenarios, this method might be for
* It's difficult not to shoot before you get to the pit, but you must.
* Quick movements are the key.
* The only way you can go at first is top left.
* As soon as the screen changes, click on the top right.
* Head toward the white X.
* Quickly shoot Grendel.
* Pick up the PIT.
* You must then find the nearest exit and shoot your way out.
* You'll get to listen to a very mad and confused Grendel when you choose
* Onyx may have been lying, so be cautious.
* Identify yourself as Onyx.
* If you fool them, you'll then be asked for the password.
* If you don't fool them, you're dead.
* Give the password to Grendel.
* The correct password is French Vanilla.
* If you'd rather, you can try the Shoot path instead.
I’M DEAD! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
* The real Onyx tipped them off! You asked for this one!
* You should find a way to shut him up.
* You left Onyx a little too quickly.
* After you receive the password, search his room.
* Search in the cabinet to the left of where Onyx is sitting and get his handcuffs.
* Click the handcuffs on Onyx.
HOW DID I GET HERE?
* Meet Onyx and retrieve the PIT. You'll receive a call.
* You will have access to this area after you decipher the message.
* Remember what you used on the other messages?
* None of your current books will help here.
* Where did you get those other books?
* Have you downloaded the latest book of the month?
* Open the EBCM and download "Cloak goeth the Raven".
* Tunisia will be available after you decipher the message.
HOW DO I FIND MIRAGE?
* At first, there is not a little X on your screen to show you the exit.
* Unlike your practice session, you must kill everything in your path.
* Once you have killed all of the targets, the X will appear.
* Head toward the X.
WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I FIND HIM?
* You don't have much choice.
* You had better do what you're told.
* Drop your weapon quickly!
* Listen to his story and get your gun at your next opportunity.
* Pick up his computer.
SHOULD I KILL MIRAGE?
* This is really a matter of preference.
* He will not come back to haunt you -- alive or dead.
* Neither choice will change the outcome of the game.
HOW DO I PREVENT THE EXPLOSION?
* It's going to explode, no matter what you do.
* Your challenge is to retrieve the information from the computer and save
yourself at the same time.
* Quickly click your PDA on the computer and download the files.
* Watch the download and wait for the countdown to get to as close to 10 as
* Click on Stop and then Yes.
* You have everything you need so you don't need the computer anymore.
* Get rid of the computer!
* Eject it!
* Throw the computer out the window!
WHEN DOES THIS FLIGHT END?
* If you were successful in retrieving the files from Blake's computer ...
* And if you survived the explosion ...
* You now have some things to look at.
* Open your PDA and view the files you downloaded.
* You must decode all the messages and headers.
* Once you have done this, exit your PDA.
* Receive your incoming message.
WHERE IS HARMONICA?
* NO INFO AVAILABLE
I’M STUCK IN MOSCOW WITH NOWHERE TO GO!
* NO INFO AVAILABLE
WHO’S THE BAD GUY HERE?
* NO INFO AVAILABLE