• Siion - May 11, 2011 1:54 p.m.

Urgh unfortunately I love this series. I'm not hyped for it, i just know i will go buy it eventually. I think its because some people were introduced to Street fighter first or Mortal Kombat...i got this...If that is a win or a loss is anyone's guess. I don't like the cross over stuff though, maybe they should spend more time boosting their own roster by creating new characters themselves but i understand its to boost interest although when did that work for them in the past?
  • Emb3rSil - May 11, 2011 2:25 p.m.

I haven't played SC since SCII, which I will defend to the death, but everything else has just pissed me off more and more. The adding of 'crossover characters' turned the entire series into a joke. Sure, SCII had its few weird guys, but Vader? Srsly? WHY THE FUCK WOULD VADER NEED A SWORD LIKE THAT
  • Clovin64 - May 11, 2011 2:44 p.m.

I'm looking forward to this. Take out the lightsabers though, for f***s sake. And why can't they tone the boob size down a bit? Nothin' wrong with small boobs if you ask me.
  • JetpackJesus - May 11, 2011 3:29 p.m.

Well if its going to be set 17 years later, then what are the odds that Ivy, or in fact any of the other characters, are going to reappear? Hopefully they just pull a Tekken on it and don't age the characters at all, apart from Talim and Amy, whom they now have to give large breasts.
  • Zyrusticae - May 11, 2011 3:30 p.m.

I see nothing wrong with the boob size so long as Talim and Amy maintain their DFC and I the excellent character creation returns. What I really want to see, though, is some NON-SHIT netcode... goodness, is the SCIV code bad! Probably the worst fighting game netcode ever released - I never felt the lag nearly as much in, say, Street Fighter IV and Tekken... it totally destroyed the potential the game's online play had.
  • foxxjeh - May 11, 2011 4:13 p.m.

17 years??? You guys do realize this makes Ivy Valentine 49 years old? I would out right love this game if she came around with a huge sag, and still be in that really weird minimal clothing, it would be flat out cheating to play with her in versus since your opponent will do everything to look away from the screen.
  • FauxFurry - May 11, 2011 4:43 p.m.

I'd be more interested in seeing what bust size they'd give to Lizard Woman. I'm no more expecting mediocrity from the female characters' builds as I am from the males (especially Rock). Moreso than toning any anatomical aspects of the characters down, I'd be more worried about the game-play not being beefed up after all of these years. Namco-Bandai ought to throw in things like localized damage (to more than just clothing items), leading a body part being incapacitated just like Squaresoft did so long ago in Bushido Blade but with more durable fighters. Adjustable height, weight and even non-human options in the character creation mode. Said options could have subtle impacts on the gameplay such as lessening or increasing knock-back, altering arcs for air-juggle opportunities or effectiveness of defense. A slight demographic shift might not hurt, either. An M-rating didn't hurt Mortal Kombat any. It's time to move past the 'pointy baseball bat' treatment of these lethal, frequently demon-possessed weapons. That way, the short-term additions any of their cast-full of new characters (they should clean house of anyone not an immortal monster of some kind such as Cervantes, Lizard Man or Astaroth.) could simply be explained by their having died in combat or sustaining career ending (or just extremely discouraging) injuries in a fight, possibly reflected in the game endings depending upon player performance in-game. It also could put this whole titilation thing to rest, as well. There's a good reason why no one is clamoring to see more of Maxi's chests or biceps (besides the obvious point of mostly interested in playing the game rather than admiring the character models). They've seen it already. If Namco give an option for the female characters to go all the way as reckless and foolish in blade-to-blade duels as their male counter-parts in a game where characters can be hacked-up and develop scars with no further meta-games of peek-a-boo, the end result is going to be anything but sexy. The player's imagination could then be re-directed to coming up with fancy costumes to put on the characters in the CC mode rather than taking anyone's clothes off in their minds.
  • TheGhostBox - May 11, 2011 5:30 p.m.

Hmm... Wonder what kind of Breast-Physics Engine they're putting in this game...
  • Nemesis2k9 - May 11, 2011 5:47 p.m.

Hint Hint:) https://twitter.com/#!/RareLtd
  • SpikroddNG - May 11, 2011 6:17 p.m.

I'm placing bets on one of three character cameos to be in the game: Master Chief: As much as I dislike Halo, putting Chief in the game will be a big mover for the game to those who are Halo fans and need something else. It's a long shot, but it'd be neat to see it. He'd have an energy sword, btw. Ryu Hayabusa: Another long shot, but an incredible addition if it happened. He'd fit in too well it seems but Ninja Gaiden fans will pee their pants at the sight of playing as their favorite ninja. Kratos: He's been featured in Mortal Kombat recently, and he was in Broken Destiny, but I think fans of both franchises would like to see him kick ass in HD, right? Sonic: ...wait no dont!
  • SuperSDizz - May 11, 2011 6:39 p.m.

Ryu Hayabusa anyone? He's used to fighting scantily-clad women.
  • BlackElement17 - May 11, 2011 6:57 p.m.

For cross overs I'm going to guess Kratos for the PS3 and an Avatar for the 360
  • Manguy17 - May 11, 2011 7:13 p.m.

better single player mode, similar to the adventure mode in SCII would be good. As for boobs i reckon they might be about the same but probably covered up a bit more.
  • DeadlyViper95 - May 11, 2011 7:18 p.m.

im not a fan of soul calibur, im just a fan of ivy ;) but if they are smaller im ognna be pissed
  • R-ape - May 11, 2011 7:21 p.m.

If a crossover does happen, then I'm hoping it'll be with another fighting game franchise and not a popular comic book line. Capcom has been the only one that's made that deal work, and I'd think it would just be too much of a gamble to see if it would work again. Especially after the mixed reviews of MKvsDC. Good game imo.
  • 510BrotherPanda - May 11, 2011 8:03 p.m.

I don't think it matters either way; Namco has free reign to make boobs whatever size they want. As long as Soul Caliber doesn't ever get the depressingly flat butts of the DoA women, anything's okay with me.
  • andremurphy212 - May 11, 2011 9:45 p.m.

Is it me, or does Ivy's breasts get even LARGER in every single soulcalibur game?
  • vrman - May 12, 2011 2:37 a.m.

I hope they don't mess with her boobs at all, they were right on the money last time around. Less clothes are always a good thing though. In fact, i'm naked right now. Seriously. My nuts are freezing though. I live near the coast. Unfortunately, the coast is a gigantic glacier the size of chuck norris's (norrises?) condoms.
  • Heyexclamationpoint - May 12, 2011 2:56 a.m.

I finally wanna get a real answer to the question: Who would win in a fight between Freddy and Jason? SCV, make it happen! Alien Vs Predator would also be an acceptable substitute (Then again, I'd rather see these battles take place in Mortal Kombat.)
  • Sharkbot - May 12, 2011 5:55 p.m.

CoD vs. SC i get a RPD grip and you get a sword and lets see who win eh? I hope her boobs get bigger and they make a smash attack out of them, those things are bigger than her face! xD