Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
Here is all the information so far in brain-bombingly easy bullet-pointed format. Remember to check back later today for our in-depth hands-on with the games. To see our delicously bloated list of related previews, new screens and piping fresh videos, head over here.
* PS3 launches in the US on November 17.
* SCEA president Kaz Hirai says the launch will be "the most robust lineup of any console launch for titles."
* There will be 22 launch window titles, including Ridge Racer 7, Full Auto 2, FEAR, NBA Live 07, Call of Duty 3, , Genji: Days of the Blade, NBA 2K7, NHL 2K7, Rainbow Six Vegas, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and Untold Legends. For the full list, head here.
* The PS3 will play DVD, CD and Blu-ray video.
* The Blu-ray edition of Will Ferrell laugh-'em-up Talladega Nights will be packaged in the first 500,000 PS3 systems.
* The Wii aping waggle-action Sixaxis controller apparently doesn't require any outside sensors, and amazing uses for it in the future are promised.
* Also rammed in the box will be an AC cord (no brick), a USB mini cable, an Ethernet cable and a multi-AV cable with composite connector.
* First-party software including Genji, Resistance, and NBA 07 will debut at $59.99.
* The controller will be $49.99.
* Memory card adaptors will be $14.99.
* The Blu-ray remote (coming in December) will be $24.99.
* On October 26, Sony will begin sending out 15,000 kiosks.
* The kiosks will feature Sony Bravia HD monitors.
* All kiosks will be networked and be able to stream game demos.
* Resistance boasts a solid online mode with 40 player capacity and a lobby with community features including clans, buddy lists and stats.
* NBA 07 will be the first sports game in 1080p resolution.
* The PS3 can be turned on from the controller.
* The PSP-a-like media bar interface will also appear on Sony TVs.
* The PS3's in built photo album, creates a 3D representation of all the user's hi-res photos spread out on simple white table.
* With the music bar users can manage Mp3s and the video icon previews clips in real time thumbnails.
* Users will be able to use the keyboard interface to send messages which supports predictive text, although a USB keyboard is also an option.
* An internet browser will be fully functioning and free of charge.
* There will be a PlayStation Store much like Xbox Marketplace.
* The store has a blue background with items including, demos, downloadable games and "view all." It also has a big graphic unit, and a couple of sidebars with the 'top downloads' and 'what's new' listed.
* Developers will be able to build the store directly into games.
* PSone games will be downloadable, such as Jet Moto, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal, and MediEvil.
* It appears that purchases in the PlayStation Store will be made in real money rather than a points system like Marketplace.
* Purchase made in PlayStation Store to one PS3 can be then downloaded to up to five more PS3s.
* Downloadable games are expected to be priced at around $14.99 and under.
* The 'view all' option breaks content into categories including demos, game content, standard-definition trailers and high-definition trailers.
* Some demos and trailers will be free including MotorStorm from day of launch.
October 19, 2006
Log in using Facebook to share comments, games, status update and other activity easily with your Facebook feed.