• MaxxamusTime - October 5, 2010 12:11 a.m.

Keep this retarded console dead.
  • IRIsH - October 4, 2010 5:59 a.m.

A Sega handheld would be better they could stand their ground in that market
  • VaneTrago - October 4, 2010 4:29 a.m.

That would be a truly terrible idea.
  • marioman50 - October 4, 2010 12:28 a.m.

I hope this doesn't happen. Think of all the consoles you'd have to buy to get all the console-exclusive titles!
  • blam57 - October 3, 2010 9:29 p.m.

JET SET RADIO 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • erbclub - October 3, 2010 4:23 p.m.

I dont know if the market especially right now could handle 4 consoles. That being said i am a huge fan of the dreamcast and loved mine for years. Sega had something going with it, just not a marketing campaign that worked and i feel that the hardware was actually to far ahead of its time, i mean they had internet access but the problem was most people still had dial-up and dsl was brand new technology back then so it didnt work well for gaming. Anywa it would be interesting to see a new dreamcast especially if sega really gets behind it and tries there hat in the hardware market again.
  • Japanaman - October 3, 2010 3:58 p.m.

Wasn't the Xbox the Dreamcast 2? Realitic, smooth graphics, Dreamcast shaped controllers with colored buttons, four controller ports, Crazy Taxi 3, JSRF, NFL2K series, online gameplay... Why, the Xbox had everything but a Web Browser! And the 360 is practically the same color as both Dreamcasts. We have black and white! And the 360 even has Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi!
  • Strangleme - October 3, 2010 3:46 p.m.

I think that's a great idea. I would love to own a new SEGA console. I hope that happens in the next console generation.
  • Kapuran - October 3, 2010 2:50 p.m.

Am I seriously hearing dissent from commenters? Are you kidding? It would be the m--f--ing DREAMCAST 2. Instant Buy. I'm curious what it would have that would put it so ahead of its time that it would fail, though. Fully immersive virtual reality? Real-life feedback to injury? WHO KNOWS. I'm excited.
  • bitcrusherrrr - October 3, 2010 8:41 a.m.

If sega where to re-enter the console race the best thing to do would be to wait for motion control games to peak and then fall (hopefuly not as bad as the 84 crash but fall hard) on their collective arse and then release a proper hardcore machine, with waggle anywhere in sight and lots of original games. Also i'd buy it in a heartbeat too.
  • gamedingo - October 3, 2010 5:47 a.m.

I say hell I yeah, make a new Dreamcast, I'd like to see what the market would do with 4 consoles out, maybe one will fall out? Maybe the Dreamcast 2 won't be the one that falls?
  • batmanboy11 - October 3, 2010 2:53 a.m.

Could be cool...
  • TBag - October 3, 2010 12:09 a.m.

Could SEGA even afford it?
  • jpbr139 - October 3, 2010 12:01 a.m.

Finally!!! Maybe dreams can become true
  • Crimmy - October 2, 2010 11:13 p.m.

Does the world really need a 4th console? That's the real question. I'm sure Sega would make more money using the existing consoles, instead of trying to sell their own consoles and games exclusive to that console. Sega, just make games. Not consoles.
  • MtnMax99 - October 2, 2010 10:55 p.m.

OMG YES! I would so buy the Dreamcast 2! I still conider the dreamcast to be the best console of all time!
  • tacehtselrahc - October 2, 2010 9:34 p.m.

How could they even be considering getting back into consoles? History shows that Sega specializes in shafting anyone who buys it's hardware. When the Game-Gear was less popular than the Gameboy they dropped it. The Mega-CD and the 32X had a shelf life of about two weeks. Then when the Saturn started losing out to the Sony PlayStation Sega dropped it like a hot brick and then of course when the gimmicky, over-rated Dreamcast was being trounced by the X Box and the PlayStation 2 Sega decided it didn't want to play anymore because the big boys were ganging up on them. With the XBox 360, PS3 and Wii home consoles and a revitalised PC games market is there really room for a console from a company with a history like that? I don't think so.
  • neuvostrike - October 2, 2010 9:25 p.m.

Do it do it do it! I would love it! ps: Sonic crushes Mario
  • Lemurian - October 2, 2010 6:52 p.m.

OH GOD YES i really hope they make it they would definitely make a new jet set radio which is long overdue
  • Lionzest7 - October 2, 2010 3:14 p.m.

don't think game devs would want another system to develop for on top of the other three?