• ninjaemperor - February 17, 2011 12:37 a.m.

This is games finally being taken seriously as art, by the biggest museum in the world no less, this is HUGE
  • ChiefLethal - February 15, 2011 10:49 p.m.

I'm sure everyone has their reasons for the games they chose, and I know for certain that everyone thinks their reasoning is the end of it (myself included). I do think that this is WAY to big a deal for gamers to be arguing about what should go and what shouldn't. This is going to be the most mainstream venue for gaming ever and the games that show up in the Smithsonian will represent ALL of gaming. Put your opinions aside and revel in how awesome this actually is. P.S. in before this turns into a flame war.
  • BurntToShreds - February 15, 2011 5:45 p.m.

Not Super Mario Brothers. I am TIRED of the game being in every top list. I would choose a game like The World ends With You. That game had style. Jet Grind Radio is a must, and Shadow of the Colossus is as well.
  • grappler51 - February 15, 2011 4:06 p.m.

Nice, I live about 20 minutes outside of DC, definitely gonna have to go see this next summer.
  • grandinquisitor - February 15, 2011 9:29 a.m.

I can't believe it made me choose between Okami and kingdom hearts 2. I flipped a coin. okami won
  • iamawesome27 - February 15, 2011 5:22 a.m.

@mastersword369 GTFO MY GAMESRADAR
  • Outlander - February 15, 2011 4:59 a.m.

I heard this news via the bethblog earlier today. I've already decided on making a road trip with some friends to DC to see the exhibit in 2012 when it opens to the public.
  • MichaelFlynn21 - February 15, 2011 4:35 a.m.

does this mean that video games are art? Has the age old question finally been answered?
  • Tomgoulter - February 15, 2011 4:29 a.m.

@JamesCain: A fine idea and one I wish I'd thought of. I'm sure @CMelissinos would agree that a work doesn't have to be well-received to be important. (Nice to see you in the discussion, Chris - thanks for the tip re: the voting site!)
  • Zixor - February 15, 2011 4:13 a.m.

Herzog Zwei for the Genesis? Hellz yeah!
  • mastersword369 - February 15, 2011 3:57 a.m.

I hate Okami, that was the absolute worst battle system I've ever encountered. If Fallout 3 isn't on this list, I'm going on a killing rampage. That is all, other than CHRONO TRIGGER YEAH!!
  • jamescain - February 15, 2011 3:54 a.m.

hey guys lets all vote for E.T the game for era 1
  • blue0212 - February 15, 2011 3:47 a.m.

So.... I choose 1 per era per console per generation?
  • thefreakysurgeon - February 15, 2011 3:13 a.m.

EARTHBOUND ALL THE WAY!! THEN CHRONO TRIGGER!! AND FINAL FANTASY 3!!
  • NotBraze - February 15, 2011 3:08 a.m.

Mass Effect 2 vs. Limbo vs. Oblivion… Hardest decision of today.
  • CMelissinos - February 15, 2011 2:32 a.m.

Site is getting hammered right now. Keep trying!
  • Tomgoulter - February 15, 2011 2:31 a.m.

@NinjaEmperor: It takes pow'ful long to load. Be patient. (Or try another browser).
  • ninjaemperor - February 15, 2011 2:17 a.m.

The site isn't running on my computer. Or is it just taking a long time to load?
  • Personamanxx - February 15, 2011 2:16 a.m.

Man, I'm going to the Smithsonian in May... Sucks the exhibits won;t be up by then,
  • Tymiegie - February 15, 2011 2:10 a.m.

Cool. Gonna cast my vote. Glad games are getting some more recognition.