• Darklurkr23 - May 6, 2014 3 p.m.

You forgot #14! Learn how to shut it off, and play a real fighter
  • Nintygameplayerperson - January 14, 2014 9:11 p.m.

Lag canceling (or, as it was officially called, "smooth landing") is essential if you even want to stand a smidgen of a chance in a 64 or Melee tournament.
  • RedHarlow - January 14, 2014 8:36 p.m.

It surprises me how many people don't know how to reverse direction mid-Falcon Punch.
  • shawksta - January 14, 2014 9:25 p.m.

I knew about it :3
  • ncurry2 - January 14, 2014 8:31 p.m.

Sure, it's not really a move but the black hole glitch in Melee has got to be one of my favorite glitches of all time. Look up a youtube video for it. It takes a while to get set up but is a lot of fun to play with. And having a match after one is set up leads to hilarity.
  • DragonDeity - January 14, 2014 6:27 p.m.

I was always a huge Smash Brothers fan ... friends and I would get together and have tournaments in school and everything. I can't wait for the newest one. My favorite technique was to use Kirby, suck up the opponent and then jump off the edge. Most people will immediately start tapping buttons to get out, the secret to this technique of course was just that. The harder they tried to live usually killed them because if they fight to get out Kirby spits them downward and himself higher allowing you to live and them to die. If you initiate the release then they fly upwards and you take a plummet. Was always a great way to KO them without ever landing a blow.
  • JMarsella09 - January 14, 2014 6:08 p.m.

No mention of any Jigglypuff tricks... I am saddened by that but let me add some. Sing can be used to prevent edge guarding, and down A into rest is godly is used right.
  • gadjo - January 14, 2014 5:56 p.m.

Is it wrong that I have never even considered doing these things despite playing these games for over ten years now? I'm way too lazy to abuse the physics in such specific ways, and I consider chain throwing tantamount to cheating (or using oddjob. Just because you can doesn't mean you should). Hell, in my circle of friends, we don't even edge hog. This is mainly because someone did that to me while he was in the lead once, and I proceeded to come from behind for the win all while yelling that quote from the big lobowski. Now no one even tries it for fear of incurring their wrath. To this day when we are getting revenge on one another in any game, we can always be heard yelling: "This is what happens Larry! This is what happens when you fuck! A stranger! In! The ass!"
  • J-Fid - January 14, 2014 5:44 p.m.

Wow, forgot to mention this initially, but you need to mention DACUS. It's a vital strategy for Snake, and Falco in Brawl.
  • TanookiMan - January 14, 2014 4:46 p.m.

I have tried, and failed, at so many of these techniques.
  • Elgyem - January 14, 2014 4:09 p.m.

This new game had better have melee-style physics, wavedashing and shffling included.
  • shawksta - January 14, 2014 4:26 p.m.

The very first footage seen at E3, where Sakurai did Mario vs Megaman, shows that its in between Melee and Brawl. So im guessing its gonna be a mix. Its faster than Brawl and no tripping so there's that
  • gadjo - January 15, 2014 11:13 a.m.

Yay! No tripping! Usually it doesn't affect a match too much, but if it's close, it can ruin a potential KO attack or cause you to be hit by one. Hated that.
  • marionator - January 15, 2014 10:15 a.m.

You are my hero, it feels so good to not be alone
  • marionator - January 14, 2014 3:41 p.m.

DI is super important too, but once again a good smash list.
  • SurooshX - January 14, 2014 3:32 p.m.

I'm surprised you guys didn't explore Link's bomb recovery in Melee, or that Samus' extended grapple can home. Good article either way, though.
  • universaltofu - January 14, 2014 3:18 p.m.

In melee there was a sort of trick with the bombs to make them slide, if I remember it's something like you short hop, drop it gently, and then do something to nudge them. Might of only been young link, and involved the boomerang.
  • J-Fid - January 14, 2014 3:09 p.m.

Nice follow up to the previous article, and you even mentioned the extended grapple I mentioned in the comments of the last article (though it just be coincidence)! Also, today I watched last year's Apex Brawl Grand Final, and came away with two things: 1. It was epic enough to make me want to watch this year's live. 2. HYPE
  • shawksta - January 14, 2014 4:22 p.m.

Apex? Isnt that the one whose final was Zero Suit Samus vs Metaknight that was tense as f*ck?
  • J-Fid - January 14, 2014 5:41 p.m.

Yep, and now I know how you're supposed to KO people with ZSS. Also, Apex 2014 starts Friday. I'm waiting to find a schedule for when events take place so I can try to watch it live.