• db1331 - July 21, 2011 1:22 p.m.

The movie trailer actually didn't look that bad until the first person bits, which looked fucking awful. Does anyone remember the Doom movie?
  • mockraven - July 21, 2011 1:15 p.m.

I'd love to see a Spidey game this way. I loved Mirror's Edge and wish there were more games like it (done well, of course). There was such a feeling of freedom and immersion in that game and Spider Man is a perfect candidate for a free-runner. Of course I dunno how much of the actual campaign I'd play since I'd just be ecstatic over shooting webs and swinging around all the skyscrapers. I think I'll enjoy my delusional pipe-dream a little while before letting reality set in. Cheers and thanks for the video!
  • mijetman - July 21, 2011 12:20 p.m.

@jackthemenace It's a trailer for movie, not a game. When I saw this first I thought it looked a lot like Mirror's Edge, but I didn't realise it would be that much. First person Spidey-ing would be awful. As Alien vs Predator proved last year, wall crawling gets super disorientating really quickly.
  • Stiltzkin - July 21, 2011 12:17 p.m.

@jackthemenace Even though it appears to be almost shot for shot? I think whoever made the Spidey trailer definitely saw ME as an influence. Which makes sense sort of, the way Spiderman gets around is a bit like what a free-runner would be like if they were a superspiderhero.
  • SirNinja - July 21, 2011 12:13 p.m.

I loved the art style in Mirror's Edge - everything was so clean and colorful. Here's hoping the sequel comes sooner than later.
  • EsotericFerret - July 21, 2011 12:09 p.m.

Dr. Doom in an RTS game.
  • sirdilznik - July 21, 2011 12:08 p.m.

Is this being made in China?
  • Corvon - July 21, 2011 11:56 a.m.

re-captcha took away my enthusiasm
  • jackthemenace - July 21, 2011 11:55 a.m.

O.o That was some nice video-splicing, but it got really disorientating at times. Still, the Spidey trailer's obviously pre-rendered, and, besides, all the spidey games feature slinging webs everywhere and flying around. I don't really think there's much basis to say it's "ripping off" Mirrors Edge.