A few weeks back we previewed the next content addition to Rift. The 1.6 patch, entitled From the Embers, is set to add a slew of additions to Trion's MMO, including a new dungeon, a new raid, and a new zone: the Ember Isle. Ember Isle is absolutely massive – the largest zone in the game to date – and totally full of fantastical enemies, quests, and items. But in a few hours you'll no longer need to read about it, you'll be able to play it.
Trion has announced that their massive patch will be available today, giving gamers a chance to experience Ember Isle for themselves. So... what are you waiting for? Go update your game! Some evil-looking elves need help reclaiming their island!
While you're waiting for the patch to download (and it's going to be a big one!) you might as well read over the details of the update, posted below.
- Ember Isle – Designed for experienced level 50 players, Ember Isle is twice the size of the largest zone currently in the game and will feature stunning environments, new monsters, colossi, and zone events
- New Dungeon – Rift’s newest and largest dungeon, Caduceus Rise, debuts with 11 tough bosses, nonlinear progression, Normal mode, and two Expert mode wings
- New 10-Player Raid – Experience “Rise of the Phoenix,” the new 10-player sliver in Stonefield
- New Warfront Mode – Black Garden now features an alternate warfront mode called “Stockpile”
- Planar Attunement Evolved - 2nd tier of Planar Attunement now available
Trion is outpacing just about every other MMO maker with updates for Rift. Since launch they've added in nearly monthly content updates, with hours of new gameplay available for free. This new update, in particular, looks massive, and includes a zone so large we're shocked they didn't try and find a way to charge for it.
So, is anyone planning on checking out the update today? If so be sure to let us know what you think! We're dying to hear about your adventures on the Ember Isle.