• philipshaw - September 14, 2010 9:01 a.m.

Awesome stuff, can't wait to listen
  • Concussion - September 14, 2010 7:40 a.m.

Damn. Realized my last comment was discussed during the cast. I don't listen to it before posting because being Australian means that It comes out at about 8:00 AM Tuesday. Having to leave for school at 8:30 I download it and listen to it during the lesson I have in the morning. I felt like such an idiot when I realized that it looked like I had copied what was said in the podcast. *facepalm* Anyway nice episode guys. You always make my first lesson on Tuesday very pleasant. :)
  • JayBeat - September 14, 2010 6:27 a.m.

Whichever one has the best moves :)
  • Robusken - September 14, 2010 5:27 a.m.

forgotten all of the*
  • crimsonmoose - September 14, 2010 5:26 a.m.

impretty sure that "puppy pokemon" is a pre-evolution of Growlithe. i cant be the only one that sees that
  • Robusken - September 14, 2010 5:25 a.m.

It crushed my heart to hear you guys rail on mijumarus evo. How can you not think he's awesome, he looks like a samurai in training! Also afro bull all the way. I am being a bit bias since i have an afro myself... I've also noticed the way you guys pronounce pokemon names seem to vary from the pronunciations I'm used to. First off its not a complaint, I'm not used to discussing pokemon much in voice so I've almost forgotten at the many pronunciations. Buut...I can't help but feel confused whenever someone brings up scizor. Just sounds so odd.
  • shyfonzie - September 14, 2010 4:35 a.m.

Haters gonna hate, but MIJUMARU IS THE BEST!!
  • redrum253 - September 14, 2010 4:24 a.m.

i find it funny that the designer said they didn't know where to go with the sea otter. Maybe instead of making the fire type evolutions fighting types (again), make the water evolutions water/fighting. Then they could have made an awesome sea otter ninja, using its shells as ninja stars. speaking of the 3 straight fire/fighting types. i think it may have to resistances. maybe they thought fire was too powerful/weak, and combining the two types might "fix" that. anyway, ill be using pokabu, the tsutarja on my second playthrough.
  • AshLynx - September 14, 2010 3:55 a.m.

The fire starter, I always pick the fire starter first, simple as that! It's always the best one for me!
  • enlargedhousecats - September 14, 2010 3:33 a.m.

I'm going to pick the grass one(I'm not saying any names until the english names are announced) because it's final evolution(if the serebii image is right) looks like a king...it might even look like a certain king we may all know...from Norway.
  • enlargedhousecats - September 14, 2010 3:26 a.m.

holy*
  • enlargedhousecats - September 14, 2010 3:25 a.m.

holly crepes that shiny ponyta guy has got some dedication. He completely deserves to scream like crazy any like an idiot after 25000+ encouners.
  • norwegiankingofnames - September 14, 2010 2:31 a.m.

the auto-run feature needs to be kept. no one ever f***ing walks in pokemon, ever.
  • norwegiankingofnames - September 14, 2010 2:28 a.m.

thay're all awesome. but i'm going to have to go with grass because it looks like it's stait out of anciant chianese art. the water one started cool but get's stupid in it's third. and HOW COULD THEY DO FIRE/FIGHTING THREE TIMES IN A ROW!!
  • Kapuran - September 14, 2010 1:03 a.m.

I waited all day with bated breath while at work for the podcast to help pass the time, but it didn't come out until I was back home. Sigh. As it stands now, presuming the final forms actually are the leaked images, I'll be starting with Tsutaja, the first time I've ever gone anything but fire-type. When they only showed the initial forms, I was willing to take Pokabu, but now... well, I'm not a fan of the final form for Mr. Pig at all. And I have to agree with what the others are saying... Fire/Fighting is far too overdone. It's getting a little silly. Tsutaja, however, ends up very dragon-like, and that's a big draw for me. Thank you for sharing that shiny Ponyta video; I've watched it three times already, it's absolutely hilarious. On the new Pokemon; I actually can not believe that Afro-Tauros won't be an evolution for Tauros. Similarly the Luvdisc lookalike. Not that either would be a very GOOD evolution, but still; really? They're almost identical! It's quite disappointing that there will be no evolutions or prevolutions in this generation for previous generation Pokemon, as that is usually a source of much excitement. Not that starting fresh isn't exciting... but it would be more exciting if half the Pokemon weren't blatant ripoffs of existing Pokemon, usually even worse than that which they are copying. Nonetheless, I can't judge until I've played the game myself and seen all there is to offer... I'm still very excited for Dream World and some of the other things they've revealed. Although; are there no partner Pokemon in this game like in HGSS? That's a terrible feature to remove, it was one of my favorite parts of the game (right after auto-run), which was the case for Pokemon Yellow as well. Speaking of Yellow; I did start a Nuzlocke adventure in my Yellow, but I haven't gotten very far yet, no badges. My Viridian Forest encounter was, naturally, a Metapod, so training is slow-going and annoying. I also started a run on my Platinum, and though I've got one badge, I've suffered far too much heartbreak there (I've lost four guys already; I'm an awful trainer, apparently. I can't maintain a full party without immediately losing one). I'd like to make a fan comic for the website but my artistic abilities are rather lacking... I may try regardless, we'll see. As always, looking forward to next week!
  • SnorlaxPWNS - September 14, 2010 1:02 a.m.

definitely grass because it is amazing
  • thedonut - September 14, 2010 12:55 a.m.

Has it been confirmed that the new heart-shaped fish is an evolution of Luvdisc?
  • Spartan11794 - September 14, 2010 12:48 a.m.

Smugleaf is a girl, GO MIJUMARU
  • SoySauceHater - September 14, 2010 12:44 a.m.

the virginal form of the starters all suck except for the grass type one, and the potential grass type final form looks rather cool, and the water one maybe, but for four generations Ive been choosing the fire type, now this one... definitely not.
  • BoltActionRevolver - September 14, 2010 12:42 a.m.

Picture of Ash with a gun in his face, and a few notations on Jynx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_episodes_removed_from_rotation 4Kids, remove something due to guns?! Never ("I'm holding you hostage with my invisible gun" Yugi-Oh! The Abridged Series)