On: Xbox - OUT: Autumn
THE PITCH: A reworked version of the PC game comes to Xbox and includes Xbox Live multiplayer war games. Command and control soldiers of various ranks in cold war simulations where land, air and sea vehicles can be called into action. The variety in gameplay ranges from taking control of individual grunts to controlling squads, and that's not to mention riding shotgun in the vehicles.
- The original PC mission-based campaign is the main game but Xbox bonuses include 14 standalone missions and multiplayer mayhem via Xbox Live.
- 100 square km open environments that let you go anywhere at anytime.
- Fly or drive over 40 armoured air and ground based military vehicles.
- True-to-life models and physics provide realistic combat.
- Advanced squad-management system enables players to efficiently issue orders to squad members.
- Real time lighting and weather, including accurate star constellations for navigation (yikes!).
THE BUZZ: A big PC hit that hopes to do similar business on Xbox and aims to be the ultimate war simulator. Good times ahead should be the case for those who like a variety of perspectives and gameplay styles in their war games.