• AuthorityFigure - August 11, 2009 8:39 a.m.

You don't have to convince me that online gaming sux. I never go online anymore because of all of those reasons you've mentioned (and more). NPCs are always there, they don't trash talk, glitch, cheat or quit. Ever.
  • AnonymouZ - August 4, 2009 6:54 p.m.

holy crap, i never thought ANY games related website would ever publish ANYTHING to do with my beloved FIRST MMO experience which is TIBIA. Indeed, cheaters, bots, and gold farmers messed up the game real bad, but for those that still linger, hotdamn it was the shit. As for the hidden league, holy shit, those guys are the PWNT!!!
  • StevenHawking - January 11, 2009 7:39 p.m.

Okay, the TF2 trivia was hilarious. I wouldn't have been mad about that, I would have laughed my friggin' ass off!
  • CandiedJester - January 10, 2009 4:52 a.m.

What Akiira said. Man..The Guiding Hands sound like the mafia of EVE. It's one of those things that's so evil..yet done so well, and with so much purpose, that you can't help but appreciate it. It's intriguing.
  • Blinder - January 8, 2009 4:21 a.m.

Great article. I think one of the dirtiest tricks I have seen was when Disney closed it's Virtual Magic Kingdom site. Here's a link to one of the articles: http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/2008/04/disneys-virtual.html
  • drprofessor - January 8, 2009 1:59 a.m.

the scrouge infection in wow was the most annoying thing i'dever experienced. it broke flight paths, quest givers died, and shop keepers died. it was utter bullshit. and if i fought back at the zombies they just qq'd to me that i was ruining THEIR fun. blizzard dropped the ball on that one.
  • d0x - January 7, 2009 10:01 p.m.

The article was just posted and already the Halo youtube video has been removed! For what possible reason could they have removed it? Sometimes I hate them. Great article though.
  • Darkdraak21 - January 7, 2009 8 p.m.

I wasnt playing WoW at the time of the zombie outbreak but from what i saw on my friends computer it wasnt so bad towards the end. The Halo vid was hilarious and i wanna know how the red guys didnt see the blue guy right out in the open they mustve been blind.
  • MacGyver1138 - January 7, 2009 7:37 p.m.

These things are funny when seen from the outside, but I bet there were some pissed off people on the receiving end of these tricks. After reading about those guys who got beat at Goldeneye Rogue Agent online, then tracked down the other people and murdered them, I would worry a bit about doing these things. Granted, it was probably easy for those guys to be tracked down because they were the only other people playing Rogue Agent....but I'd still think about it.
  • reaper15 - January 7, 2009 11:52 a.m.

lmao i loved the halo vid
  • DarthTalik - January 7, 2009 6:27 a.m.

God.. That WOW plague event sucked. I had no idea what was going on and walked right in to a horde of zombies. The EVE thing... kinda impressive in an extremely twisted way.
  • Akiira - January 7, 2009 5:38 a.m.

that EVE online one was epic
  • ELpork - January 7, 2009 4:27 a.m.

Huyk Huyk... Dicks are fun...... I mean that like people.... not like that, Like the way they act.... Oh forget it.
  • Helljumper - January 7, 2009 3:41 a.m.

I have to say, I'm impress with HLG hinding places.
  • Red - January 7, 2009 2:16 a.m.

That WoW disease sounds badass, and I thought the Halo clan video was pretty good too.
  • GoldenMe - January 7, 2009 12:26 a.m.

So agreed. I wish they made a 3rd episode already.
  • Japanjack - January 6, 2009 11:13 p.m.

Team Roomba ftw.
  • Altered_Soul - January 6, 2009 10:08 p.m.

You guys should have had the TF2 grief where a clan would lock people in saferooms and only let them out by asking them trivia questions. I get a huge kick out of those videos, they are really funny.
  • phoenix_wings - January 6, 2009 9:24 p.m.

re: Goth Gamer--it's not fun when someone's sole purpose is not to play the game the way its supposed to be played, but by using unfair means. How much do we like it when someone is accused of insider trading? It's like camping at the base with an assault rifle and just annihilating the other team and then trying to claim that you pwn. All griefers should be digitally crucified. It's not sick, it's justice, dammit! LOL
  • Mainman - January 6, 2009 6:53 p.m.

Fun Note about the WoW Plague: It had such an impact, Blizzard turned it into a proper game mechanic/event two years later for the 'Wrath' expansion launch run-up. Plague-ridden crates started appearing in port towns, which would infect you if touched. Ten minutes later, if you didn't attempt to cure it, you would turn into a zombie and become able to infect NPCs and other players. As the days went by, infected crates (and cockroaches) made their way to the major cities, the infection became harder to cure (requiring multiple casts/uses of a cleansing spell/item), and the time it took to become zombified steadily reduced. Shattrath (the main neutral city at the time) and the faction capitals were pretty much uninhabitable, and at peak hours, even outlying towns were overrun. You would be lucky to find a vendor or questgiver when you wanted them, and if you waited for them to respawn, you'd probably get infected by a passing zombie. Quickly realising what people were bound to do with these newfound griefing powers (eg. Killing flight masters, forcing players to flee from infected areas on-foot), and playing as one of the only classes that had a disease-curing spell (a Paladin), I spent my time counter-griefing and trying to purge zones of infection-minded players. I even set up a few speech macros for use when I cured someone's infection or destroyed a zombie: "By the Light, be cleansed, my friend! Your infection has/will come to an end!" "Be safe, be well, be on your way. Avoid the plagued ones, and good day!" Never before or since have I had so many angry whispers and /spits directed at me. It was fantastic.