• Errrrbo - March 23, 2013 11:18 a.m.

Wow. I've primarily been an Xbox 360 user for this this generation, but I'm absolutely going to go with the PS4 for the next generation. Microsoft's next system is not even sounding like a game console anymore, just a general entertainment box for your living room. Microsoft has been moving away from actual gaming for a while now, (See: their last three E3 press conferences) but these leaks (if true) tell me that's it's time for me to move away from them and towards Sony.
  • Shinn - March 23, 2013 3:03 a.m.

Compulsory kinect. An interface optimized for casual gamers. Always online, even in countries with patchy and extremely limited internet like New Zealand. Your games wont work at your friends place. Compulsory installs on a console. Yes, this seems totally legitimate.
  • srijit-sen - March 22, 2013 8:08 p.m.

oh wow! good going futuristic visionaries working your buttocks raw at Microsoft. i am sure it would be an Instant Hit in Places like India where Internet connection is questionable at best of times. guess what ? Your games cost almost the price of 2 entry level Cellular phones here. so even if we somehow manage to save up and buy the XBox, we depend on mostly used games to play. we don't excrete golden nuggets. I am sure that would be the main requirement for owning an xbox 360. and i fancy myself pretty bad at reading between the lines but, Wont everyone be forced to buy your god forsaken 'Paid' to stay on-line XBOXLIVE accounts? I am sorry. But being a lifelong supporter of XBox ( i had started playing on the original xbox ) is started to sound more and more difficult in the recent times. good going with the used games policies. i am sure that you would sell tones of them.
  • Daman90 - March 22, 2013 4:37 p.m.

So, MS screwed up again. I'm not allowed to play if I don't have an internet connection!? Why not? How much internet is this console going to use on idle? I'm not allowed to buy preowned games? I can't afford shiny new ones each time I want a new game! I'm not allowed to play w/o a Kinect? Sounds like a money grab... I'm not allowed to actually TURN OFF MY XBOX!?!?!? How am I going to afford electricity if my Xbox is CONSTANTLY USING IT!? You know what? I think i'll just stick with Sony thanks...
  • chavbuster1 - March 22, 2013 12:41 p.m.

Wait.... “Every Durango console will be sold with a new high-fidelity Kinect sensor, which will be required for the system to operate," I don't even want to use kinect, and now i actually NEED to use it in order for it to operate? BULL SH*T.
  • ibashdaily - March 22, 2013 8:10 a.m.

After all of this talk about the new console generation forcing changes on the gamer, it may be time to start supporting an alternative console? Perhaps one that is a lot cheaper and made with gamers in mind? Clearly I'm talking about ouya, but really it could be project shield or any one of these new gaming systems. The only way to make your voice heard is with your dollars.
  • srijit-sen - March 22, 2013 8:11 p.m.

Ouya could be the kick in the Balls that Microsoft requires. I already donated to the kick-starter they had organized. lets just hope they dont do something utterly moronic at the last moment.
  • Leemundo - March 22, 2013 3:05 a.m.

I did think of a positive, it will kill off all this Pre-order bonus content crap. I'll be waiting for a review before I waste my money if I can't trade it in days later.
  • Leemundo - March 22, 2013 3:02 a.m.

I have 149 games listed on my history for Xbox which if all purchased new would cost around £5000. I can't afford new Games every time so I would have to pick and choose. Farewell Saints Row for GTA, farewell Halo, Modern Warfare, Black Ops and Gears Of War for Battlefield. Goodbye WWE, Fight Night, Tiger Woods and NHL, I'll stick with FIFA for my sports. Go away Dark Souls, Dragons Dogma and The Witcher, I'll keep Elder Scrolls. When put into perspective like that, I'd rather have them all on PS4. Go Team PS!
  • JachAnen - March 22, 2013 12:51 a.m.

Dave2123 "Everyone's saying this is a deal breaker, but Sony want to do the exact same thing with used games as Microsoft - they just haven't confirmed it yet." Actually I clearly remember SONY saying they wouldn't do that as it was rumored that both would before PS4 unveiling. Now it seems that MS will be alone on this if it's true. And since I can't afford paying full price for every game, especially for the next gen that will cost more than current, I will have to go with PS4 when I feel like it's time for a new console. And I don't like being forced to install every game and pay for a new Kinect that I might not use.
  • Talvari - March 21, 2013 10:20 p.m.

I don't really have much of an intention of picking up a new console anytime soon as i already have the Wii U. But this is the nail in the coffin for ever wanting MS's new console if this ends up being true >.> Heard way too many things that point towards it being true but at the end of the day it's up to them to unveil it. For their benefit i hope it's a lie :|
  • CrashmanX - March 21, 2013 5:57 p.m.

Def not a fan of the "No used games" but the way the online connection works... well it sounds OK to a point. As long as it's not a "You can play as long as you have a connection" type deal, I'm fine. Hell even STEAM has an "OFFLINE" mode if your connection goes out so you can still play your games.
  • Dave2123 - March 21, 2013 5:30 p.m.

Everyone's saying this is a deal breaker, but Sony want to do the exact same thing with used games as Microsoft - they just haven't confirmed it yet. It won't matter how bad your connection is - it won't affect gameplay, because all the data is on disk or hard drive. It only needs to be connected so it can auto update, which if your connection is bad will take longer. To all of you, myself included, who have bad connections and only play offline now, having to be connected won't mean your game lags just that updates in the background will take ages. Seriously, everyone needs to calm down. Everything mentioned here is pretty much the same as what Sony has confirmed for the PS4.
  • Daman90 - March 22, 2013 4:39 p.m.

Can you prove that Sony wants to get rid of preowned games?
  • Dave2123 - March 23, 2013 7:28 p.m.

I'll try and find it but i definitely read it somewhere or saw it on a video. I could be wrong though.
  • Dave2123 - March 23, 2013 7:33 p.m.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a460484/ps4-playstation-4-will-not-block-pre-owned-games.html I appear to be wrong - it was just a rumour. TBH i was trying to defend microsoft (i have a 360) but if the rumours are mainly true i am beginning to think that the PS4 will be better.
  • FierceVoltage - March 21, 2013 2:54 p.m.

This will screw so many people who have bad connections :(
  • PolarBearsInHeat - March 21, 2013 12:45 p.m.

Well that's not exactly terrible news.
  • batboy - March 21, 2013 12:12 p.m.

The biggest issue I'm looking at is the whole used games issue. Now with the "Always on, always connected" and the used games lockout, what happens if another RRoD problem comes along. Does that mean that your whole library you got up to that point is no longer usable and now you would have to repurchase the games again just to play them?
  • srijit-sen - March 22, 2013 8:15 p.m.

that i fear what is ultimately going to happen. Like my Mac. the support Insisted that i get a new one. i sold the thing for 1/3rd its price and got myself a regular Laptop.