• GrandmaSlayer - November 1, 2012 9:20 a.m.

NO GOD-DAMN GREEN SCREENS PLEASE! real sets with real props, that's what made IV,V and VI so popular! hell, the death star was the size of my kitchen table! And for the love of god, battlefront 3 already
  • GameManiac - October 31, 2012 1:53 p.m.

Holy $#*! First Pixar, then Marvel, and now Lucasfilm? Disney will rule the world at this rate.
  • Tranquilbez34 - October 31, 2012 1:05 p.m.

We're one step closer to seeing BattleFront 3 a reality :D
  • PolarBearsInHeat - October 31, 2012 2:12 p.m.

Until they updated the article and said they were focusing on mobile.
  • seanpwns - October 31, 2012 9:10 a.m.

Space Mountain at Disney World will now be Star Wars themed. Awesome.
  • Hobogonigal - October 31, 2012 1:35 a.m.

Star Wars 7 instead of Star Wars 10? I guess they've thrown out the whole start with the last three then do the first three concept...
  • Galgomite - October 31, 2012 1:10 a.m.

If Lucas showed any indication that he can make a decent film these days, I'd be devastated. As it is, It would be an undeniable step up if the next SW picture had as much punch as even Tron Legacy.
  • Balaska - October 30, 2012 11:54 p.m.

Bioware should have got Lucasfilm. KoTOR and SWTOR show that Bioware understand Star Wars.
  • DarthKratos - October 30, 2012 9:49 p.m.

I actually think this could be a good thing. Honestly, the Disney company is filled with geniuses. Look at Hannah Montana, no, we don't all like it, but we don't have to, it was the smartest thing a company could have done to reach out to its targeted demographic (getting a person with screen presence for pre-teen girls who could sell albums filled with songs that are basically advertised in the show)and while its a corporate ploy, it only worked because the targeted people liked it. And they've shown this ingenuity this in the way they handle the subsidiary companies like Marvel, Pixar, ABC, and ESPN as well. With this in mind, we can imagine them to handle Lucasfilm at least just as well (while giving them access to a lot more $$$). And since other people will be handling the franchise knowing the feelings of the target demographics and thinking "There's a lot of pressure, I must respect the franchise for this to work" and not the overconfident creator/director view that makes Gungans, a metal called "unobtainium", adds his own made up content to make three Hobbit movies, or puts Bane in a goatse mask. Plus, we can't forget how well the Pirates of the Caribbean movies came out.
  • Sgt.D.D7 - October 30, 2012 7:12 p.m.

if they can do the Thrawn Trilogy justice- it would be my favoritest!!!
  • Asmodean - October 30, 2012 7:36 p.m.

As much as that would be great they need to move away from the Skywalker saga.
  • ChaosEternal - October 30, 2012 6:55 p.m.

Even with the disclaimer saying this post is not a joke, I was still pretty convinced it was a joke. It was that unbelievable. Then I read the press release, and I had to believe it. Star Wars just seemed... like it so deeply rooted in popular culture that while it could be expanded on in other mediums, more movies just wouldn't happen.
  • bass88 - October 30, 2012 6:29 p.m.

Disney VP: "You cannot hide forever, Lucas." Lucas: "I will not trade with you!" Disney VP: "Give yourself to the Disney Side. It is the only way you can save your franchises. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... Indiana. So, you have Indiana Jones. Your feelings have now betrayed him too. Spielberg was wise to hide him from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Disney Side... then perhaps he will..." Lucas: "NOOOO!"
  • Asmodean - October 30, 2012 6:59 p.m.

LOL!!
  • NOGIRLSIWANNAJETPACK - October 30, 2012 4:46 p.m.

no. please no! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
  • brickman409 - October 30, 2012 4:22 p.m.

http://www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
  • Ectoman - October 30, 2012 3:39 p.m.

Your once again kicking the hornets next, the geeks have still yet to recover from the episodes 1-3
  • Corsair89 - October 30, 2012 3:36 p.m.

Hey Disney, you payed $4 billion for Star Wars, right? Want to know how to make all that money back really quickly? Release the original unaltered theatrical trilogy to DVD and Blu-ray. George is out of the way. The Force is with you now! You can do it! GO! RIGHT NOW! DO IT!!!
  • JarkayColt - October 30, 2012 3:28 p.m.

I'm not gonna make a call whether this is a bad thing or a good thing, I just think it's interesting, considering I never really expected there to be any more numbered films. It'll be fun to watch how this pans out, I guess. I'd like to think Star Wars is in good hands with Disney though. However this article seems to be missing a certain piece of info. How much did this cost!? Is it a as-of-yet undisclosed amount? I can't imagine it was cheap!
  • DarthPunk - October 30, 2012 3:31 p.m.

4 Billion allegedly